Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

So my wife and I brought home a new puppy on Monday, we've both had dogs our whole lives but this was the first one we got together. We know it's a mixed breed of some kind we just really can't figure out what breed it is exactly. It doesn't seem to have any dew claws as far as we can tell. It keeps having accidents in the house no matter what we have tried so we have just taken to putting diapers on it. If anyone can give us any advice on the house training thing and if anyone can help me figure out just what the heck kind of dog this is we would really appreciate it. Bright blessings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Get it declawed as soon as possible.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I see foam. Possibly rabid.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Neuter your pets.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Sorta has pug eyes in the first picture.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
chinese crested dog imo

Midelne
Jun 19, 2002

I shouldn't trust the phones. They're full of gas.

Looks like Corgi to me. You'll want to watch out for hip dysplasia, and there's always a chance of epilepsy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Pretty sure it's a bizarre Xolo/Bulldog mix, given the hairlessness and oversized head shape.

Or an American Bully with mange.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm sorry OP but if the dog can't walk you're going to be in for a lot of poo poo. It may be better to just euth it.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm sorry OP but if the dog can't walk you're going to be in for a lot of poo poo. It may be better to just euth it.

My wife really thinks we should do all we can to try and rehabilitate it, she's one of those bleeding hearts types you know

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Sid did you hotbox your baby

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Jeez if you're going to diaper your dumb dog why don't you just buy a bag to carry it in? Or a stroller for walkies? You'll look like a real cool guy rolling your hideous defective puppy around bud.

(Adorable "puppy" though. Slightly drunk looking.)

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Celluloid Sam posted:

if anyone can help me figure out just what the heck kind of dog this is

There are sites (http://www.wisdompanel.com) that will determine the breed/mix by dna analysis. I think its going to be the only real way of determining what breed it is because the bitch was likely with a ton partners if she roamed the neighborhood. And its fairly certain she did.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Blackchamber posted:

There are sites (http://www.wisdompanel.com) that will determine the breed/mix by dna analysis. I think its going to be the only real way of determining what breed it is because the bitch was likely with a ton partners if she roamed the neighborhood. And its fairly certain she did.

:eyepop:

:drat:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What you've got there is one of those designer chihuahua breeds dipshit backyard-breeders try to foist on socialites. The oversized bug-eyed head is the giveaway.

It's gonna be a neurotic needy little poo poo, screaming and wailing constantly for food or attention if you leave it alone for even a minute. And good luck trying to sleep ever again, because those things are up all hours of the night howling for your affection.

Turn it over to a shelter and get something with a more relaxed temperament IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
Looks pretty brachycephalic to me, better factor in breathing medication costs. Possibly surgery too.

• Locked thread