Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the bears 5th round picks are better than their first, but then again the best of all of them, Johnny knox,was brutally murdered by the Seahawks in a meaningless game

here it is, a man dying in slow motion :

https://youtu.be/15-yQO01Uwc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Get your head out of your rear end Johnny

no

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

gently caress I forgot all about that hit :stonk:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

gently caress I forgot all about that hit :stonk:

I still remember sitting in my car at work, listening to the play on the radio. The broadcaster sounded as traumatized as Herbert Morrison yelling, "oh the humanity!"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the thing about that hit is how inexplicable it still is to watch.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mastershakeman posted:

the bears 5th round picks are better than their first, but then again the best of all of them, Johnny knox,was brutally murdered by the Seahawks in a meaningless game

here it is, a man dying in slow motion :

https://youtu.be/15-yQO01Uwc

I'm johnny Knox welcome to American football!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

swickles posted:

I pretty much agree, but Brown should be higher only because the debut of the wildcat against the Pats was the greatest thing ever and quickly debunked the mythos of Belichik.

Going 1-1 against Matt Cassell does sound like a Dolphin fan's idea of a legendary season! :v:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol at the shots of spoiled pats fans leaving in the 3rd quarter of that game

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Watching that Johnny Knox hit live, there was a moment after that first slow mo replay where I genuinely wondered to myself "did I just see a man die?"

It may not be as visually gruesome as some leg breaks, but I have never seen another injury that gave me dread in the pit of my stomach the way the Knox hit did.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seattle's 1st round picks are pretty bad, but if you go up to the 2nd round, it gets a hell of a lot better. Even Ruskell guessed correctly.

2012: MLB Bobby Wagner - one of the best MLBs in the game.
2009: C Max Unger - One of the best centers in the game right now, as long as he stays healthy. Was part of the price to pay to acquire Jimmy Graham.
2010: WR Golden Tate - Was Seattle's leading receiver in our Super Bowl winning season (though was noticeably absent in the Super Bowl win itself). May or may not have had sex with Russell Wilson's ex-wife.
2005: MLB Lofa Tatupu - Became defensive team captain and was an excellent LB while he was here. Is now a coach on the team.
2008: TE John Carlson - A decent TE while he was here. Could block and catch, though did more blocking because of how bad our O-line was.
2014: C/G Justin Britt - Has been an underwhelming OG, but he's since converted to center and has shown to be very good at it.
2013: RB Christine Michael - Interesting story with CMike. He was always blocked by Marshawn, but despite his physical gifts, could never put it together. Got traded to the Cowboys for a 7th, was released and came back. He's since got his act together and was the team's #1 rusher through most of the 2nd half of last season, and is now probably going to start week 1 as our RB to ease Thomas Rawls back in from injury.
2006: DT Darryl Tapp - Had a few good seasons with us. Is somehow still playing.
2007: DB Josh Wilson - Was a decent DB while he was here, and was traded for a conditional pick which I think was turned into Richard Sherman.
2014: WR Paul Richardson - Has shown to be a very fast WR with potential, but injuries have prevented him from being good. This is a make or break year for him.
2015: DE Frank Clark - Hasn't played much. Probably beat his girlfriend when he was in college. Will be Bruce Irvin's replacement as a the LEO guy. He'll probably go up a lot of spots if he has a decent year.
2004: ILB Michael Boulware - Only played 1 full season with us, and wasn't that great. Washed out at Houston and had a short career.

In addition, in 2009, Seattle traded one of it's 2nd round picks to Denver for their 2010 1st round pick which we used to draft Earl Thomas. A+ would do again.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Lt. Chips posted:

Watching that Johnny Knox hit live, there was a moment after that first slow mo replay where I genuinely wondered to myself "did I just see a man die?"

It may not be as visually gruesome as some leg breaks, but I have never seen another injury that gave me dread in the pit of my stomach the way the Knox hit did.

a man was bent in half backwards at the waist i dont think you need to qualify it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

seiferguy posted:

2015: DE Frank Clark - Hasn't played much. Probably beat his girlfriend when he was in college.

There's nothing probable about it.

• Locked thread