Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties
Remember tonight is Census night everyone. Be sure to mark your religion as some sort of Christian denomination to retain our culture and way of life. I understand that not everyone reading this is of the Christian faith and rightly so. However the mainstream culture (western culture) and comfortable way of life we all enjoy here in Australia is formed undeniabley on Christian virtues and ethics. If we want to preserve this culture then christianity has to remain the dominant force in this country. We all know the reality of what will happen if there a significant drop in Christianity and rise in Islam. It will mean more terrorism as more Saudi wahabbi mosques are built which will result in a rise of radical islam. Marking 'no religion' will not save Australia from Islamization, it will aid it. A 'no religion' answer in the governments eyes means that you don't care about or have a culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Remember, the influence zone of a Saudi wahabbi mosque is roughly 75m. Make sure you don't venture inside of a 75m circle of a mosque or you might find your Christianity stat going down

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
If you're really a patriot try driving past centrelink offices and yelling at the scum. This has been found to get your Christianity up more than attending church. It's a well known exploit, but we can't afford to let the Mus_Lims win this census.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
If the Mus_lims do happen to win the majority this census, even after re-count, the first place you should go is... the supermarket! Mus_lims can't go anywhere near pork, and a pork chop hanging around your neck is guaranteed to keep you out of the kill radius of a suicide bomber and his dreams of 72 virgins.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

PatriotPete posted:

Remember tonight is Census night everyone. Be sure to mark your religion as some sort of Christian denomination to retain our culture and way of life. I understand that not everyone reading this is of the Christian faith and rightly so. However the mainstream culture (western culture) and comfortable way of life we all enjoy here in Australia is formed undeniabley on Christian virtues and ethics. If we want to preserve this culture then christianity has to remain the dominant force in this country. We all know the reality of what will happen if there a significant drop in Christianity and rise in Islam. It will mean more terrorism as more Saudi wahabbi mosques are built which will result in a rise of radical islam. Marking 'no religion' will not save Australia from Islamization, it will aid it. A 'no religion' answer in the governments eyes means that you don't care about or have a culture.

Australian "culture" is pretty bad though OP, why do you want to save that? Aside from Crocodile Dundee, but the Musselmen will want to keep that because it's so good.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
OP drinks gas with abbos probably?

AlouetteNR
Jun 6, 2011
Did we ever find out if Malcolm Turnbull was a UN plant OP?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

AlouetteNR posted:

We just need to wait till the census data is hacked and dumped on wikileaks so we can see what Malcolm Turnbull wrote under occupation.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

AlouetteNR posted:

Murdoch's wife is a Chinese spy!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

PatriotPete posted:

A culture built on the strong christian virtues and ethics of lying to the government as part of an attempt to disenfranchise other Australians. After all, in Numbers 31:27 it says, "Divide the shares equally between the soldiers who took part in the battle and the rest of the community who are our sort of people."

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

What kind of terrible country puts a religion box on the census anyhow

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
What kind of backwards hellhole uses a census? Are't people registered at birth by the Population Register Centre?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I've come back because I'm angry.

See, it's easy to talk about promoting Christian culture, values, and traditions, but generally it takes your form; ostracizing other religions and being lying shits about basically everything, based on magical thinking that it will somehow make your life richer.

If you were serious about spreading the teachings of Jesus you'd put on a nice suit that cleans easily, and you'd be going door to goddamn door spreading the good news. Most people have already heard it, so you'll have to prove you're more than just some lying sack of garbage wearing the tatters of the bible as a cape and being a lying poo poo about basically everything. I suggest yardwork. During the winter, shoveling snow makes you everyone's messiah, and you might save someone breaking a hip. Or you can just wear an obnoxiously colored interfaith cooperation jacket and start filling garbage bags with litter. If anyone makes eye contact, say hello! Don't be pushy about it, they'll see someone wearing a religious outreach jacket doing volunteer work and they'll know you're just aching to talk about Jesus. So maybe don't, talk about local sports team or a kangaroo you saw or something. Or maybe do? Your relation with God will guide you.

Maybe you're not even religious, but clearly the values of a religion are important to you. Get involved anyway! People will take your ethical concerns more seriously and listen more attentively when you're willing to back them up with sweat equity, and the values you're championing include charity and community. Plus, you'll have a nicer neighborhood, which is swell.

