Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

drat it we need closure to this joke

*smashes the 5 key on keyboard*

*does not know how dead gay forums work*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

JiveHonky posted:

(rated this thread 5, one for each sweater i own).

Thanks six sweater charlie please come back

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

godfuckingdammit yu loving fu- *repeatedly smashes 5*

Thanks doc

935 posted:

drat it we need closure to this joke

*smashes the 5 key on keyboard*

*does not know how dead gay forums work*

Turn your monitor on

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
because puppies are pretty dumb and it sometimes takes them a while to figure out how to handle stairs

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
the joke is that the puppies paws are awkward causing it to stumble but also that by waiting to give the punch line you create an awkward pause which is a homophone of pause

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

Symptoms of a Dog Who Fell Down the Stairs posted:

Maybe your pup is hesitant to come down the steps, or perhaps you heard a suspicious noise when you were in the other room. The thought of your dog taking a nasty tumble down the stairs is frightening. There's a host of potential complications from a bad fall, including sprained muscles, broken bones and internal injuries.

Tough Moves

If your dog is hobbling around, walking with a limp or not moving quite right, she may have taken a bumpy ride down the steps. A limp suggests pain, weakness or something wrong in the affected leg. There are many potential causes of a limp, including growth spurts and arthritis, but trauma, such as a fall, can lead to a variety of potential injuries. A torn ligament, muscle or tendon, dislocated joint or nerve damage are all possible from a stumble on the stairs, presenting as a limp or trouble moving around. She may whine or cry when she moves, as well.

Internal Trauma

A nasty spill, whether on the steps or coming off a jump, can lead to internal injuries, which can be tough to spot. If you take a fall, you might notice a bruise on your skin, as the tiny blood vessels beneath the surface burst from impact. However, it's difficult to see bruising on your dog since she's likely covered in fur. You can look for signs of internal damage by paying close attention to her behavior. If she's breathing shallowly, she may have lung damage. Coughing up blood can indicate injured lungs, abdomen or gastrointestinal organs.

Signs of Shock

Shock often accompanies traumatic injuries and your dog may show symptoms to include a rapid heart rate, bright red lips, gums and tongue, and panting -- all common in the early stages. In late-stage shock, breathing is much slower and her body temperature drops; her lips, gums and tongue are pale and her pulse is very weak.

In Her Head

If your dog bumps her head on a fall on the steps, she may suffer a head injury. A laceration or bleeding is the obvious sign of a head injury, but skull fractures and brain injuries aren't so easy to see. If she's suffered a contusion, or bruising, she won't lose consciousness but she will appear disoriented and wobbly. If she loses consciousness, she has a concussion, which may be mild, showing as a brief loss of consciousness, or severe, lasting hours or days. She may experience seizures, either immediately after the fall or as long as weeks after the injury as scars form where brain tissue died. In severe brain injuries, the brain swells and bleeds, affecting consciousness, or blood clots may form, showing lowered consciousness, one dilated pupil and potential weakness or paralysis in the limbs.

To the Vet

It's possible your dog lost her footing in her exuberance to run down the stairs to get a start on her day. However, if she's an old hand at taking the steps, keep a close eye on her to see if she's falling more than usual. There are a variety of reasons a dog may begin to fall, including inner ear infections, vestibular syndrome, tumors and strokes. You should have the vet examine her if she's falling more than usual. If your dog is showing any symptoms of suffering a fall, it's important she gets checked out by a vet to ensure she hasn't experienced a serious injury you can't see.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

jsoh posted:

the joke is that the puppies paws are awkward causing it to stumble but also that by waiting to give the punch line you create an awkward pause which is a homophone of pause

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

jsoh posted:

it should say "which is a homophone of paws" but I made a mistake

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

donkey salami posted:

do you wear six sweaters all at one time? all on your torso or some as a hat or do you make sweater shoes?

i need to know more

Six Sweater Charlie is a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a bunch of sweaters

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

jsoh posted:

it should say "which is a homophone of paws" but I made a mistake

I guess you're typing with awkward paws :q:

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
The puppy is Protected

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

R-Type posted:

Because I ad-blocked the medically unsafe and annoying background, that's why

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You need to connect with tyler man:

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
probably to escape the korean neighbors who live upstairs bwahaha

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

jsoh posted:

Thanks bud!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Lascivious Sloth posted:

I guess you're typing with awkward paws :q:

Hehe.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i read the joke explanation a bunch of times but i dont really "get" this joke im afraid. i voted the thread 1 of 5 because that makes me feel dumb and like i am missing out on a bunch of fun all you joke-getters are having

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

thathonkey posted:

i read the joke explanation a bunch of times but i dont really "get" this joke im afraid. i voted the thread 1 of 5 because that makes me feel dumb and like i am missing out on a bunch of fun all you joke-getters are having

Turn your monitor on :pseudo:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Hey gold mine this Tia

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
*nods and strokes beard*

Postmodern 5

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Helical Nightmares posted:

*nods and strokes beard*

Postmodern 5

Quite right *sips coffee*

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i still dont get it

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

thathonkey posted:

i still dont get it

I'll draw you a graph baby just vote 5

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Jfc Go to your room

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Awkw-

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Ben Smash posted:

Jfc Go to your room

Lol get lost lesser smash

AWKWARD PAWS!!!!!!

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

"Because he was a little [Dog breed that's also a pun]"

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

"Because he was a little [Dog breed that's also a pun]"

Did you vote this thread 5?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

he was not protected

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

godfuckingdammit yu loving fu- *repeatedly smashes 5*

your pup is sick

edit: my music is perfectly matching up to this gif.. its amazing, wish u all were here

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Did you vote this thread 5?

I checked and no dog fits the formula. In fact no combination of setup and dog breed fits the formula. It's frustrating because the mathematics of the joke check out.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

With the decrease in access to family planning I can speculate that it is possible the puppy realized it was unable to provide for a baby and thus resorted to old methods of abortion such as those seen before Row v. Wade, including falling down stairs on purpose to induce a miscarriage.

Take care pupper, the patriarchy will not always have control of reproduction

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Please when you post in this thread, let me know what you voted it (preferably a 5)

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8MwM_gD2sQ

Edit: I did not vote sorry.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Please vote and i will respond to your video. ( Vote five preferably )

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

9/11, op, because of 9/11

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

guidoanselmi posted:

9/11, op, because of 9/11

Did you vote ? (5)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP