Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TJs12Stones
Sep 2, 2016
This is my first post. My boyfriend, Andy, is helping me get started on this. I wanted to create an area where us pet owners can chat and ask about our pets
with special needs.

First off...I want to say sorry in advance if I make typing errors. I rush and don't enjoy proofreading and I was a science major, not an English major. If something
I say doesn't read well and you would like clarification please don't be shy about asking.

Second off...this should stay fun and light. No criticism welcome.

That being said...My name is Theresa, but most everyone knows me as either TJ or Treesaw. I am currently a 30 year old Oakland University alumni. I graduated in
2011 with a BA in Biology (Wildlife Conservation) from Oakland University in Rochester, MI after attending Macomb CC, CMU, and Mid Michigan CC.
My primary focus was my work with Cheetahs. I now volunteer for the CCF (Cheetah Conservation Fund). I would LOVE to talk more about this organization if
anyone is at all interested. LARGE CATS FOR LIFE!

Along my path in school I also worked a lot with reptiles (rattle snakes and crocodiles mostly.) I now have two special needs reptiles of my own.

My oldest is a ball python (currently 7 years old) named Pez.
He is my WORLD and I "bring him with me" everywhere I go.

tattoo courtesy of Chino @ No Name Tattoo

These were from the day I brought him home 07/06/2010:

This is him 06/12/2016:

Pez suffers from a permanent URI. He had it since before I got him. This little guy is a fighter though. He has had injections to fight some sneezing fits (which he just hates)
and I have taken him to the vet more in the 6 years than my own doctor visits. He tends to have these sneezes more within 24 hours of his frozen meal than most
other times in the week. He is up to eating 2 frozen fuzzies per week. Has anyone else had/have a snake with URI issues? Did they ever overcome them?

My middle child is a veiled chameleon (currently 3 years old) named Duke Nukem.

This was him the day I brought him home 07/19/2014:

and a little while after that:

and 06/12/2016:

Duke suffers from calcium deficiency and also has sores on the joint of each hind legs. He often stretches himself too far and re-opens these sores. He has been doing
better than he originally was before I adopted him. I cared for him for a year, along with my fellow coworkers at PetSmart when I worked there, before I adopted him. It is
policy that PetSmart doesn't sell animals who aren't 100% vet checked healthy...so I got to adopt him for free. He has been a great little guy! Does anyone else have a
chameleon, or other reptile, that gets these sores? What have you done to help them, and are they healed?

Well those are my special needs boys.

Me and my boyfriend just recently celebrated our three year anniversary (08/20/2016) by adopting a dog from the K9 Stray and Rescue League. His only special need
right now is that he is a bit underweight...but all the cookies are going to change that.

This is Boomer

Does anyone else have any special needs pets?
Let's share!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TJs12Stones
Sep 2, 2016
Does anyone else have a Veiled Chameleon?

I am convinced that mine hates my boyfriend's beard...just wondering if anyone has a similar problem.

My boyfriend's beard is as follows.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hi TJ! I don't have any stories to contribute but here's a belated welcome to the forums :) Pez and Duke are both gorgeous, I love ball pythons.

e: Boomer's nice too but I am a big fan of avians/exotics (surprise!)

TJs12Stones
Sep 2, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hi TJ! I don't have any stories to contribute but here's a belated welcome to the forums :) Pez and Duke are both gorgeous, I love ball pythons.

e: Boomer's nice too but I am a big fan of avians/exotics (surprise!)

Thank you :-) feel free to share any special stories about your babies!

• Locked thread