Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
except maybe 100 yrs and obv grandicaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
i'm colourblind tho :shrug:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I immediately assumed the Pinks were going to be scum when I read your flavor about each party.

I think the three of us being alive at the end had less to do with creating an unkillable block of townies (I'd never expect that to happen) but more that there were 1.5 protective roles still around, including someone who had obviously been the target of the scum submission. That would have made things difficult the longer the game went on, after we had all claimed.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

extremely debilitating to those of us who dont read things in italics tho

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

it was all-in-all a very eccogame

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

dongsbot 9000 posted:

it was all-in-all a very eccogame

I do like you a lot when you're not spamming song lyrics and so I want to make a game some day that actually pleases you fully: what about this setup would I need to change to make post-game dongsbot go "wow an actually good setupf rom ecco traven huh whoda thunk"? ideally keeping the "scum can't initially communicate" gimmick since otherwise it's just a boring mafia game.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

whoda thunk is not a dongsism i refuse to put up with this

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

maybe you should just interpret a very eccogame as a positive thing

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongs, I'm sorry you never realized your dream of killing me.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

its unfortunate but ive accepted it

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i think like 70-75% of my posts were just stuff i was posting to see whod latch onto them rather than anything i actually thought at any point

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
TBH any game that generates this much post-game discussion was a good game, whether the players all think so or not.

Thanks for another fun game to read along with, Ecco!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i listened to a sickening amount of i took a pill in ibiza in a christlike redemption due to everyones annoyance and i think yall are lil whiny bitches imo just for having to skip past 30 posts of the lyrics of a song during a pt where no one was posting anyway

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/tylerthecreator/status/285670822264307712

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Max posted:

dongs, I'm sorry you never realized your dream of killing me.

+ i never killed anyone

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yes but you wanted me dead.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

or did i

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yes.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

oh really now

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, you did submit my name to the killer, and I would be dead if not for Somber's clutch save.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Yeah, I think this setup is incredibly swingy for scum. The entire scum game pretty much hinged entirely on me being able to make the right reads, and we saw how that played out. I definitely could have played things better (the big chain of reasoning post was dumb, and I crumbled under pressure late, though it was just too late by that point). It felt like with all of the generally accepted town power roles floating around (Somber in particular), there wasn't anyone I could really deflect onto once they started coming off of KFC.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

are you taking it personally

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongsbot 9000 posted:

are you taking it personally

Nah.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

its just mafia max i wanted to kill everyone who voted for kfc instead of tloh and you were on that list

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I signed up for a forums game.
To show Something Awful I was cool
and when it finally was over,
it turned out it wasn't really mafia
but gently caress it it was something to do.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im in love w/ the ecco

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
But you keep it on the lo lo?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the song cooler than me is actually about ecco raven

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I cant believe I was brutally murdered, smh, smh.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Also the fact that the person who was after me the hardest was also scum is hilarious.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

Also the fact that the person who was after me the hardest was also scum is hilarious.

I was town MVP.

Too bad I was scum.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Grandicap posted:

I was town MVP.

Too bad I was scum.

Yes this is why the scum need to know each other.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Yes this is why the scum need to know each other.

again, though, when I ran the scum-blind setup a few years ago scum joined together by night 3 and steamrolled the town (save for the killer dying d1).

it's definitely swingy and does rely on the individual scum finding each other using their wits (and their abilities), Grandicap just only had his wits and got unlucky. in a future iteration I'd probably let Grandicap have some kind of ability to find scum on his own to limit the chance of being too detrimental.

that being said, there is an advantage to scum not knowing each other, and the "sincere bussing" of Grandicap's case on Hats is a good example of that. honestly had Bird not pinkclaimed I don't see town winning the game.

e:as a total aside I only just now finally get the pun in Grandicap's name. I dunno. I'm a dumb sometimes.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i forgot birdstrike pinkclaimed but i voted him we wouldve easily won down the stretch np

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

again, though, when I ran the scum-blind setup a few years ago scum joined together by night 3 and steamrolled the town (save for the killer dying d1).

it's definitely swingy and does rely on the individual scum finding each other using their wits (and their abilities), Grandicap just only had his wits and got unlucky. in a future iteration I'd probably let Grandicap have some kind of ability to find scum on his own to limit the chance of being too detrimental.

that being said, there is an advantage to scum not knowing each other, and the "sincere bussing" of Grandicap's case on Hats is a good example of that. honestly had Bird not pinkclaimed I don't see town winning the game.

e:as a total aside I only just now finally get the pun in Grandicap's name. I dunno. I'm a dumb sometimes.

Wait, what pun?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Grandicap posted:

Wait, what pun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
my phone wanted to autocorrect Grandicap as handicap and that's when it dawned in me.

honestly it's not subtle I'm just dumb sometimes like I said.

• Locked thread