Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

ROFLburger posted:

toss that game in the dumpster and load up some witcher 3

fo real I have TRIED to play this game. I started it up and every other minute it was opening a new menu with new poo poo like alchemy and magic and whatever. Fine, there's a lot in the game, but the reaction I had sometimes was like "God this is going to be a loving chore"

and sure enough like the first mission in I'm like "okay, this is going okay, it's a bit clunky but fine" and a dude goes "you need ten bumflowers before the quest can advance". No indication of where to go. Like there may be a lot of fun stuff in the game but the idea of having to loving look up where these loving resources are online and go there and look around at the floor for them and then go back just so I can continue the other bit of the game was toxic to me.

Again, maybe there's cool stuff in the game, I hear loads of good stuff about it, but that just sorta killed my interest dead right there. Does anyone in the world actually have fun collecting ten bumflowers? It just seems like, I can't imagine any developer in the world going "wouldn't it be fun if in our game the player had to go find some oats?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the witcher 2 had loving horrible combat and everybody tells me its better in the witcher 3 but not how so i assume it is also extremely bad

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Jose posted:

the witcher 2 had loving horrible combat and everybody tells me its better in the witcher 3 but not how so i assume it is also extremely bad

the witcher 2 couldnt jump and he lived in the land of invisble walls/curbs

no excuse for that bullshit in an "open world" game

e: combat itself i didnt hate, sort of a devil may cry kind of vibe to it

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Sheen Sheen posted:

I'm a terrible Souls fan because DS2 is one of my favorite games ever and I found DS1 to be okay at best and DS3 to be the living embodiment of :geno:

also Souls fans are quite possibly the most insufferable video game fans

I think part of why all the soulborne games are great games is because From is always trying different things. Fans having different opinions about which game is best and why is evidence that the games are never really just the same thing over again with better graphics. No one really agrees which is best and which is worst, they all have good and bad parts.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

It is really bad by just about every metric, and yet the game is somehow still good. There's one boss that's a real bitch and forces you to rely on the extremely basic core mechanics of combat but aside from that it doesn't really get in the way.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

BBQ Dave posted:

I think part of why all the soulborne games are great games is because From is always trying different things. Fans having different opinions about which game is best and why is evidence that the games are never really just the same thing over again with better graphics. No one really agrees which is best and which is worst, they all have good and bad parts.

quality post. I don't really have a favourite but I wouldn't call anyone out for saying any of them was the best

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

I want my games to be made by a level 10 fucklord

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

BBQ Dave posted:

this is truth

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
whats the best gank spank weapon that doesnt suck penis

I do low level invasions and people there are really stupid

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Putty posted:

I do low level invasions and people there are really stupid

Long sword is pretty cool.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Putty posted:

ascended flame +5

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

has anyone beaten bloodborne using nothing but the torch?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Jose posted:

has anyone beaten bloodborne using nothing but the torch?

it would be weird if no one had. People have beaten every fromsoft game under every condition imaginable; level 1, with feet, with guitar hero controller, NG+7 with broken ladle weapon

that said a lot of enemies freak out at the torch so I think you could find weirder. Like beating the game just with that one weird punching weapon from the dlc

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUnmVJKnYpc

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Calico Heart posted:

So Lords of the Fallen is free on Playstation Plus right now. It's not a bad game but BOY does it want to be Dark Souls. I heard the combat was similar going in but jesus it's not even trying to hide it - one of the control set-ups is literally "map the controller more like Dark Souls". Even the story has a "hollowing curse" that's affecting people.

It's not bad or anything so far. Opening area is a bit confined and small, lots of hallways and such. It feels like Dark Souls as a little more of a beat-em-up, maybe?

Thanks for the tip! I always forget to check! I downloaded it and it looks . . . okay. Great for the price!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

notZaar posted:

Long sword is pretty cool.

I use the Black Knight Sword which has proven good so far.

The Protagonist posted:

ascended flame +5

Invading in the Undead Settelment means at max +2 weapons or +1 boss/unique, also at most level 25.

My favorite weapons are always special so buff and infusions are out the door.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

all of that happened in one minute huh

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

reallivedinosaur posted:

all of that happened in one minute huh

Putty is a real a hole, apparently.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
that was a 3v1 btw where i killed everyone

i've gotten good fanmail before from invading as a blue sentinel and letting the invaders kill the host

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

This was alwas my favourite way to troll in dark souls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtT2xYZbWBs

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've spent a lot more time designing my character in Souls games than I have actually playing them but they seemed fun

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
it always felt like dark souls 2 & 3 were backwards. 3 should have come second since it's basically just more dark souls 1 while 2 should have been last since it's where they really went balls-out

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Dark Soul 2 is what happens if you let your publisher make the game for you

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

dakr souls 2 is the best dark souls but i went to buy uncharted 4 second hand today from a local shop and it was more expensive than new off amazon smh

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i always assume anyone who says ds2 is the best played it first

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i played DS1 > 2 > 1 > 2 > bloodborne > demon souls > bloodborne > ds3

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Ds3 is really good but I don't feel like playing it again, just like all the games in this franchise.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

The Protagonist posted:

i always assume anyone who says ds2 is the best played it first

i first played ds2 after beating ds3 like five times and ds2 is such a better game even with its empty covenants. ds1 is the best one though because it was the only one that didnt heavily limit your invasions on scrubs

also ds3 has no channelers trident gently caress that game

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

Putty posted:

that was a 3v1 btw where i killed everyone

i've gotten good fanmail before from invading as a blue sentinel and letting the invaders kill the host

3v1. is impressive.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

DS1 would be vastly improved by the ability to respec

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

ds1 would be vastly improved by the ability to roll in more than 4 directions while locked on

worst part of the game right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Desperate Character posted:

ds1 is the best one though
Yeah

because it was the only one that didnt heavily limit your invasions on scrubs
Double yeah, haven't played 3 yet though

also ds3 has no channelers trident gently caress that game
oh well gently caress that noise

• Locked thread