Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SaltLick posted:

lmbo if you drive a front wheel drive like a loving idiot gently caress head. lol at you not being able to swing that rear end out and power slide into that kroger parking lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

You guys ever see that movie about the cars?

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Oh no my manual transmission blew a clutch, better push my automobile to the nearest public telegram machine to send a ticker tape message to the nearest tow truck company, guess I'll have to ride my bicycle to my job riveting sheet metal together for the Allied Powers. I sure wish someone would invent a technology to replace literally the worst part of driving!

*stops on an incline*

*car rolls backwards, hits horse, horse has to be put down*

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

935 posted:

Oh no my manual transmission blew a clutch, better push my automobile to the nearest public telegram machine to send a ticker tape message to the nearest tow truck company, guess I'll have to ride my bicycle to my job riveting sheet metal together for the Allied Powers. I sure wish someone would invent a technology to replace literally the worst part of driving!

*stops on an incline*

the worst part of driving is sharing the road with you

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
motorcyckes have clutches so its a good skill to learn, assuming you werent terrified of motorcycles because youre a goon

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Enfield posted:

motorcyckes have clutches so its a good skill to learn, assuming you werent terrified of motorcycles because youre a goon

It's always better to take the train. :gbsmith:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I drive an automatic because I hate driving and the less I have to do means I can focus more energy to more productive pursuits like trying to use telekinesis to explode some idiot shitfucker in an H2's head.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

935 posted:

*stops on an incline*

Yeah, my thoughts exactly to be honest.

Better hope your tires have good tread, which they likely don't because it's mostly poor people driving stick and new tires are expensive.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
yeah i sometimes think it would be cool to have a stick but like 10 secs later i realize what a pain in the rear end it will be driving around in the city after about a week

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Enfield posted:

It doesn't really translate from one to the other.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

notZaar posted:

It doesn't really translate from one to the other.

yeah it does you ifiot

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
lol if your manual transmission car ever rolls backwards against your will after the first week you learned how to drive one

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Enfield posted:

yeah it does you ifiot

I got to agree, to a degree, yes, it does translate.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

City of Tampa posted:

lol if your manual transmission car ever rolls backwards against your will after the first week you learned how to drive one

I use the heel-toe method my great-grandfather used on his Model T

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Enfield posted:

yeah it does you ifiot

No way man, totally different.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Model Ts have the throttle on the steering wheel I think, and a bunch of extra pedals. there was no standard format then

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
also heel-toeing to blip the throttle while you downshift and brake hard into a corner feels great

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I used to drive a stick now I drive an automatic SUV. lol @ goons

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

City of Tampa posted:

Model Ts have the throttle on the steering wheel I think, and a bunch of extra pedals. there was no standard format then

cadillac was the first to use the modern three pedal arrangement

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

canpakes posted:

I used to drive a stick now I drive an automatic SUV. lol @ goons

Driving an SUV makes you less than scum.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

nigga crab pollock posted:

i wish econoboxes with manual transmissions were cheap here but they carry a premium because dumbass ricers will put lovely rims and mufflers on loving anything. it doesn't matter if it barely made 120 horsepower when it rolled off the lot or if it's rusted to the point it doesn't have paint anymore, it will probably get sold for like 2+ grand

i just like driving manual

i learned on a mini cooper though and i gotta say gently caress mini coopers, holy poo poo

What's wrong with the Mini Cooper transmission? The clutchfeel is like my favorite thing about it. It even keeps you from rolling backwards for 2 seconds after taking your foot off the brake when going uphill.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not clutching any dumps op.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'm going to accelerate at a normal speed and cruise to the grocery store in 4th gear to pick up some diet ginger ale. gently caress you I won't do what you tell me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

InterFaced posted:

I'm going to accelerate at a normal speed and cruise to the grocery store in 4th gear to pick up some diet ginger ale. gently caress you I won't do what you tell me.

Speed is relative

• Locked thread