Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
real butt pirates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
do what you want cuz a pirate is free

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Hogge Wild posted:

sodomy was really common: https://www.amazon.com/Sodomy-Pirate-Tradition-Seventeenth-Century-Caribbean/dp/0814712363

In Sodomy and the Pirate Tradition, historian B. R. Burg investigates the social and sexual world of these sea rovers, a tightly bound brotherhood of men engaged in almost constant warfare. What, he asks, did these men, often on the high seas for years at a time, do for sexual fulfillment? Buccaneer sexuality differed widely from that of other all- male institutions such as prisons, for it existed not within a regimented structure of rule, regulations, and oppressive supervision, but instead operated in a society in which widespread toleration of homosexuality was the norm and conditions encouraged its practice.

gbs of the sea

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Being a pirate is gay

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Triggered posted:

"Oh Kendall, where did you go, you missed the ending of the movie, it was really go-"
Carlos turned around to look at Kendall as he finished the sentence, but before he could, his jaw dropped. Kendall stood before him, dressed in a light red, baggy, long sleeve, old century dress shirt. A pair of black pants with a dark red sash tied around his waist, tucked in to a pair of dark brown boots with gold buckles on them.
Covering the top of his hair was a dark red bandana and to top the entire look off, there was a sword strapped to his side.

"Y-you're a-a…" The blonde smirked. "A pirate?" He asked, ever so smugly. His smirk grew when he noticed Carlos couldn't stop staring at the top four buttons of his shirt that were undone. He walked closer to the Latino, who for the life of him; couldn't take his eyes off of Kendall.
"This is what you wanted-" He traced his fingers along Carlos' jaw. "-right?" Carlos gulped, nodding slowly. He smirked again, unsheathing his sword and carefully pointing it towards Carlos. "Then as Kendall Knight, captain of 2J, I demand ye make haste to me bedroom. Now."

Carlos didn't have to be told twice as he snapped his jaw shut, hopped over the sofa, and dashed to Kendall's bedroom. Kendall followed, smirking again, the sword still in hand.

Kendall, having successfully trapped his quarry in his bedroom, held him at sword point and robbed him of all valuables before forcing him to walk the plank.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

plain blue jacket posted:

Kendall, having successfully trapped his quarry in his bedroom, held him at sword point and robbed him of all valuables before forcing him to walk the plank.

good grief

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
I don't get expats. When I go abroad, the last thing I want to see are the same assholes that live with me at home.
Not to mention, if you buy cheap land in some country and move there, they don't call you an immigrant, they call you sir.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

yogizh posted:

I don't get expats. When I go abroad, the last thing I want to see are the same assholes that live with me at home.

nah cuz you're all like the *cool* people who really see how hosed up the USA is man and you're all totally woke and with it and you can all validate each other's dumbassness

not like those fools back in the states; these guys get you man

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org

He walked the plank and landed on a sword.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Triggered posted:

He walked the plank and landed on a sword.

And his jewels fondled

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
all other cultures and heritages are garbage, that's why we insist people coming here shed all of their national and cultural heritage

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

nah cuz you're all like the *cool* people who really see how hosed up the USA is man and you're all totally woke and with it and you can all validate each other's dumbassness

not like those fools back in the states; these guys get you man

That could work if I was abroad or from States.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Where do pirates stand on gay marriage? Or is it more of a "cabin boy/captain" sort of a situation?

Everyone took a turn in the barrel, from what I've heard. Sounds pretty egalitarian.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
same reason we call freedom fighters terrorists

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

skander posted:

Everyone took a turn in the barrel, from what I've heard. Sounds pretty egalitarian.

what about freebooters or privateers

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

if you set a dog on fire you are no longer considered a citizen of any nation :eng101:

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

if you set a dog on fire you are no longer considered a citizen of any nation :eng101:

This is a good law

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

How are you supposed to cook in *insert country that eats dog here, so I don't have to sound racist for stating a fact*?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Chichevache posted:

How are you supposed to cook in *insert country that eats dog here, so I don't have to sound racist for stating a fact*?

Pretty sure this is why sous vide exists.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
serious question; why are non white americans of x generations having being born in the country called african american, vietnamese american, korean american etc. etc.

is... anerica.., racist?!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Lascivious Sloth posted:

serious question; why are non white americans of x generations having being born in the country called african american, vietnamese american, korean american etc. etc.

is... anerica.., racist?!

There are regular Americans (people that post in gbs) and there are Indians, who are Americans that used to be here. Then there are non-American Americans who come here and get to be a compound or hyphen american.

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this
OP must be wrong, I've heard they called themselves Mexicans.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
It's more fun to be an expat.

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this
To the ear of inhabitants of many countries where English is not the first language, expat sounds very similar to expert.

Nice marketing effect for those with preferences towards allocating the majority of ones productive time to gin-tonics and fellow club member's wife (or daughter)

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

8 track betamax posted:

Expat > immigrant > refugee > moving back into mom's garage apartment

:golfclap:

sofokles posted:

To the ear of inhabitants of many countries where English is not the first language, expat sounds very similar to expert.

Nice marketing effect for those with preferences towards allocating the majority of ones productive time to gin-tonics and fellow club member's wife (or daughter)

Nah they gently caress the local 5/10s. It's easier.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i want to be an expat (in a good country)

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015

Kurtofan posted:

i want to be an expat (in a good country)

If you wanna be an expat, you have to go to a worse country, otherwise you are an immigrant. It works only one way.

yogizh fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 1, 2016

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
because "permanent sex tourist" doesn't have the same ring to it.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Local laws do not really allow for immigration and I'm too far from the sea to keep a ship.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

grew up as an expat all over the place and it was cool but weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i call myself a sexpat

;0)

Germstore posted:

because "permanent sex tourist" doesn't have the same ring to it.

hmm not bad tho

• Locked thread