Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
A career .281 hitter, but a career 1.000 lover.

80-grade soul patch.

Was kind of good in 2008, then increasingly terrible. (Possible inverse relationship with performance of Dow Jones Industrial Average? Is this witchcraft?)

This thread is for discussion of Ryan Theriot, player of baseballs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

All-time MLB career leader in

1.) Ryan Theriotness Above Replacement
2.) Batting average on Ryan Theroits in play
3.) Atomic wedgies

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Check this Tyan Rheroit

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Metapod posted:

Check this Tyan Rheroit

Htf is there no soul patch emoticon?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
My roommate and I always called him The Riot and the Braves organ guy would always play Quiet Riot's "Come on Feel the Noise" whenever he came up to the plate. That's my Ryan Theriot story.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

World Series Champion Designated Hitter Ryan Theriot definitely deserves his own thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUjjbZlKo8M

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

My roommate and I always called him The Riot and the Braves organ guy would always play Quiet Riot's "Come on Feel the Noise" whenever he came up to the plate. That's my Ryan Theriot story.

TYFT

Everyone has a Theriostory.

Please more sharing.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Ryan Theriot gave us the TOOTBLAN. For that we should be grateful.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

A lot of people are probably upset that this thread is upstaging another former Giants player who is by all accounts the GOAT.

But don't worry, we have plenty of time for threads about Joaquin Arias.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMv9Vls7mRg

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
The Riot was pretty awesome for that one year. Like everyone else from the 08 Cubs.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Nail Rat posted:

The Riot was pretty awesome for that one year. Like everyone else from the 08 Cubs.

For a second I thought the Steve Bartman thing happened in 2008 and I had a good zinger but nm

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ryan Theriot is a vile traitor who should never be allowed in Cook County, Illinois again.

quote:

With the Cubs holding their offseason fan celebration on the same weekend as the Cardinals, Theriot was a thorny topic for some former teammates. On the day of the trade to the Cardinals, the shortstop described how he was "finally on the right side" of the Cubs-Cardinals rivalry. He later told a St. Louis radio station that he was happy to be with an organization that emphasized winning World Series championships instead of them being "an afterthought." Asked about those comments at their fan fest, a few Cubs took umbrage. One suggested Theriot practice ducking.

"There's probably a decent chance he's going to feel how hard the dirt is around the home-plate batters' box," Cubs catcher Koyie Hill told the Chicago Tribune. "At least once, maybe once an at-bat. I don't know how long it's going to take. I want to get an apology out of him, and until the whole team, the whole organization kind of feels satisfied."

Strong words from Koyie Hill, whose only contribution to major league baseball was returning to play after sawing off his own fingers in an off-season sawing accident.

No baseball fan can ever forget the storied Koyie Hill-Ryan Theriot rivalry.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I can just hear Pujols yelling conyo every time Theriot bounces one on a routine grounder.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
When I opened this thread, I was going to comment how much I enjoyed his time as a Jay, before I realized I was confusing Theriot with Eckstein. Apologies to both players.

In other news, I literally just realized that Theriot's last name is THE RIOT. I am not the most observant person.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Yessss this is what I came in here for, thread delivers.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
At least 95 percent of his wardrobe was affliction shirts

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

He has twice as many WS rings as Arod.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Ryan the Riot won a world series with the Giants and it was pretty good.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i hope this thread keeps getting randomly bumped for the next year, just people remembering ryan theriot

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Ryan Theriot doesn't approve of Colin Kaepernick, which isn't surprising at all, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

He played in the live bat college era but managed only 7 home runs over 3 seasons.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 9, 2016

• Locked thread