I am absolutely certain there are religious outreach groups in your area that would be thrilled to have as much of your time as you feel comfortable giving. Maybe you'll get to work alongside someone of another faith! This is a great chance to talk to them about the lord. Or maybe you can talk about how those Saudi wahabbi mosques of theirs worry you about the future of your nation. Social change grows from free and honest exchanges between people united in the shared goal of a better future, and if that means you lose your weekends to smelling slightly of garbage and toiling outside, so be it.

Of course, all that would take work and courage. Stick to lying about your faith, and then thirty years from now complain that kids don't believe in anything!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Aesculus posted:

Remember, the influence zone of a Saudi wahabbi mosque is roughly 75m. Make sure you don't venture inside of a 75m circle of a mosque or you might find your Christianity stat going down

Each minaret adds potentially 300m to the effect radius. Minarets are very dangerous.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Mystic Mongol posted:

Of course, all that would take work and courage. Stick to lying about your faith, and then thirty years from now complain that kids don't believe in anything!

I appreciate your effort, but OP doesn't care about being a good Christian at all, he just hates/fears Muslims. The current census-related right-wing meme going around is that putting 'no religion' as your response will split the non-muslim response, and the government will start building more mosques or declare Australia a Muslim country or something. Because Australia isn't really a secular country, or something.

OP, do you seriously think the government is currently responsible for building churches, rather than the religious organisations or community groups themselves? Also, do you understand the concepts of secularism and separation of church & state, for just a couple of examples?

Also I think the mods and other D&D readers would really appreciate it if you could contain all of your insanity to one thread, or at least respond to your threads rather than dumping and starting a new one. Hell, even just post these in C-SPAM or something. Why did you stop posting in Auspol; could you not adequately respond to the posters' arguments?

Edit: one more thing. The current largest individual response is either "Catholic" or "No Religion" IIRC. Why isn't Australia currently considered a Catholic country, or an irreligious country? If enough people put "no religion" couldn't we just call ourselves an irreligious country, rather than whichever religion comes in second?

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 10, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Real talk you should be 100% truthful on the census and shouldn't lie about whether you are Christian or not just because ~nebulous reasons~

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I want Sharia Law

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I, too, want my local chicken shop replaced by a kebab shop. Snackpacks for all!

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
OP, who do you think was behind the DDoS attacks on the census and why?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hopefully as a white male earning above the average wage, working in IT I won't skew the numbers too much.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Hopefully as a guy with a short dick but really quite thick, I won't skew the numbers too much.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Hopefully as a terrorist with a thirst for white man blood, I won't skew the numbers too much.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Actually mosques are pretty good faith building, that give +3 faith and +1 happiness, so stacking them with our churches means we can sort support a larger population

Obviously not as good as pagoda, but we'll get them in the next census.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Actually, gently caress the census, I'm not a number, I'm not a statistic, I'm a human being God (allah) dammit

When they come for me, to put me in a little box, I'll whisper sweetly "Heidegger was right", and shoot myself

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Attempts to ensure that every citizen of Australia gets fair and equal representation under the law set off an enormous wave of suicides earlier today. When asked for comment, Malcolm Turnbull said, "It's just as well. We never knew what they wanted and they kept starting fires."

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 246 days!
What happens if Aussies mark "Jedi" as their religion? Does the Force awaken?

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

I don't know what your culture is like (as an American I assume it's like mine, but shittier), but I think it's really dumb to get concerned about "Jedi". Like do you want atheists to be known as people who hate good-natured jokes?

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

n.b. I'm no American exceptionalist, many countries have better records of civil liberty and guaranteed living standards than we do. I just hear Australia's particularly bad.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

#2 on swimming, #1 on billabongs

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Swimming killed an Australian prime minister while he was in office.

Wait does that make swimming a good thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SynthOrange posted:

Swimming killed an Australian prime minister while he was in office.

Wait does that make swimming a good thing?

Depends which Prime Minister it was. If it was a colossal arsehole on the scale of John Howard or Tony Abbott then swimming should get a knighthood.

• Locked thread