Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tonaros
Sep 8, 2013
Hey all,

I have a weird problem: I built a new computer recently (mostly, kept the windows install + HDDs + PSU + case + kb/m + monitors). I have a EVGA GTX 1070 and an ASUS Z170-A mobo.

Anyway, the problem started today after moving my computer from one room in the house to another. I plugged everything in just like I had it in the other room, but now only one monitor will be detected (and function) at a time. I have tried multiple monitors and multiple cables/combinations of pure HDMI, DVI, and HDMI-to-DVI cables.

All components of the computer seem to be functioning properly, ie. still getting high FPS on games, internet and USB work, etc.

I'm afraid it's worth mentioning that when I plugged everything in at first, it was to a power strip that I only noticed afterwards had the "grounded" LED off. Now running it to a grounded plug, but since ALMOST everything seems to be functioning normally, I'd be pretty surprised if this was a fried mobo/gfx card.

Any ideas?

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes, I have Googled extensively, but I wrote this post before reading the FAQ. It contains all of the requested information despite not following the template, and I would rather not rewrite it all to fit in the template.

EDIT: Tested with my old video card. Works fine. Problem is somewhere in configuration or hardware of the 1070. If nobody has any ideas, I'll be RMAing the card.

tonaros fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

tonaros posted:

EDIT: Tested with my old video card. Works fine. Problem is somewhere in configuration or hardware of the 1070. If nobody has any ideas, I'll be RMAing the card.

I'd make sure your motherboard was on the latest BIOS. But you probably sent the card out already.

• Locked thread