Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Where can you get one of those fission bombs? Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

AgentF posted:

OP I'm not 100% certain but I reckon Iran might know if Iran is building fission bombs.
What if even Iran doesn't know

Like it goes on a bender, and wakes up next to a nuke

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Well, looks like Iran just whacked my Iranian Vanunu. Sad.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Well, that issue's settled. What do you want to talk about now?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

rudatron posted:

What if even Iran doesn't know

Like it goes on a bender, and wakes up next to a nuke

Aww man. And it doesn't even know if it's a nuke because it doesn't have a nuclear weapons program! If it asks a professional it'll get in sooo much trouble with the principal America.

We're about thirty percent of the way to a blockbuster here.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

zimboe posted:

You Goons have never heard the air raid sirens

Actually we do air raid sirens the first monday of every month

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

AgentF posted:

Well, that issue's settled. What do you want to talk about now?

How are the Olympics going for everyone, have you been watching beach volleyball

It's pretty cool

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
I hear iRan is weaponising bat-borne zika delivery. What now Jimboe?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

We'd also know if they tested one PDQ with how sensitive seismic detectors are these days. See: the Norks

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

NLJP posted:

We'd also know if they tested one PDQ with how sensitive seismic detectors are these days. See: the Norks

Didn't NK just blow up like a thousand tonnes of TNT and claim it was a nuclear blast?

Britain did the same trick back in the 50's when we made a giant fission bomb to try to convince people we had hydrogen bombs (the US were observing and were pretty unimpressed). This directly contributed to a nuclear reactor catching fire since the British nuclear program had to work overtime to replace all the plutonium that just got reduced to gamma rays, and decided the only way to do this was massively cut corners on safety.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Afaik no, they had one misfire shittily but then seem to have managed a true blast sometime.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

OP: they're idiots if they aren't.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

MikeCrotch posted:

Didn't NK just blow up like a thousand tonnes of TNT and claim it was a nuclear blast?

Britain did the same trick back in the 50's when we made a giant fission bomb to try to convince people we had hydrogen bombs (the US were observing and were pretty unimpressed). This directly contributed to a nuclear reactor catching fire since the British nuclear program had to work overtime to replace all the plutonium that just got reduced to gamma rays, and decided the only way to do this was massively cut corners on safety.

You're talking about Windscale, an air-cooled reactor with no more design sophistication than a window-mounted air conditioner.
gently caress, that was a near miss. It could have been worse than Chernobyl, another iffy design.
A graphite fire in a huge uranium reactor, YUM.
Coulda laid waste to a significant part of England.
Build these reactors at the bottom the sea. gently caress the dolphins. Shave the whales.
Water is an excellent shield.
So the fish get radioactive? We'll use 'em for light bulbs, just like the chickens from Kiev.

e2:
Could the Norks be faking all this with vast shitloads of TNT? That's a lotta juice.
It would fit well with the general trend of great steaming crocks of crap from these guys.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

zimboe posted:

Could the Norks be faking all this with vast shitloads of TNT? That's a lotta juice.
It would fit well with the general trend of great steaming crocks of crap from these guys.

better invade just to be on the safe side

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
They are, in Syria, at a site near the Lebanese border manned by Revolutionary Guards and surrounded by heavy Hezbollah militia deployment.

Never trust a regime that invades America and continues to espouse antisemitic ideals.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

poo poo, Iran has invaded America!? :eek:

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

System Metternich posted:

poo poo, Iran has invaded America!? :eek:

Clearly he's talking about the Japanese in the second line which is a huge non-sequitur but yeah Japan is "building" fission bombs the same way Iran is.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Orange Devil posted:

Actually we do air raid sirens the first monday of every month

Really?

Apparently not in Ellay, haven't heard one since the 70's i think.
Or i went deaf and didn't notice.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I asked them, and they told me they were not.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
if iran was, in fact, building fission bombs or had built fission bombs, or even had somebody else build them fission bombs on the sly to avoid those pesky weapon inspectors, then i am curious, op: what would you do with this information?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Is there some reason we're calling them fission bombs instead of just nukes or something I'm confused.

Deimus
Aug 17, 2012
I accidentally read the thread title as 'fusion bombs' and got really excited.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Starshark posted:

Is there some reason we're calling them fission bombs instead of just nukes or something I'm confused.

because only then can you put an iranian flag on the "fission mailed" screenshot

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Starshark posted:

I mean it does kind of drive the point home that even if Iran had double secret probation centrifuges and sources of uranium that they could still only build a bomb to be delivered by plane right now and we're pretty good at shooting down planes (also there is, I am told, an ocean between the United States and the Islamic Republic of Iran though I freely admit I am no professional geographer).

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

eSports Chaebol posted:

I mean it does kind of drive the point home that even if Iran had double secret probation centrifuges and sources of uranium that they could still only build a bomb to be delivered by plane right now and we're pretty good at shooting down planes (also there is, I am told, an ocean between the United States and the Islamic Republic of Iran though I freely admit I am no professional geographer).

Actually it's just a couple rivers between Iran and Israel.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Orange Devil posted:

Actually it's just a couple rivers between Iran and Israel.

If one were worried about Israel being nuked one might consider non-proliferation a much more important goal than minimizing Iranian hegemony but rabid Jew-hating anti-Semites like Netanyahu see it differently...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Cefte was right, the Iranian nuclear program is an excellent litmus test for fishing out trolls and idiots.

• Locked thread