Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Garcin posted:

I just had a colloidal silver colonic, took some super male vitality, and and bought like 20 mattresses from these people because goddammit a KING PRICE for a TWIN PRICE!!!

A king mattress is too drat big. What, are you gonna have orgies or something? A queen is more than big enough for two people to sleep on opposite sides and not touch each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

eSports Chaebol posted:

A king mattress is too drat big. What, are you gonna have orgies or something? A queen is more than big enough for two people to sleep on opposite sides and not touch each other.
I am 6'4" and I have a king dong california king mattress. At 7 feet total in length, that leaves like 8 inches for pillows and foot breathing room. My feet need to breathe and I need some space from the headboard.

But I agree a regular king mattress is way too loving wide.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Imagine being able to gently caress and then just roll over to different part of the mattress. That is what the King size is for.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
These prices are so hot they could actually melt steel beams!

Seriously though you spend a third of your life sleeping spend the money.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Okay, I loving get it. Yes, 9/11 was a terrible tragedy. Yes, this ad was insensitive as gently caress.

But this is the same loving country that markets during Memorial Day and all that poo poo and people don't freak out about it. So what's "too soon" of a timeframe to cash in on a tragedy?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cigstomper58 posted:

Isn't this the same logic the Mercedes uses to convince you to buy some $50k commuter car

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dreddout posted:

The nation was left quaking today after a Texas mattress company released an ad featuring a "9/11" sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmM-2gj5Gc

It's the dawning of a new age. Finally the wounds have healed, after all these years America can wholeheartedly embrace the commercialization of this tragedy!

lmao

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Military Industrial Complex is the only industry that I can stomach profiting off of 9/11. Period.

Toby Keith is fine too.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

My eyes very slowly grew very wide over the duration of this ad. This...seems like a joke that was never supposed to actually be aired.

It's not dark enough to be funny. It feels hackneyed from the start, and quickly descends into something approaching, but never quite reaching, satire.

It's bad.

No, it was pretty funny.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Cigstomper58 posted:

I dropped a couple thousand on a good bed and it was the best money I ever spent. A good night's sleep makes your entire life better.

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

Cigstomper58 posted:

Our prices are dropping faster than the north tower!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Has someone made the twin towers into a sex toy yet? My prostate's gonna be a national tragedy by the time I'm done

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'd say I'm probably going to hell for that post but I'm already a gay atheist trannny so I figure my odds weren't very good in the first place.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'd say I'm probably going to hell for that post but I'm already a gay atheist trannny so I figure my odds weren't very good in the first place.

pm me

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Ork of Fiction posted:

Imagine being able to gently caress and then just roll over to different part of the mattress. That is what the King size is for.

This poster understands the true answer.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I want a king dong mattress

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

eSports Chaebol posted:

Look at this sexless loser who doesn't have enough orgies to justify the expense of a king size mattress! :smugbert:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

How long until Michael Bay makes a 9/11 movie where the twin towers turn into a robot's dick

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

The Military Industrial Complex is the only industry that I can stomach profiting off of 9/11. Period.

Toby Keith is fine too.

My alltime favorite way to profit off of 9/11 is children's coloring books.

Happy 9/11 GBS!

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
WTF is that thing behind the police hat?

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

WTF is that thing behind the police hat?

You didn't know that pacman was a first responder that was caught in the collapse?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Luna posted:

You didn't know that pacman was a first responder that was caught in the collapse?

Ms pacman's origin story is p dark

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

The problem with this ad is it's cringe funny at best. And the stupid staged knock the mattresses over and say never forget gives me the feeling they thought they're actual comedy geniuses.

Not that you can't have a 9/11 promotion. Call it First responder day and say you will donate x% of proceeds to First responder or 9/11 charities.

Favorite part is the Owner saying the commercial was unauthorized. The Fat chick is his own daughter.

And we all know he's not going to fire his own daughter, she'll file sales orders in a back room for a while, then be back larger than ever.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

e:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Fly by night furniture stores do this poo poo all the time. They'll post a plastic "under new ownership" banner in a month and be open for their Columbas Day Mattress Blowout!!!

What are they gonna do for Columbus Day, every mattress comes with a free Smallpox blanket and sheet set?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pubic Lair posted:

The problem with this ad is it's cringe funny at best. And the stupid staged knock the mattresses over and say never forget gives me the feeling they thought they're actual comedy geniuses.

Not that you can't have a 9/11 promotion. Call it First responder day and say you will donate x% of proceeds to First responder or 9/11 charities.

Favorite part is the Owner saying the commercial was unauthorized. The Fat chick is his own daughter.

And we all know he's not going to fire his own daughter, she'll file sales orders in a back room for a while, then be back larger than ever.

:qq:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Pubic Lair posted:

you have a lot of opinions for a 14 year old

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Pubic Lair posted:

Good, I'm glad this hero gets to keep her livelihood.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Freestyle posted:

Americans are such special little snowflake babies when it comes to our national tragedies. Vietnam was almost half a century ago, yet plenty of people still turn a deep shade of crimson and bulge all the veins in their body if you mention we lost that war, and maybe it was a stupid and evil idea to even fight it.

Meanwhile, plenty of countries are bombed daily and they don't lose their poo poo over some dumb tv add. Home of the brave? Nah man, home of the safe space. Are there any tough, courageous Americans left, besides Batman?

Freestyle posted:

California born & bred. We're not a country (yet), but here's hoping.

this poster is a prime example of why 9/11 happened imo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pubic Lair posted:

Are you calling her fat?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Don't forget to buy cheap coins, otherwise you will forget,

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Oscar Wild posted:

A second shopping cart has hit the display!

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

eSports Chaebol posted:

Speak for yourself, tiny little man.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Freestyle posted:

California born & bred. We're not a country (yet), but here's hoping.

NCR and proud

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

Oscar Wild posted:

A second shopping cart has hit the display!

Quoting this from the first page because holy lol

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

she never forgot

to clean her plate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Lime Tonics posted:

Don't forget to buy cheap coins, otherwise you will forget,

I'd buy it. It'd make for a fun game where you throw toy planes at it to make the towers fall.

• Locked thread