Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
FC Dallas is apparently facing "Suchitepequez" tonight. which I'm pretty certain is not a real word or team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Lloyd Sam doin thangz, DC are gonna make the playoffs

e: and he's immediately subbed off!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Well that's one way to earn a second yellow card.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Anyone see that kicking rad lady at the DC game with a beer, a big laugh, and a huge middle finger for the Crew?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Is DC good now?!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
And Orlando are trash?!

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC looked like utter trash at the start. Just not clicking at all. And then Columbus conceded that first goal and panicked. This was their season on the line, and the stretched out trying to pull one back, leaving Clark exposed.

Neagle plays with confidence and finishes those late chances. So that's the Crew done. And for the first time in what feels like a decade, DC are playing their best football at the end of the season.

They'll win their play in game before succumbing. And that's far, far more than anyone could have expected out of this squad.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I like seeing Neagle score goals.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Yea I think making the playoffs in the 5-6 spots and exiting before the second round concludes is about right.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Chad Marshall is both cool and good.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

SeaTard posted:

I like seeing Neagle score goals.

Same

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Valdez missed a goal, everyone take a shot.

Closer than I would've liked, but above the red line bitches :woop: :woop:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Sep 29, 2016

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

whypick1 posted:

Valdez missed a goal, everyone take a shot.

Closer than I would've liked, but above the red line bitches :woop: :woop:

In the last two seasons the Sounders have pulled themselves out of the grave.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Why does MLS allow Venegas to score goals and extend the illusion that he's a good player? I want him as far away from the national team as possible and you are not helping.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

Seltzer posted:

FC Dallas is apparently facing "Suchitepequez" tonight. which I'm pretty certain is not a real word or team.

Update from this game: Dallas took 27 shots and the game ended in a 0-0 draw.

The good news is that Jesse Gonzalez finally managed to keep a clean sheet. He's been absolutely terrible this year after looking great last year (and leading the team to the Western Conference final game). He gave up 10 goals in 11 games last year, and has already given up 11 goals in only 6 games this year. Even last night he looked like he had a bad case of the yips. At one point late in the first half some Suchitepequez player took a shot from like 35 yards but scuffed it. The ball skittered along the ground to Gonzalez, who still managed to bobble it. It's really hard to reconcile how good he was last year with how awful he's been this year, but he is only 20, so there's still time for him to get sorted out.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Jack2142 posted:

In the last two seasons the Sounders have pulled themselves out of the grave.

I don't want this to become a thing, but if it does, OK.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Simone Poodoin posted:

Why does MLS allow Venegas to score goals and extend the illusion that he's a good player? I want him as far away from the national team as possible and you are not helping.

Rodney Millers successor

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Jack2142 posted:

Rodney Millers successor

Do you mean Roy Miller or Rodney Wallace?

Miller is garbage but he's no longer being called up, Rodney has always been cool and good and is now killing it in Brazil.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Simone Poodoin posted:

Do you mean Roy Miller or Rodney Wallace?

Miller is garbage but he's no longer being called up, Rodney has always been cool and good and is now killing it in Brazil.

I meant Roy Miller, I agree Wallace was pretty good and I am glad he no longer plays for the Timbers.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Houston goalie should be fired into the sun, that goal was 100% his fault for giving up on going out to grab it.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I'm glad you knew soccer was on tonight.

Credit to Villa though, that shot was a fairly ridiculous angle. How he threaded Willis and three Dynamo players is beyond me.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I'm glad you knew soccer was on tonight.

Credit to Villa though, that shot was a fairly ridiculous angle. How he threaded Willis and three Dynamo players is beyond me.

He's David Villa and they are Houston Dynamo defenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792857

Have an October thread, since this one is just FULL TO BURSTING mostly with myself playing the world's worst version of issoccerontoday.com

• Locked thread