Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

prolly ignore em, theyll go away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

If zombie apocalypse was to happen, for real, then I'd probably just apply a gun directly to my forehead.

Why just, get zombied and go eat people it's probably super fun

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Radio Paranoia posted:

I'd probably go for a pint at the Winchester and wait for it to all blow over.

:golfclap:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

TracerBullet posted:

I would laugh because zombies wouldn't be able to do poo poo.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

504 posted:

Handy tip:

British troops with lovely, unreliable, inaccurate firearms would routinely massacre thousands of screaming, fast, sneaky, capable of planning African natives with only a few dozen troops taking effectively 0 losses.

A slow moving, walks directly at you, obvious enemy incapable of thinking or planning, enemy is going to be cut down by a modern military so fast they would have to be put on an endangered species list.

Living human people tend to stop attacking when you shoot them anywhere on their body, and the humans around them take notice

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Toadvine posted:

Living human people tend to stop attacking when you shoot them anywhere on their body, and the humans around them take notice

Humans aren't completely stymied by bales of concertina wire.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Strip down, bbq sauce myself up and go out rock hard

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

If the electricity was still going, I'd probably head to my classroom/shop and make some sick bludgeoning weapons and some spikes and poo poo for the front of my SUV and motorcycles. Also, might just move in there as the kitchen is well stocked.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
what kind of a nerd reacts to the end of society with "good time to go to school!!" lol

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Flesh Forge posted:

what kind of a nerd reacts to the end of society with "good time to go to school!!" lol

Hey, food for 700 people would last a family of 4 for quite awhile. Plus, building materials, welding equipment, car servicing equipment, etc. Seems reasonable to me.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Parallax Scroll posted:

prolly ignore em, theyll go away

Why, because you got no brains huh? :shrug:

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
a suppressor doesn't seem too complex, but subsonic ammo is kind of important if you're trying to be silent. I just have to get my camping stuff, whatever food I have on hand and head north, meet up with whatever survivors get together in the north.

I'd lead excursions to get materials and have people put together trapping lanes that we use to get from north to south and back, constructed in such a way that attracted zombies follow along a separate foot track that terminates into killing fields that freezes zombies.

near the killing fields i'd put together electric plants that run on burning corpses

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
I'd turn the tables and start eating THEIR brains a little at a time until I built up an immunity. Then when one bites me, I'd go "I'm immune, IDIOT!" and punch them in the face.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Bagarthach posted:

I'd turn the tables and start eating THEIR brains a little at a time until I built up an immunity. Then when one bites me, I'd go "I'm immune, IDIOT!" and punch them in the face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIOLd40wExc

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Bagarthach posted:

There is a dumb video game called Rimworld, and it has a mod for zombie invasions, and you can do just this. It is pretty baller.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i would try to barricade myself in a department store so i can have access to enough supplies to last months
this is a great plan because not every single other person is going to have the same idea

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Reenact thriller until I die.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I'd readapt my goth industrial ascetic. Maybe get a new pair of Doc Martins's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gibowNxyes

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Honest answer. Hold up in my house for like a week if poo poo doesn't start calming down bullet to the brain

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I'd just start shooting people in the head. Not zombies, just whoever I saw wandering around.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Grow weed and surround my house with a weed cloud constantly burning.

Someone has to chill the gently caress out of the zombies

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

I would fear the living.

Just kidding, I'd hunt humans for sport and turn to cannibalism way before it was necessary.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Several thousand rounds of 762x51 because all the gun rights/survivalist youtube.com guys said that's the best cartridge for killing zombies. Going out in a blaze of glory.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The only advantages humans have over other animals are their intelligence and manual dexterity. Zombies have neither of those things. They have no real defenses against wolves, bears, stray dogs, etc., let alone humans with guns and cars and stuff.

So my answer is: hole up in my house and wait for the military to mop up all the zombies.

E: Or even be a proactive citizen and run them over with my car. I doubt they'd even be smart enough to try and dodge. :smug:

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 5, 2016

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Why do all zombie films always show society immediately collapsing, it would take months for something like that to happen. I wanna see regular zombie cleanups and poo poo

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just like, punch them, OP? I mean, zombies just want to eat my brains, which are safely encased in my chew-proof skull, so I don't even understand why they are more than the lamest monsters of all time.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

ColoradoCleric posted:

Why do all zombie films always show society immediately collapsing, it would take months for something like that to happen. I wanna see regular zombie cleanups and poo poo

Because zombie stories are fables about the dehumanizing influences modern society has on individuals and/or escapist fantasies for people who wish they were allowed to go on spree killings. They're not supposed to be realistic.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Pththya-lyi posted:

E: Or even be a proactive citizen and run them over with my car. I doubt they'd even be smart enough to try and dodge. :smug:

Have you ever hit a deer? Your car would break down after two or three zombies

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I'm gonna be like that unexplained zombie head they found in the abandoned boat during the end credits of dawn of the dead. I really look up to that guy.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I'll walk around naked (and erect), with the exception of armour covering my shoulders, neck, forearms and lower legs. This will make me invulnerable to the vast majority of zombie attacks.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I'd head for the nearest castle with my buddies and enact neo feudalism on the surrounding countryside

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Steal all the poo poo from the now dead people who thought the police or army would protect them during a fresh eating zombie outbreak.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

ColoradoCleric posted:

Pretty sure they explain this in every movie about zombies

"Hmm, honey? There's a wide scale viral outbreak of mindless flesh eaters a few states over, think I should go to my job at the power/water/whatever factory anyway?"

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 7, 2016

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
My friend has a weird doomsday prepper mentality and claims that in the event of the collapse of civilization he'll be fine cuz his folks got land (out in the texas hill country, not prime cropland I'd point out, also its still densely populated enough to cause major problems in that kind of scenario.)

I tell him it's great that he has the will to go back to being a dirt farmer like his stupid, lovely rear end, short-lived ancestors. As for me, if it ever gets bad enough that power goes off and the internet goes down, im gonna hunter s thompson. Even if I was tough enough to do it, I have zero desire to mad max it. Internet and ac and refrigeration and foods from all over the world and endless entertainment and quick availability of information I'm curious about are the kind of thing that makes life worth living to me. If that poo poo goes, I follow very shortly. :colbert:

naem
May 29, 2011

Zombie land would have been a much better movie with Michael Cera

Jesse eusenberg was really good in the Facebook movie because he plays an unlikable autistic well.

The zombie movie needed a Michael Cera to do that thing where he looks a the camera and breaks the forth wall and is like "wait what? I don't"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

naem posted:

Zombie land would have been a much better movie with Michael Cera

Jesse eusenberg was really good in the Facebook movie because he plays an unlikable autistic well.

The zombie movie needed a Michael Cera to do that thing where he looks a the camera and breaks the forth wall and is like "wait what? I don't"

Best part of zombieland is the opening title sequence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AFnThY472c

Still a good movie though

• Locked thread