Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
megane
Jun 20, 2008

I made a couple:

Here's the album. Let me know what all banners you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Those are awesome, exactly what I was after. Maybe one that says 'Reports' or something similar as well as one for the Soviet turn/movements.

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
SOVIET RESPONSE

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Well I did it, may god have mercy on (all our) souls because Stalin certainly wont.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

CF gives away his secret fuel conservation strategies.

Uh ohhhhh.

Apparently you get an extra army commander shot every paranoid episode.

Sigh.

Talinnnnnnn! :argh:

Hmm I can work with this.

Figuring they must be beat after failed attacks I counter-attack. Oopsie.

Otherwise the front goes nowhere.

His Panzers surge down, killing the breakthrough units and cutting off the forward pats of 50th Army.

I manage to get them back in supply but my wild advances here are over. In the SE a pair of tank units hving infiltrated through the marshes makes sure his supply line remains cut.

His trains are forced to route far north.

Cherkassy, abandoned other than its Garrison falls.

Odessa does not.

Just lol Italians. 10:1 not good enough odds for you? :italy:

Cross river attacks are hard.

He expans his bridgehead slightly and moves up to catch my infantry again.

The same old methodical retreat to the Dnepr. I also shore up the borders of his beachead across it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Oh my god you might be able to retake parts of Poland if he's left it as undefended as it looks :allears:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Seems lucky that Papa Joe decided to go crazy on a turn where it looks like you could basically just sit tight.

And no matter the final result will be in the centre, forcing what looks like an entire Panzergruppe and then some to turn around and chase after a few paltry divisions is a huge victory in itself.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

PLEASE tell me you'll be able to make the dash to what looks like an undefended Warsaw and ruin all his logistics forever.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Crazycryodude posted:

PLEASE tell me you'll be able to make the dash to what looks like an undefended Warsaw and ruin all his logistics forever.

That wouldn't just ruin his logistics, that would make Hitler fire him. The manual says that Soviet units capturing cities in Poland is a fail state for the German player--why are we being invaded in the middle of our invasion?!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Davin Valkri posted:

That wouldn't just ruin his logistics, that would make Hitler fire him. The manual says that Soviet units capturing cities in Poland is a fail state for the German player--why are we being invaded in the middle of our invasion?!

Couldn't that potentially lead to a turn-1 (or turn-verylownumber) Soviet victory if their player immediately counterattacks and gets lucky in a suicide charge from the pre-war border?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
The German player can't rail units backwards in this game so cf basically had to take a while army of the line to put this thing down.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

How the hell are those armored units still getting fuel and supplies anyways? You drove them through an enormous marshland and have now pushed them dozens to hundreds of km forwards. There should be no possible way for a supply train to be following them, and no way they could carry enough fuel and ammunition personally. Is this just the game giving Soviet units supply so long as they're not cut off, unlike German units?

I mean, leaving the gap in his lines in the first place was a terrible decision, but just how much it has been exploited, given the terrain, seems wildly beyond what should have been possible.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Lord Koth posted:

How the hell are those armored units still getting fuel and supplies anyways? You drove them through an enormous marshland and have now pushed them dozens to hundreds of km forwards. There should be no possible way for a supply train to be following them, and no way they could carry enough fuel and ammunition personally. Is this just the game giving Soviet units supply so long as they're not cut off, unlike German units?

I mean, leaving the gap in his lines in the first place was a terrible decision, but just how much it has been exploited, given the terrain, seems wildly beyond what should have been possible.

They're using specially modified engines that run off vodka and hatred, two things never in short supply.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 14, 2016

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lord Koth posted:

It looks like there's a tiny little railroad running south of the marsh. Or rather partially through the marsh. It's just north of that red dotted line.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
I'm now imagining Yakety Sax playing as those tank divisions race for Berlin, the entire Heer following behind them.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Lord Koth posted:

They're not. They don't need ammo since they're not in combat and for fuel they're down to moving 1 hex/turn and that's probably going to get worse. Their movement is actually going to improve when CF cuts them off because then Saros can start playing breakout cards on the HQ following them which is a card designed to give an HQ that's defending an encircled city enough fuel to break through the German line but it works equally well for invading Poland.

For german players, just send 1 sacrificial division through the marshes. Their readiness and morale will tank from dropping out of supply but it stops nonsense like this cold.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

I can't play breakout cards on them, those require the HQ to be in a city. The Tank div's are supplied via the rail line running through the Pripyat marshes. One has its HQ along for the ride as its the only survivor of its entire army.

I'm not going to make a break for Berlin or anything and the major cities have occupation divisions so the rather run down Tank units aren't able to take them. They were mostly a part of my breakout around the south of AGC and now that's faltering I'm going to pull them back.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Looks like we got lucky, we now know his no.1 priority is Moscow.

No disasters this turn here.

German moves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO9pkR7N-qc

Some thing a little bit different from now, a recording of the German moves as shown by the game.

I reorganise command again to improve the Red Army's C&C as switch two Armies in the South to defesive posture.

Still not much to see here, looks like his PzG is coming south.

I inconvenience his logistics some more and pull back to the swaps and forests in the south.

Man conscripts are just bad at everything.

You gotta really pile them on.

I have a pretty solid hold around Kiev now, the question is will he be able to breach the Dnepr elsewhere.

A closer look:

Saros fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 17, 2016

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Out of idle curiosity, if Chump Farts sided with Hitler, and thus his ultimate objective can change up to four times, does that also mean those foreign press reports can become inaccurate unless you get another?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Yep there will be 1-2 more conferences where the Fuhrer can decide he wants another objective so it's not especially valuble info at this point.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Final summary

Essentially CF has become unable to prosecute the war due to IRL commitments and the stalemate of the German army before it took any of its objectives.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
A pity, but not too surprising. Thanks for writing this up!

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
I like how it differentiates between being placed in front of a firing squad and being handed a loaded pistol.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
A shameful backbone count.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

pthighs posted:

I like how it differentiates between being placed in front of a firing squad and being handed a loaded pistol.

Having read up on the game to play the Soviets, it's because they're two separate cards. The firing squad is for shooting Front level Marshals who suck, while the loaded pistol is for Army level generals who suck.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Davin Valkri posted:

Having read up on the game to play the Soviets, it's because they're two separate cards. The firing squad is for shooting Front level Marshals who suck, while the loaded pistol is for Army level generals who suck.

Grog Games: Congratulations, you've been upgraded to a firing squad!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Thanks to both Saros and ChumpFarts for a good game - I enjoyed the LP very much!

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

uPen posted:

A shameful backbone count.

Zhukov was a busy man, those bridges wont blow themselves!

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Thanks to both Saros and ChumpFarts for a good game - I enjoyed the LP very much!

Yeah, thanks guys this was a lot of fun and a good read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katznmaus
May 29, 2013
This was great, thanks for the LP!
It's fascinating how little errors followed by ruthless exploits of these can turn the situation around this quick.

• Locked thread