Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I just hope Hector learns his lesson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Moridin920 posted:

it was!

I'm just tryin to help that dude out and show him where his argument will lead

I agree with that. I just dunno that Smythe has done anything wrong here?

pronating friginator for three days over a question that only caused a derail (the probe reason) because of smythe's own overreaction

probing HH for three days in the confession thread for posting a confession that someone sent in, instead of using words like an adult to set guidelines and rules

probing beerlioz for making fun of him and not probing me for the same

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There's an adjustment period imo

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Can we please get back to talking about puppets exploding in spacecraft?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

agreed and i am hoping that by calling him out on it it gets out of his system faster

so about that big bird

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Linux Pirate posted:

Can we please get back to talking about puppets exploding in spacecraft?

the spacecraft orbiting jupiter has some lego men in it. thats sort of like puppets. it hasnt exploded yet though

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Parallax Scroll posted:

the spacecraft orbiting jupiter has some lego men in it. thats sort of like puppets. it hasnt exploded yet though

goddammit, when will it blow up?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Carroll Spinney is up their with Fred Rogers in terms of being a sweet, nerdy, likeable human. If you want a god-tier touching moment, go to YouTube and look for Big Bird singing 'it's not easy being green' at Jim Henson's funeral. He kinda breaks and starts to cry toward the end but stays in character and I blubber like a loving baby. Then out of the blue he complains about mods and and I just immediately want to put a cigar out in his eye because nobody loving cares. Weirdest thing

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Parallax Scroll posted:

Seriously? That's kind of cool. I know every gram of matter we send into space costs about a bajillion dollars in fuel and planning or something so the fact that the space nerds are able to do fun stuff like that is awesome.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Linux Pirate posted:

goddammit, when will it blow up?

in a few years when they chuck it directly into jupiter

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Moridin920 posted:

the hill you wanna die on?

stop saying this phrase

everyone, stop

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

HoboZero posted:

Carroll Spinney is up their with Fred Rogers in terms of being a sweet, nerdy, likeable human. If you want a god-tier touching moment, go to YouTube and look for Big Bird singing 'it's not easy being green' at Jim Henson's funeral. He kinda breaks and starts to cry toward the end but stays in character and I blubber like a loving baby. Then out of the blue he complains about mods and and I just immediately want to put a cigar out in his eye because nobody loving cares. Weirdest thing

yeah they had that clip in the documentary and he was talking about how hard it was to stay in character because he had just lost his best friend

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I guess hes a flightless bird LMAO

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Parallax Scroll posted:

in a few years when they chuck it directly into jupiter

Now that's what papa likes to hear!

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
congrats on your child-to-be, sid

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Zorodius posted:

stop saying this phrase

everyone, stop

is that really the hill you want to die on?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Ryoshi posted:

Seriously? That's kind of cool. I know every gram of matter we send into space costs about a bajillion dollars in fuel and planning or something so the fact that the space nerds are able to do fun stuff like that is awesome.

roman god jupiter, his wife/sister juno, and galileo

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Parallax Scroll posted:

Real talk, that is cool and I hope they secured the lego minifigs so they don't float away and melt on something important.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Parallax Scroll posted:

That is so fantastic. They're even custom made, huh? Was Denmark really involved in the mission or something or how did this come about?

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Whats funny is the probation is what actually caused the worst derail in this thread

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

they look 3d printed. also that looks nothing like velma if it weren't for the magnifying glass i wouldn't know who she was supposed to be

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Ryoshi posted:

That is so fantastic. They're even custom made, huh? Was Denmark really involved in the mission or something or how did this come about?

:shrug:

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Knyteguy posted:

Whats funny is the probation is what actually caused the worst derail in this thread

That's what they call irony, sir.

Also

THEY ARE MUPPETS NOT PUPPETS, YOU FUCKLORDS

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Elmo: Big Bird! Elmo saw you die in the Challenger explosion!

Big Bird (with a distinctly different voice): Nope! I jumped out at the last second and flew to safety. I am a bird after all!

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

psychokitty posted:

THEY ARE MUPPETS NOT PUPPETS, YOU FUCKLORDS

Sorry, I knew when I submitted my post with the word "puppet" I was gonna make someone upset.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

Friginator posted:

Didn't the Big Bird guy diddle kids?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mods knew

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
honestly tho just lmao at the idea that you can derail thise thread lmao fucken shut the gently caress up smythe idiot

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The Count: Seven! Seven astronauts on the Challenger!

*A lightning bolt strikes the shuttle and it explodes*

Ah Ah Ah!

cnut
May 3, 2016

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Hey the message is clear: look what happens when you put a woman in space. :shrug:

You know what her last words were? "What does this button do?"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

imagne the episode after mr hooper died and they're all explaining to big bird what loving death means but instead it's on the challenger catching on fire and all the astronauts realize they're not going to make it and they're all huddled in a circle around big bird (wearing a big stupid space suit) explainig what's about to happen to them all

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

"They'll.....come and get us, right?"

"No.......no, they won't"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cnut posted:

You know what her last words were? "What does this button do?"

"It's stuffy in here, gonna open a window, can someone plz feather dust the credenza?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

numberoneposter posted:

I just hope Hector learns his lesson.

I sure did, sorry everyone

• Locked thread