Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

RareAcumen posted:

Thing is though, he got over it pretty fast though. Like, all it took was talking to Clank for two minutes or so.

Clank is just that charismatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Chimera-gui posted:

I don't think it's so much that Ratchet got over it as Clank gave him the encouragement to try again and atone for his failure by making sure no other planets get destroyed.

Remember that Ratchet in this game wants to be a hero from the start. He was just inexperienced and unaware that sometimes, the hero doesn't always succeed.

I mean he got over wanting to quit entirely.* I'm sure it bothers him still, but really, Clank got him out of giving up really fast.

*That's what I mean by getting over it. I just realized we might be going off of different definitions here.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

I mean he got over wanting to quit entirely.* I'm sure it bothers him still, but really, Clank got him out of giving up really fast.

*That's what I mean by getting over it. I just realized we might be going off of different definitions here.

That makes more sense, I do think that Clank's friendship is what's getting him through the worst of those regrets which was why he was willing to try again in the first place. He's not completely over it by any stretch but he does at the very least want to finish the job he and Clank started before quitting.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 18, 2016

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I get to wear whatever I want under my work jumpsuit :smuggo:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I get to wear whatever I want under my work jumpsuit :smuggo:

Does anyone ever see it?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

But do the sheeps DANCE?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

We saw them dance in the video, as I recall.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

We saw them dance in the video, as I recall.

Yes, very briefly. But yeah, the sheep dance.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Hi. I played Watch_Dogs 2 last night. It's a fun game where you play as a teenager pranking a city to get twitter followers. You can hack Martin Shkreli's webcam and trick him into donating a ton of money to Leukemia research. You steal a Knight Rider car and spray graffiti all over it and then use your iPad to do sick stunts.

This has nothing to do with Ratchet & Clank, but I thought I should let everyone know that after the terrible Watch_Dogs LP I sat through that the second game is probably worth a buy. Only played about 2.5 hours of it so far but I enjoyed myself.

Update is planned to be on time for once in this thread's life.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

kalonZombie posted:

Hi. I played Watch_Dogs 2 last night. It's a fun game where you play as a teenager pranking a city to get twitter followers. You can hack Martin Shkreli's webcam and trick him into donating a ton of money to Leukemia research. You steal a Knight Rider car and spray graffiti all over it and then use your iPad to do sick stunts.

This has nothing to do with Ratchet & Clank, but I thought I should let everyone know that after the terrible Watch_Dogs LP I sat through that the second game is probably worth a buy. Only played about 2.5 hours of it so far but I enjoyed myself.

Update is planned to be on time for once in this thread's life.

Yeah, it and Titanfall really turned themselves around with their second games. Hopefully this doesn't mean that good games will then sequel themselves into poo poo though.

Also, after finding out that KalonZombie is in his twilight years, I now feel bad about making fun of how bad at video games he is. :(

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Watchdogs should give up guns entirely and have your best weapon be a Taser or something.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

wiegieman posted:

Watchdogs should give up guns entirely and have your best weapon be a Taser or something.

A Syphon Filter quality Taser no less.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Merry Christmas! Here's a double update (because the first update is 9 minutes long and not a real update its just gold bolts you can skip it).

Episode 13 - Gold Bolts

Episode 14 - Buttons ... Uncut ... Cut

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I believe the word Dex was looking for is completionist, which I can empathize with since I've also tried to collect all major collectibles in a game except for like Skill Points, Achievements, or PlayStation Trophies.

Also, I believe the guards prioritized the setting off the alarm over attacking Ratchet in the original game as well.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 24, 2016

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Can confirm that all dogs in the Soulsborne games are terrible.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

So what does the Peacemaker do?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It fires five missiles at once, making a lot of peace in the process.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
Good news, Kalon! You won't need a rabies shot for those dogs.

Bad news, Kalon: you will require a different booster instead.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

It fires five missiles at once, making a lot of peace in the process.

It reduces things to their constituent peaces.

RydogZeta
Feb 14, 2016
Those puzzles are based on difficulty? When I tried to look up the solution to one it didn’t match my puzzle so I thought they were random per play through. I was really glad to get the trophy for doing all of them so I could use auto-hack from then on.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ha, just found this LP right before the end. I had no idea about this game, but it's interesting to see the differences (and similarities) from the original R&C.

I've got to say I preferred the original Drek to the rather weedy remake one, but overall it's a pretty strong plot, and definitely more in-keeping with the Future series' sweeping epic stories than the goofy ones of the original trilogy. If nothing else, in telling a more serious story it actually managed to be a lot less dark than the original game.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

It's over! Kinda! There's still ONE MORE THING to do and I want YOUR input for it. But first...

Episode 15 - The End ... Uncut ... Cut

Now then, here's the question thread, what three levels should I do challenge mode in? I know only one won't be enough content for a whole video so I'm not even going to pretend.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11995842

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The RYNO music sounds very similar to the 1812 overture, it may be another Tchaikovsky piece.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
From what I can tell it's an original composition that's aping the 1812 overture as hard as it is physically possible to do without breaking something.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
It'd have been amazing if Captain Qwark also had a Bouncer when you preorder the game.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I wonder if they'll redo the second and third games. They're not directly contradicted by this one much, but Qwark's personality here doesn't gel with what he does in 2 and Nefarious' history doesn't fit with what happens in 3, so they could be due a rewrite. And they're both great games.

I kind of prefer Qwark's ark in the original trilogy, where he's more of a straight bumbling villain rather than a hero with weak moral fibre. I dunno. This remake still looks like a very fun game though and it's fun to see all the old levels done with modern technology. Thank you for showing it to us!

Edit: There's some typos in your poll, and I'm pretty sure the entry for Rilgar is meant to be for Aridia.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Oh I know exactly what Kalon's talking about I have to deal with humid summers as well. Admittedly part of that is because not only is there a few bodies of water including a pond right outside of my neighborhood and a river that cuts though downtown but the ground is also saturated.

To answer Tenebrais' question, I think they have to make at least the games just to maintain continuity. The movies are less likely given that the first one didn't do so well but video game movies have a reputation for being garbage so I don't think Insomniac had high expectations for it from the start.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This looks pretty drat fun. Thanks for the LP Kalon.

I hope this game did well. I know the film bombed, but I'm hoping that this sold well enough for Insomniac to want to remake 2 and 3- both of those are still very beautiful games so they'd be a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I'm going to call the vote now that the numbers seemed to have stopped, so the challenge video should be up probably next week!

• Locked thread