Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I don't know. This popped up on twitter today, with Zizek pulling a "I'm outta here/don't have time for this" defense to some recent criticism. Then he goes on responding to criticism for another 22 paragraphs.

https://twitter.com/mauvaisefaith/status/764923945233461248

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm Mexican, and I'm going to live forever.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol you loving idiots

this just means we know you really have been hiding that fountain of youth away

more conquistadors are coming :getin:

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Gotta start crossbreeding them with asians so we can get that multi-spectrum youth serum from their blood.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

lol you loving idiots

this just means we know you really have been hiding that fountain of youth away

more conquistadors are coming :getin:

A la madre

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
its the lengua tortas and the horchata

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

The Whole Internet posted:

lol at liberals saying evolution made humans smarter than other creatures while pretending there's no genetic variance in intelligence between the races

liberals don't think this tho because they understand and believe in evolution and that's not how it works :shrug:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Whole Internet posted:

lol at liberals saying evolution made humans smarter than other creatures while pretending there's no genetic variance in intelligence between the races

you know we're all still homo sapiens with different phenotypes right

like the 'races' are just a social construction they're not really real duder

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Moridin920 posted:

you know we're all still homo sapiens with different phenotypes right

like the 'races' are just a social construction they're not really real duder

Next your gonna tell me that black people don't have an extra muscle in their legs.

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
there are genes that correlate very well with one's geographic ancestry (which is why a service like 23andme works at all), and some of those genes have experienced natural selection

but yeah, there are no hard "race" boundaries, those are all terms of convenience and nothing more

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Dubplate Fire posted:

Next your gonna tell me that black people don't have an extra muscle in their legs.

actually their major hip connector muscle tends to be much larger than in Caucasians fyi (like 70 percent larger) **actually 3 times larger lol

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1469-7580.1999.19420303.x/abstract;jsessionid=09EC84897E912425DD72DE64F470EB78.f03t01

afeelgoodpoop fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 17, 2016

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
lots of variation in the psoas, hell in some people the psoas and ilias are the same muscle

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Aschlafly posted:

lots of variation in the psoas, hell in some people the psoas and ilias are the same muscle

:captainpop:

Aschlafly posted:

some of them believe in a modified version of the big bang. it's russell humphreys' "white hole" cosmology, according to which god stretched the heavens and left the earth (which is at the center of the universe) in the middle of a big magical gravity well. this supposedly allows the universe to be super old but the earth to be 6000 years old.

this predicts that light from stars should be blue shifted, not red shifted, sooooo

This sounds like a big cosmic goatse

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
"a big cosmic goatse" is, on many levels, a great metaphor for YEC in general

like, god goatse'd the universe by stretching it out

or he old-school goatse'd all of us by tricking us into thinking it's really old when in reality it's a 6000-year-young gaping anus

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
You ever seen a Mexican with male pattern baldness?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Latinos don't have poo poo for longevity .... after ~20 they age like fruit

Africans & orientals are the ones with the secret of eternal youth

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Aschlafly posted:

and its shown to be varied by eth....???

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

down n out posted:

You ever seen a Mexican with male pattern baldness?

Cheech

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
If this is true then why do latino women get hit with the fat & ugly truck around age 35 or so?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

PromethiumX posted:

If this is true then why do latino women get hit with the fat & ugly truck around age 35 or so?

Childbearing

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

PromethiumX posted:

yes but their food making skills get a +10 at that age

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

PromethiumX posted:

Maybe the thing you said isn't true.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Latinos don't have poo poo for longevity .... after ~20 they age like fruit

Africans & orientals are the ones with the secret of eternal youth

asians get hit crazy hard when they get old. they either become kung fu masters or turn into actual troll people

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
time is the fire in which we burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

that's what happens when your adult height is that of a young child, op

• Locked thread