Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

August 8th: Van carrying pilots being dropped off in the LA area gets stolen by homeless hooligans when the driver goes to the front desk. A man and a woman are the culprits. 5 minutes later, police pull in to my hotel parking lot and found the van with only the woman inside. Turns out the van had a GPS tracking device in it, and my hotel is literally across the street from the Crowne Plaza. They cannot locate the male suspect.

August 9th: The homeless man, suspect from the 8th, is seen lingering around the same goddamn Crowne Plaza hotel. While they search for him, the man somehow comes upon the room number and information of an in house guest, goes to the valet, and the loving valet brings around the guest's Camaro. THEY loving HAND HIM THE CAR KEYS AND HE SUCCESSFULLY "STEALS" IT.

Holy gently caress incompetence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol that bum kicks rear end

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Nooner posted:

Before loving know it the guy will be back and steal the entire god drat hotel and no one will know what the gently caress is going on until they go to have a meeting with their new boss and it's a guy in loving dirty crocs drinking a 40 from a paper loving bag.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
you mean like the Crowne Plaza Hotel man?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Why are you at a hotel?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Runefaust posted:

Before loving know it the guy will be back and steal the entire god drat hotel and no one will know what the gently caress is going on until they go to have a meeting with their new boss and it's a guy in loving dirty crocs drinking a 40 from a paper loving bag.

"Dont you know who I am? I am MISTER Plaza and you WILL give me all the keys to the building.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Mariana Horchata posted:

you mean like the Crowne Plaza Hotel man?

exactly.

"Oh it's a great day. Woke up in a beautiful beach in Los Angeles. Hey love let's go out to grab some breakfast! Let me give a call to valet to have them pull my car around....."

a hole-y ghost posted:

Why are you at a hotel?

I work in Hotels. Currently on a project at this location when I received an email from the general manager of our hotel warning our other properties in the area about what happened (We have quite a few here within a 10 mile radius).

The email basically read "Here's what happened. Read it? Don't be stupid this stupid.".

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Runefaust posted:

I work in Hotels. Currently on a project at this location when I received an email from the general manager of our hotel warning our other properties in the area about what happened (We have quite a few here within a 10 mile radius).

The email basically read "Here's what happened. Read it? Don't be stupid this stupid.".
A project in that location? What does that mean and how does it work

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

a hole-y ghost posted:

A project in that location? What does that mean and how does it work

Currently on "task force" due to some accounting issues at one of our properties. Basically, old director of finance wasn't doing good work, ousted the old director, and until we find a replacement I have to be on location in order to help manage the property until we find a replacement. Boring poo poo.

On another note, a week prior to this incident, a guest staying at this property left his hotel room at 1-2am, went to an ex-girlfriends house a few blocks away, broke in, shot her, and then killed himself. This area seems doomed.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Runefaust posted:

Currently on "task force" due to some accounting issues at one of our properties. Basically, old director of finance wasn't doing good work, ousted the old director, and until we find a replacement I have to be on location in order to help manage the property until we find a replacement. Boring poo poo.

On another note, a week prior to this incident, a guest staying at this property left his hotel room at 1-2am, went to an ex-girlfriends house a few blocks away, broke in, shot her, and then killed himself. This area seems doomed.
I think that's inevitable this close to the airport.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Runefaust posted:

how would they know he wasn't just some VC with a rad 'tude tho?!

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

a hole-y ghost posted:

I think that's inevitable this close to the airport.

LAX, to be exact.

darth_pizza posted:

how would they know he wasn't just some VC with a rad 'tude tho?!

The smell.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I have to go to LAX on Sunday to pick up my buddy and his girlfriend at fuggin 10:45 at night its bullshit I hate LAX so much

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Nooner posted:

I have to go to LAX on Sunday to pick up my buddy and his girlfriend at fuggin 10:45 at night its bullshit I hate LAX so much

I live in goddamn east LA and travel a pretty good amount to and fro. At least on Sunday night you can avoid most of the drunk drivers.

But not all. You can't avoid them loving all.

Edit: Depending on where you come from, try to avoid the 105. You pass right by all the god drat poo poo south LA neighborhoods and I'd gather 1 of every 3 cars on the 105 near those areas is an uninsured motorist who's committed at least 2 hit and runs. These numbers I've seemingly pulled out of my rear end probably aren't far from the truth.

Caeks fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Aug 11, 2016

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
when I went to California once I flew into John Wayne Airport and it was super chill...its single runway and super short too so take-offs and landings are very exciting! I also saw a Bugatti Veyron around there too.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Mariana Horchata posted:

when I went to California once I flew into John Wayne Airport and it was super chill...its single runway and super short too so take-offs and landings are very exciting!
yeah smaller airports are so nice

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
once stayed at the Crowne in redondo beach, was pretty nice. Then my wife thought it was a brilliant idea to drive down sunset blvd on a friday night which sucked balls

how the gently caress everybody isnt dead down there from the drunk drivers i'll never know

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Pudding Huxtable posted:

once stayed at the Crowne in redondo beach, was pretty nice. Then my wife thought it was a brilliant idea to drive down sunset blvd on a friday night which sucked balls

how the gently caress everybody isnt dead down there from the drunk drivers i'll never know

1) I've seen more accidents living in LA than I can count. I've simply lost track. I've also had to get out of my car driving on the 60 freeway towards downtown due to having to assist a lady out of her truck that loving LANDED ON IT'S DRIVER SIDE DOOR AFTER FLIPPING loving 4 TIMES. Christ.

2) Funny you should mention that particular Crowne Plaza hotel......

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
lol check the cheesecake factory down the street, car bum is prolly rifling through their garbage

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Runefaust posted:

I live in goddamn east LA and travel a pretty good amount to and fro. At least on Sunday night you can avoid most of the drunk drivers.

But not all. You can't avoid them loving all.

Edit: Depending on where you come from, try to avoid the 105. You pass right by all the god drat poo poo south LA neighborhoods and I'd gather 1 of every 3 cars on the 105 near those areas is an uninsured motorist who's committed at least 2 hit and runs. These numbers I've seemingly pulled out of my rear end probably aren't far from the truth.

Coming from and delivering friends to Sherman Oaks so luckily "just" gotta deal with the 405, but still hate it, LAX is the worst ever Bob Hope 4 lyfe

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Any updates on what street bum has stolen today?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Philthy posted:

our hearts :allears:

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Pudding Huxtable posted:

lol check the cheesecake factory down the street, car bum is prolly rifling through their garbage

You don't get many transients in Redondo, but I've seen a few lingering near the bars on the Pier screaming at people playing Pokémon Go.

Redondo's known for being fairly quiet, but his bum is both A) ballsy as gently caress to go back to the same place the next day and B) has stayed in a few hotels before and/or knows how you can game valet into giving you someone else's vehicle. Particularly specializing in gaming lovely valet companies.

On another note: Most hotels don't run the valet staff themselves. Hotels like to hire outside valet companies that handle all the paperwork and insurance so that the valet company is held liable - and not the hotel itself - in case some stupid poo poo like this happens. That means even if you are staying in a well established brand name hotel, their valet can be wishy wash and employed by fuckwits and the hotel will try to absolve themselves of responsibility if something bad happens.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Philthy posted:

I've been checking the news lately to see if anything's come up, but there's been zip about it.

I think the Crowne has been trying to keep this as hush hush as possible. Can you imagine what would happen if word got out that staying there costed you 30ish bucks to park your vehicle and it came with the risk of having it outright stolen?

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Former socal goon checking in to laugh at your states constant carpocalypses and carmageddons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nooner posted:

• Locked thread