Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I am looking for a new place to live in a new city for a new job. Looking for a place to live is usually a pain in the neck, especially in bigger cities but sometimes you find that special posting on Craigslist that breaks the monotony of the search. A delicious word salad to feast your eyes upon!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/roo/5761410587.html

Charles M. posted:

You read the heading right! This top floor GOLD bedroom has a mood elevating effect that ­­­­­­­can change your out look! This bedroom will make you feel more important that you really are! Your whole vibe might change! There is even a possibility your social status with in your peer group will up tick a little bit! This could be your big break! Would you like to catapult to upper management down at your job? Then read on.

Just on a personal note. When I am in this bedroom. I get this over whelming feeling that I am about to win the Power Ball! Now that you get the gist. Let me break it down for you.

I have a furnished bedroom on my top floor I would like to rent out. My house is in South Park. South Park is a neighborhood 6 miles directly south of downtown Seattle. (9.65 km). I am just inside the city limits.

This is a non smoking house for non smokers only. Outside smoking does not work very good here. I consider this a major misfortune because there are quite a few smokers I seem to get along with pretty
good. Smoking or vaporizing anything on the property is not allowed. If you eat or drink 420. I don't care. Unless I see screwing up, stumbling around and forgetting stuff with respect to our room rental arrangement.

This 140 square foot bedroom is pretty nice. Its on my top floor and faces north. There is a big 6 foot picture window with a definite view of a good chunk of downtown Seattle and Beacon Hill etc. The bedroom is painted a mood elevating gold color. The bedroom is shaped like Oklahoma. Its furnished with a twin bed, night stand a couple of dressers, closet etc. You would have a key to the house and a
key to the bedroom.

You would be sharing the bathroom with just one guy. A quiet, low key guy who has been here for several months.

$525.00 a month if you have first months rent, last months rent and refundable deposit. $595.00 a month plus refundable deposit. If an agreement is made were you are not paying the last months rent up front. The above prices include utilities as long as (water and electricity are not wasted.

Month to month format. After you are here for your initial first month . You may be interested in my weekly or daily payment option. My thinking on this alternate payment option is that you never,ever
fall behind on your rent. Once that kind of thing happens. It usually goes down hill pretty fast. This might be a good situation for someone that wants more personal space. Because every one else at my house is in a big massive over sized bedroom. You might not see people around a lot because of this.

However, it is extremely important that you be an approachable person to live here.

Not counting the guy on the 3rd floor. There is only 3 other people living here. Me the owner, a lady and another guy.

My motto:
Pay your rent.----Clean up after your self.----Conserve on utilities.----Come and go as you please.

*Close to the Seattle area bus system. Metro bus #60 and our main downtown Metro Bus #132 are close.

*Pretty good parking situation right on the street in front.
*24/7 outdoor security system.
*Motion sensor out door night lighting.
*South Park Library close by. Easy access to the web.
*Your own personal garden if you want.
*Small 10 pound type dog possible.

*Laundry mats, malls, theaters ,restaurants, hospitals, thrift stores, night clubs, bowling alleys employment opportunities are obviously going to be reachable from my house. I am inside the city limits! Not out in the sticks like other rooms I have seen advertised on CL.

Important:
Household security and privacy dictates that your friends and or family cannot come into the house. Feel free to meet them at the street anytime you want. I want to be up front here.This is just "Sleeping Room" for an employed person. If this policy does not work for you. Then this is not the right place for you. People that rent space on CL from people like me that post on CL are usually there for just a few months anyway. Whether its a bedroom like this one or a bedroom at some high end lake front palace any were U.S.A.

I have definitely had people at my house longer term. (Which is preferred). If you work out for 12 months I will gladly give you the 13 month for free. I have done it for others and I will do it for you.

I actually have another much larger furnished bedroom here measuring 15x18 PLUS with a desk, personal refrigerator ,bigger everything that may be offered to a trustworthy person I become more familiar with down the road. The bedroom is so nice and big its actually harder to rent out. Can you believe it?
Dominos delivers pizza! *I would like 7 toppings please. *Peperoni,
sausage, Canadian Bacon, mushrooms, black olive and a double load of
pineapple. *Thanks, I will see you in about 30 minutes.

This bedroom just became available. There is no question about it. There will be times when I will get a lot of calls on the room. Then other times when no one calls. There is no sense of urgency to get someone in here. The fit has to be right. The truth is. I don't care about your credit. I go by my instincts on who I think might fit in here. (Then I keep my fingers crossed). Same with you. You should follow your instincts to a certain extent when renting a room at some ones place.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A quick calculation and an example of how it might go:

$525.00 comes out to only $17.27 a day.

$595.00 comes out to only $19.57 a day.

Say for example we make an agreement for the $525.00 option. Which means you paid first , last and deposit up front. Then after 4 months or so you suddenly get transferred or want to move for any reason. You will get your refundable deposit back along with that last months rent you paid. ( As long as there is no damage of coarse). ( Ask for details). I do this because its not a good idea to trap someone here that wants to move for any reason.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading my long posting. If you think this is a workable fit. Give me a call. If you get my voice mail and you want to leave a message. Be sure to speak very clearly and repeat your number twice. Otherwise I may not be able to get back to you right away.

If you do not want to leave a message. No problem, keep calling ,you will eventually get the real me. Charles M.

It took me a while to get through and I didn't even notice the random pizza order in there until a friend pointed it out. I'm a pretty huge fan of one of the pictures in the ad just being a stack of gold bricks. Anyone else had any wacky internet adventures in the world of apartment hunting or beyond?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
$525 for a bedroom 10 miles from Seattle what the hell

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Teikanmi posted:

Quite the deal even WITHOUT mood elevating gold paint. Did you notice the part about the gold? It is also in the shape of Oklahoma. This is probably important for mood elevation as well.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

housing is expensive right now

should see it it vancouver, bc

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/walk-in-closet-advertised-for-580-a-month-in-downtown-vancouver-1.3056374

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Have you tried using an apartment lure? They're really useful for drawing em out.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

learn to naturally produce the pheromones of the female apartment

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Parallax Scroll posted:

learn to naturally produce the pheromones of the female apartment

But will I be able to meet my friends out in the street under these circumstances?

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
A few things you can do to make apartment hunting a blast:

- Lurk under the bed

- Move small items around when no ones looking

- Mess with the thermostat

- Leave ectoplasm on the toothbrushes

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Charles M. posted:

keep calling ,you will eventually get the real me

don't be fooled... there are many impostors, but only one real Charles M.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
525 is cheap as hell and I live in a bedroom community of Tampa lol this guy is a serial killer with a lure

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Teikanmi posted:

hahahah. 10 miles?

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
Even compound words need a little space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
For serious that pizza order is p. Funny

• Locked thread