Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
the temporal dimension is an illusion, you're all learning a lesson in retrospect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's good to go outside sometimes

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice
You nerds are way over-complicating the practice of peaceful attentiveness

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
yeah whether or not you want to attach buddhism to it, taking time each day to just chill out and observe your mind and body is healthy. part of the reason the world sucks so much, aside from basic poo poo like scarcity, is that people are so swept up in their thoughts that they treat them like real, actionable objects. they don't bother to observe where those thoughts come from, so they act on impulse. take the common shitpost, for example. many goons have a post arise in their dumb monkeybrains and, without bothering to assess its cause or merit, they utter it into the world. see: this post

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Sitting Here posted:

yeah whether or not you want to attach buddhism to it, taking time each day to just chill out and observe your mind and body is healthy. part of the reason the world sucks so much, aside from basic poo poo like scarcity, is that people are so swept up in their thoughts that they treat them like real, actionable objects. they don't bother to observe where those thoughts come from, so they act on impulse. take the common shitpost, for example. many goons have a post arise in their dumb monkeybrains and, without bothering to assess its cause or merit, they utter it into the world. see: this post

Maybe we should start each thread with a group meditation? Can someone please write up a shitpost verse we can all say together after the meditation.

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice

William Stoner posted:

Maybe we should start each thread with a group meditation? Can someone please write up a shitpost verse we can all say together after the meditation.

let's just hang out and be chill man

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

Sitting Here posted:

this was major holier-than-thou.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Garcin posted:

this was major holier-than-thou.

~When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken.~

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Buddha. posted:

let's just hang out and be chill man

This sounds like a real good motto.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

BigBadSteve posted:

Ask someone with a clue instead of on asking this forum. Asking a bunch of drug-and-chronic-masturbation-hosed monkeys how to quiet your monkey mind cannot end well.

If you do choose to follow the advice of multiple goons in your spiritual quest, please do post the results here. I foresee a saga in the making, a large and long-lasting trainwreck giving joy to haters of peace, the details of which will be reposted and reposted long after you shuffle off to Nirvana or Hell or wherever.

Warm blessings.

i feel a great disturbance in your posting

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Achieve cultivation by not cultivating

And read lao tzu's tao te ching

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

William Stoner posted:

Which is zen as gently caress

Yeah he was pretty smart. I am a little bitter because he was my introduction into spirituality and then I realized he was full of poo poo.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

smdh, all wrong...

Forward Toward
Aug 14, 2015

No Tank You. not today tanks. Tank you very much.

TANK TANK TANK

VRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hardawn posted:

Achieve posting by not posting

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a dog from hell posted:

Yeah he was pretty smart. I am a little bitter because he was my introduction into spirituality and then I realized he was full of poo poo.

Ha! That old windbag
Never preaching always he
Just laughed, laughed

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Ha! That old windbag
Never preaching always he
Just laughed, laughed

And died of alcoholism.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
He died in his sleep
Not a bad way to go out
Ryokan died the same

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The Buddha teaches us that one suffers because one desires. If one goes through life without expectations, one cannot know disappointment. How can I attain such a level? How can I pacify my mind?

dmt

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
DMT loving owns for about 5 minutes and then you're right back where you were.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Don't be a bitch drink the ayahuasca

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

College Slice
desire is expectation.

just work with what you've got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

a dog from hell posted:

DMT loving owns for about 5 minutes and then you're right back where you were.

take the third hit

• Locked thread