Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think it's PPP but one of the pollsters has been asking a question that's more or less "If Hillary Clinton wins, do you think it will be because a) she got the most votes, or b) because the election was rigged?" so by doing it that way we can kind of get both sides: "Do you think the result of the election will a) reflect the will of most Americans, or b) reflect one candidate rigging the election?" something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle posted:

If we go with rigging as our contest thing—and I think that's weak, especially as Trump seems to be moving away from that rhetoric—we need two questions: Do you believe the election will be rigged? Should we allow international observers with experience in this sort of thing to monitor our election?

Rephrase the second with help from PPP, but the general idea is to see if belief the election will be rigged correlates in an interesting way with desire for election observers.

So the edit-correction doesn't get lost in the page transition, I want to point out I meant "observers" and not "owners". It was 2 AM, in my defense.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Yoshifan823 posted:

Agreed, though I still think "do you think this election will be rigged" or something like that ("tampered with"?) would be better than "reflecting the will of real americans".

No, these people love things that are ever so slightly aloof.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I was worried one month was too long, but maybe it isn't. I think we'll hit it though.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Did we cross-post it in C-SPAM and GBS? Might be enough to put us over the top.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

axeil posted:

feel free to post a thread in cspam

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
:10bux: sent. I want to hear "A recent SomethingAwful poll shows..." on the news, dammit.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I had to pull out my :10bux: because of a family emergency, sorry, but I'm sure we'll still make it!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

axeil posted:

I haven't been to gibbis in so long I wouldn't know where to start. I have no idea what it's like up there these days. If anyone wants to though, please do.

Also, I did get a message from someone who wanted to crosspost it to their political blog. Maybe could be some help there as well.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I'm pad posting from bed but I will put some money in tomorrow to put us over the 2k mark

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
If you break $2600, can you ask more questions?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
late to the party but let's get this poo poo goin! I put us a bit over $2000, come on goons!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The X-man cometh posted:

If you break $2600, can you ask more questions?

We have to hit $3000 for 10, which may be asking a lot at this point. I'm still hoping we can make it though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'll have to take a look at my bank account and see what I can donate. It's too nifty an idea to leave alone, I think.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I bumped the C-SPAM "polls polls polls polls" thread with a link to this thread.

Don't make me bust out the matching gift promotion y'all, I'll do it! I'LL TOTE BAG THIS MOTHERFUCKER

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

6 days and $600 left. Any place we've not hit up for help?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Probably need to start a separate thread in C-SPAM

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Threw in $30.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I'll try to throw in some cash when I get a chance within the next couple days.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Threw in a bit more money, to try to help us reach our goals.

Also, if we do get funded, do we want to rethink Mississippi? I mean it was interesting when we thought Hillary might be close there, but it might be better to poll somewhere more relevant given how the landscape has changed?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Well, I put something up in GBS, maybe in between all the posts making GBS threads on this idea, someone will donate.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789767

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

The X-man cometh posted:

Well, I put something up in GBS, maybe in between all the posts making GBS threads on this idea, someone will donate.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789767

Well, it got gassed, so at least GBS' mods can do something right.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Didn't even get any donations

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Well, it looks like we're going to fall short. Did my best to promote it off the forums as well, though I haven't been active in this thread lately, but I've got an expedition coming up in a few weeks and have been busy as gently caress. Ah well. Goon projects, I guess. At least everyone will get their money back.

e: on the off chance we make it in the next day, I may have to appoint someone else here to handle the actual business of it, as I'll be busy expeditioning and such, but we'll worry about that when/if it's necessary.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
We came depressingly close y'all but heck, the userbase just isn't quite as large these days. I also pushed this with non-goons and such because I figured it would be entertaining.

Great idea ReidRansom. Good luck on your trip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuisN
Sep 10, 2011
Should've took my $5 and ran tbh. I guess I'll donate the refund to Hillary.

• Locked thread