Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

guess how long its been patented and who holds the patent

I checked with the patent office and they told me that it belongs to one Richard Kyanka...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
On the Downside, yes.

On the upside, your play date calendar is about to fill the gently caress up.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Best Giraffe posted:

I checked with the patent office and they told me that it belongs to one Richard Kyanka...
the answer is 1947 and the Rockefeller foundation

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

quote:

Concerns over the Zika virus have focused on pregnant women due to mounting evidence that it causes brain abnormalities in developing fetuses. However, new research in mice from scientists at The Rockefeller University and La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology suggests that certain adult brain cells may be vulnerable to infection as well. Among these are populations of cells that serve to replace lost or damaged neurons throughout adulthood, and are also thought to be critical to learning and memory.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
prepare to be culturally enriched

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I Zikant believe how retarded this thread is

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Yes Zi Can!

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I think you can't use that word anymore OP. You did a bad one !

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

There is literally zero evidence. Its "possible" "maybe" "perhaps" "could be".

There is zero evidence using the scientific method.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if the effects on adults are the invention of a spooky old white man conspiracy, the microcephalic babies are not.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Zika just got closer to me! THIS IS THE END WERE ALL GOING TO loving DIE!!!!
Has anyone made wearable head to toe burqa style mosquito netting? They could get richer than the guy who invented pillow pets.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Harald posted:

yeah that's why im becoming a certified retard masturbator

LOL if you go through all the paperwork to get certified. I'm an OUTLAW retard masturbator, get paid in cash, don't have to pay no taxes, don't have to worry about keeping current qualifications, and if any of my "clients" ask to see my paperwork I just show them a takeout menu from the local Chinese place but with BEEF AND BROCCOLI scratched out and RETARD MASTURBATOR JOURNEYMAN CERTIFICATION scribbled in.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I got probation by some dumbass s-j-w mod for saying this in another thread, but the end result here is northern Europeans ruling the earth. Once zika becomes as widespread as the common cold only the Finns, swedes, and some parts of Russia will have a functional society. Basically places that are too cold for skeeters.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

norton says i have zika

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

We should probably wipe out all mosquitoes that bite humans. Last research I saw, as far as anyone could determine, wiping out all human predating mosquitoes would have no impact whatsoever on the environment. Even conservation groups, and scientists, who are all for preservation of species, have gone on record admitting they'd be pretty OK with wiping out several kinds of mosquitoes, as long as DNA specimens were preserved. They kill more people than any other animal in the world, including humans themselves, even accounting for wars.

It's pretty rare to find an animal everyone is fine with wiping out, so we should probably go for it.

I feel like I've been wondering exactly what in the gently caress mosquitos do for the environment ever since I went canoing for a week in Canada.

Good. Wipe 'em all out.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
we all are already extremely stupid so who cares OP

fuckingtest
Mar 31, 2001

Just evolving, you know?
Right Here, Right Now.
Hi, I'm in Miami, Fl. Ground zero for zika.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Getting Zika might not be so bad - ignorance is bliss. I'm looking forward to masturbating in the street daily and making GBS threads in my neighbor's garden because I don't know any better.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
actually experiencing my mind slowly slipping away from me is prolly one of my biggest fears so zika is pretty much up there with getting alzheimer's as far as I'm concerned (if it does actually make you dumber)

then again i post here so haha idk even my momma says that my mind is gone

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

this poo poo is like some proto zombie virus isn't it

where did this even come from i call shenanigans some assholes made this is a lab and it escaped how is it so specialized in attacking human brain cells and poo poo

Eats brains, starts with a Z, looks like everything checks out. We've cracked the case~!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Florida is going to fix this with gmo mosquitoes don't worry

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Moridin920 posted:

actually experiencing my mind slowly slipping away from me is prolly one of my biggest fears so zika is pretty much up there with getting alzheimer's as far as I'm concerned (if it does actually make you dumber)

then again i post here so haha idk even my momma says that my mind is gone

Alzheimer's is a death sentence, I ain't never crossed a man that didn't deserve it. What an awful disease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Welcome to gibbis, ilu

• Locked thread