Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Scalding Coffee posted:

Can you have flaming poo poo?

Do giant bear creatures poo poo in the wood stockpile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Is there any way to digitally buy this game or 2 nowadays?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

AugmentedVision posted:

Is there any way to digitally buy this game or 2 nowadays?

My research says no, though you could add a click the GOG.com wishlist item for it?

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Did LizWiz lose interest in the game as so many do once the extended tutorial ends?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Marenghi posted:

Did LizWiz lose interest in the game as so many do once the extended tutorial ends?

Considering he's already recorded more segments from the segments we have watched, he's probably just being lazy about commentary or editing because LPs take a ton of work.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ikanreed posted:

Considering he's already recorded more segments from the segments we have watched, he's probably just being lazy about commentary or editing because LPs take a ton of work.

I definitely didn't have to play Land 2 at least twice and I certainly haven't resubbed to World of Warcraft.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

DID I USE A CHEAT PROGRAM THAT RENDERED MY SAVE SO UNPLAYABLE THE GAME HAD TO BE REINSTALLED HAHA WHO KNOWS

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lizard Wizard posted:

I definitely didn't have to play Land 2 at least twice and I certainly haven't resubbed to World of Warcraft.

Lizard Wizard posted:

DID I USE A CHEAT PROGRAM THAT RENDERED MY SAVE SO UNPLAYABLE THE GAME HAD TO BE REINSTALLED HAHA WHO KNOWS

Please, do tell. :allears:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

White Coke posted:

Please, do tell. :allears:

I just figured cheating would be the evil thing to do.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
I'll let someone else have the obvious thread title joke.

Anyways, I'm half tempted to talk about Artifact/Wonder interaction even though they haven't been properly introduced yet... well, thinking on it, just saying they interact in the first place is a big hint in and of itself. I can go into more detail if you'd like, however, if you'd rather never have to deal with wood or food ever again.

Of course, if you were just messing around with cheats to mess around with cheats and not get around potential resource issues, then I'll keep quiet until a more appropriate time.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
They named the first dark-skinned character you meet Sable, which means black. It's a woman, which in the dualistic yin yang thingy is represented by black. She has white hair and a black dot and a white dot on her goddamned face. Are we going to meet a very pale man with black hair and poo poo all over his face named Alabaster later?

Subtlety, thy name is Molyneux.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

disregard

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Pvt.Scott posted:

They named the first dark-skinned character you meet Sable, which means black. It's a woman, which in the dualistic yin yang thingy is represented by black. She has white hair and a black dot and a white dot on her goddamned face. Are we going to meet a very pale man with black hair and poo poo all over his face named Alabaster later?

Subtlety, thy name is Molyneux.

Alabaster sounds like it'd be the name of the good conscience.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Lambaster is the bad conscience.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

Alabaster sounds like it'd be the name of the good conscience.

Problematic.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
So, is this dead? Shame if it is, I lost a lot of time to this game in my early teens and had a lot to say about it. I even reinstalled it, found a site that wasn't dead that had the mods I remembered (namely one that gets rid of creature scars), to see if it held up.

... it kinda does, a bit? Mucking around with your creature is fun, looking after villages can get a bit tedious though.

Also, I'm pretty sure Land 2 is the only good land. The others make some... poor game design decisions.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Coucho Marx posted:

So, is this dead? Shame if it is, I lost a lot of time to this game in my early teens and had a lot to say about it. I even reinstalled it, found a site that wasn't dead that had the mods I remembered (namely one that gets rid of creature scars), to see if it held up.

... it kinda does, a bit? Mucking around with your creature is fun, looking after villages can get a bit tedious though.

Also, I'm pretty sure Land 2 is the only good land. The others make some... poor game design decisions.

Apparently the OP's save got corrupted. It might take a bit for him to catch up to where he was so he can start working on new stuff (assuming the setback didn't make him lose motivation and quit). That said, he hasn't said it's dead, so I'm holding out until he does.

You'd be surprised how long an LP can stay dormant without technically dying, incidentally. I mean, I had an FF5 challenge run that I stopped playing for like half a year before coming back to finish it, and I'm sure that's not even the biggest example on this forum.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

CptWedgie posted:

Apparently the OP's save got corrupted. It might take a bit for him to catch up to where he was so he can start working on new stuff (assuming the setback didn't make him lose motivation and quit). That said, he hasn't said it's dead, so I'm holding out until he does.

You'd be surprised how long an LP can stay dormant without technically dying, incidentally. I mean, I had an FF5 challenge run that I stopped playing for like half a year before coming back to finish it, and I'm sure that's not even the biggest example on this forum.

There was some weird screenshot LP which started around the time this subforum did. Eventually it basically settled for an update each year.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

cant cook creole bream posted:

There was some weird screenshot LP which started around the time this subforum did. Eventually it basically settled for an update each year.

Sakura Taisen by Spirit Armor? The Planescape: Torment one?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Sakura Teisen I guess. Some robot anime:

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Sakura Taisen then.

Planescape: Torment was slow at times, but Shadowcatboy did manage to finish it after six or so years.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Don't you worry. I'm gonna get some recording done within the week, and we'll be back to that good, good Molyneux before you know it.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Lies.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Lizard Wizard posted:

good Molyneux

i don't understand

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Evil god, so it's all good :colbert:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Chocolate Chunk posted:

Evil god, so it's all good :colbert:

There's gotta be a better way to say that.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Evil always finds a way.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Lizard Wizard posted:

There's gotta be a better way to say that.

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Yeah, y'know what, I don't have it in me to finish this tedious monster of a game.

Sorry, it was fun while it lasted.

• Locked thread