Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
N. Vallaki

FESTIVAL OF THE BLAZING SUN

The guards hesitate for one moment, until someone actually goes to free Lars. At which point they turn to attack. They proceed to try and knock out the ladies, ignoring Marcos, so as to follow through with the Burgomaster's command.

Missed something. So Yveth is adamant about grabbing Lars. So they aren't going to just let you leave.

Map

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
N. Vallaki

A brutal battle follows. Many guards are put down, some killed, others just knocked unconscious, one takes Yveth's advice and falls prone, pretending to be unconscious. Soon only one guard remains standing that isn't cowering. Finally all the guards, save one simply flee. The last moves toward the Burgomaster trying to protect him as they flee the town square.

Few townsfolk remained to watch the battle, but as the party overwhelms the guards they all flee, to their homes in terror that this group of murderers would kill them all.

All except for one man. He watches the party's actions, taking in their skill, and their dedication. When you have a chance to catch your breath he slowly approaches you.

You have successfully routed the guard, or at least the half that was here. You now have more or less free reign of the town as the townsfolk will cower in their homes until you leave.

Map

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

Moira raised her hand toward the man, her fingers white against the smoky glass of the crystal ball.

"You. Stop. Before I make another enemy today know this: I have no quarrel with you and our only wish is to leave this place. Now, what is your business?"

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
N. Vallaki

The man stops, holding up his empty hands. "Now, now I have no intention of fighting you. I am here on behalf of a concerned party. She was curious about the strangers in our land. And she wished to invite you to dinner, so that she could get to know you, perhaps discuss matters that are beyond me."

Map

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Yveth
40 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
"Name." It's not a question, at the moment it's a prerequisite.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
N. Vallaki

"Oh I am sorry milady. My name is Ernst Larnak. May I have your name?"

Map

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011
Marcos
Level Four Paladin
23 HP | 20 AC

While the rest of the party is speaking with Ernst, Marcos is healing the guards who are on death's door and would die without intervention. No sense for them to die for their jobs; it is not they who are at fault. 5 charges of Lay on Hands used, 15 remaining.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
40 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
Yveth's eyes narrow very slightly, "Your patron's,"

"I'm Yveth Beaumond."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
N. Vallaki

"It is Lady Wachter who invites you to dinner."

Map

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
40 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
"I could eat."

Let's go. I probably won't actually eat because of PARANOIA.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"What say you, Fee?" Moira whispered to the thief, "is this one on the level?"

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Fel'Jyani
HP: 16/31 | AC: 16 | 9/20 Arrows 19/20 Silver Arrows 9/10 Healer's Kit | Spells Slots: Level 1 - 4/4 Level 2 - 1/2 | Passive Perception: 15 | Exhaustion: 0

Watching as my spiritual weapon fades away, I give a small shrug as Moira whispers to me.

"I, it's a little hard to get a read on him... guess I'm still a little out of it from our fight, sorry."

Trying to get a sense if Ernst is who he says he is.
Insight v. Ernst: 1d20+1d4+5 13

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

Moira shrugged.

"Can't be worse than waiting around here," she said to Ernst, "name's Moira."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
N. Vallaki

When it seems that you have agreed to accompany him Ernst bows then turns and leads you through town. As you go you notice no one else on the streets, occasionally you spot someone slamming a door shut or glancing through a window, but the townspeople still seem scared of you.

Eventually he leads you to a massive house.

N4. WACHTERHAUS

This house seems disgusted with itself. A slouching roof hangs heavy over furrowed gables, and moss-covered walls sag and bulge under the weight of the vegetation. As you study the house's sullen countenance, you hear the edifice actually groan. Only then do you realize the extent to which the house hates what it has become.

N4A. FRONT DOOR AND VESTIBULE

Ernst walks up to the front door and unlocks it with a key.

The front door opens into a narrow vestibule. Three stained-glass doors in wooden frames lead from it.

He heads to the door across from the entrance and opens it.

N4B. STAIRCASE

A wooden staircase leads up to a balcony. At the foot of the stairs is a landing with three stained-glass doors in wooden frames.

Then he turns to the left and opens that door.

N4J. DINING ROOM

An ornate dining table stretches the length of this room, a crystal chandelier hanging above it imperiously. The silverware is tarnished, the dishes chipped, yet all are still quite elegant. Eight chairs, their backs adorned with sculpted elk horns, surround the table. Arched windows made of a latticework of iron and glass look out onto the small, fog-swept estate.

N4I. PARLOR

Here three elegant couches surround an oval table made of black glass. All are set in front of a blazing hearth, above which hangs the portrait of a smirking nobleman sporting a broken nose and a tangle of hair graying at the temples. Several smaller portraits hang on the north wall.

A dignified woman stands there, Ernst walks up to her and speaks to her for a moment before backing up behind her.

"Good afternoon. I am the Lady Wachter and I welcome you to my home. I have been hearing interesting things about you. I have a meal being prepared, and you are invited to partake."

She calls for a servant then sends them off with a job. Then she shows you the way back to the dining room where you will eat.

Map

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
40 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
Yveth takes a seat and rolls a silver piece across her knuckles as she waits for the food to come.

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011
Marcos
Level Four Paladin
23 HP | 20 AC

Marcos takes a seat, and does his best to hide his apprehension. Something seems off about this place, as well as the hosts.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

Moira fell into a chair and folded her arms.

If this is a trap, then by the gods I'll render this place unto ash, she thought while she glared at the ceiling.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 14, 2016

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
N. Vallaki

N4. WACHTERHAUS

N4J. DINING ROOM

As you all sit down, preparing to wait for the food to arrive Lady Wachter begins with some small talk.

"How has your stay in town been? Have you been enjoying yourselves? Have you seen just what kind of man our mayor is?"

Map

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011
Marcos
Level Four Paladin
23 HP | 20 AC

Indeed, he seems to have let the stress of the festivities overwhelm him. A very human, evil, one I have seen all too often. It's been too long since we've been able to properly stretch our legs, especially with all that has conspired since we've arrived. Marcos smiles, trying to get some insight on his host's motives.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
N. Vallaki

N4. WACHTERHAUS

N4J. DINING ROOM

"Yes, his actions are quite concerning. I do have to wonder if he is truly right for Vallaki."

You suspect she wants to replace the Burgomaster of Vallaki.

Map

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
40 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
"Out with it. Already dealt with half his guards..."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
N. Vallaki

N4. WACHTERHAUS

N4J. DINING ROOM

"Yes, you are quite capable. Very well, I would like for the Burgomaster to be deposed. I feel you may be capable of doing so. And I am willing to reward you for doing so."

Map

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
40 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
"The Traitor. This is a card of power and strength. It tells of a weapon of vengeance; a sword of sunlight. Look for a wealthy woman. A staunch ally of the devil, she keeps the treasure under lock and key, with the bones of an ancient enemy."
"Job's halfway done, cough up the reward and I'll finish it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
N. Vallaki

N4. WACHTERHAUS

N4J. DINING ROOM

The Lady Wachter watches Yveth. "Half done or no. Finish the job and you will be richly rewarded."

Map

• Locked thread