Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
That kick was better then I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
How long has NDSU had a team? It seems weird that this is their first home overtime ever although I guess they usually just stomp teams at home?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'd love to play a game of EA 2014 commentator vs. Mack Brown.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
well that was loving easy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Go for 2

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Welp

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

siriuslysomething posted:

How long has NDSU had a team? It seems weird that this is their first home overtime ever although I guess they usually just stomp teams at home?

Yeah I think they just win at home and that's why they haven't had one.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

well this sure is a way to start the overtime off

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
You aren't supposed to do that Charleston.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

siriuslysomething posted:

Since the 1890s. They may have meant in this building, which was built in 92 but idk

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Unless you're a pussy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Overtime didn't start until 1996, so it's improbable but not impossible that they wouldn't have a an overtime in 120-ish home games.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Charleston Southern QB just got planted

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That was very anticlimactic

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .
:lol:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I missed this stupid awful corrupt sport so much

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Chieves posted:

I missed this stupid awful corrupt sport so much

Seconded.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Chieves posted:

I missed this sport so much

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

General Dog posted:

Overtime didn't start until 1996, so it's improbable but not impossible that they wouldn't have a an overtime in 120-ish home games.

VT didn't have its first OT game at home until very recently as well. It's probably not as uncommon as it seems.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The OT thing is strange to me too, mostly because it seems like at least once a season UGA just can't put it away and has to go to OT to beat a team they should have put away in regulation. Recency bias, I suppose.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

MourningView posted:

Mack Brown says the most insipid bullshit imaginable but I find his voice and accent extremely comforting. I know he believes in me and would compliment my play calling, no matter how poor

It's some of the best play calling in the country.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

It's some of the best play calling in the country.

Minus the last 2 or 3 seasons at Texas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

The OT thing is strange to me too, mostly because it seems like at least once a season UGA just can't put it away and has to go to OT to beat a team they should have put away in regulation. Recency bias, I suppose.

OT is weird in most sports except baseball.

Baseball might be the only sport where you just continue playing baseball. Everyone else is like "no, gently caress it, HR derby for the win."

• Locked thread