Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.

jigglemaster7 posted:

hows posting jokes about 9/11 considered okay but i cant even say friend of the family without being crucified

go to the pink forum, you can do both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toxicitysquared
Nov 12, 2007

:jiggled:
Jiggled Again

Maldoror posted:

reported.

i dont give a gently caress

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

jigglemaster7 posted:

i dont give a gently caress

Jiggled Again

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

jigglemaster7 posted:

hows posting jokes about 9/11 considered okay but i cant even say friend of the family without being crucified

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5eIJ5Ev_u4&t=3036s

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=remNxRKGwxs

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Does Norm Macdonald ever get funny?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

jigglemaster7 posted:

im not a mod but my guess would be it's because they are two entirely different things

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

vyst posted:

You are the worst

toxicitysquared
Nov 12, 2007

Jiggled Again

lmao classic

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

vyst posted:

drad bert is norm macdonald irl

toxicitysquared
Nov 12, 2007

Jiggled Again

Puppy Galaxy posted:

im not a mod but my guess would be it's because they are two entirely different things

yeah making a mockery about a terrorist attack that changed everything is chill and funny but saying a racist word triggers you okay

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

AugmentedVision posted:

drad bert is norm macdonald irl

oh so no.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqGwbwhcWkM

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

vyst posted:

no, unless you think being a comedian who is relentlessly unfunny is funny

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

jigglemaster7 posted:

yeah making a mockery about a terrorist attack that changed everything is chill and funny but saying a racist word triggers you okay

gently caress ... you're right ... i'm triggered

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Manticorny posted:

reminds me of what my family used to say about my ex

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

personable decorum posted:

reminds me of what my family used to say about my ex

"We told her you're gay"?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Manticorny posted:

GBS knows unfunny

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

Puppy Galaxy posted:

GBS knows unfunny

we pretty much invented it

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Theophany posted:

If you don't have the archives, you can view the original 9/11 thread and revisit goons reacting as it unfolded.

http://www.truegamer.net/SA_911/911%20SATHREAD/

Couple of god tier predictions - personal favourite:

These are certainly something.

quote:

Hrm, yeah, says at cnn.com that a plane has crashed into it...hope it isn't some terrorist attack or anything nutty like that.

quote:

Now this is weird, since last week was the first showing of that X-files spin-off "The Lone Gunmen" in Austalia. The plot of the first one was that some government group was going to fly a plane into the World Trade Centre. Life imitates art?

quote:

Latest thing I heard is about some Columbian who got arrested and this is retaliation.

quote:

Holy poo poo. This could only mean three things:
a) both pilots were members of anti-capitalist terrorist groups or suicidal
b) some terrorist group hax0red the planes to automatically crash into the towers
c) pilots are loving idiots and rely on their navigation systems despite the fact that they're on collision course with a freaking skyscraper.

This also kind of reminds me of SimCity 2000, where I used to build my arcologies as close as possible to the airport.

Edit: I forgot about the hijacking possibility.

quote:

Reuters is now saying 6 dead, 1000+ injured. I think this is low though.

quote:

I'm hardly a patriot, but this kind of poo poo makes me want to sign up for the Marines and go murder some loving Ragheads.

quote:

loving poo poo. my dad works in the world trade center. i just woke up and my grandma is on the answering machine crying. i turn on the news and mom comes downstairs and asks me whats going on. now shes freaking out, im trembling. no word from him yet.

quote:

its nothing we havent done to other civilians. how do you like a taste of our OWN loving medicine.

quote:

You don't know if it was the Palaestinensians, Saddam, Bin Laden, or even the Israeli in an attempt to get the US to help them against the Arab menace.

quote:

Not to belittle the signifigance of these events, but you do realize that this means a whole slew of "anti terrorist" and probably "anti violence" laws will be passed through congress.

Any "anti terrorist" laws will be given almost a blank check to do what is necessary. I'd be surprised if in 6 months you'll be able to make a domestic call without it being monitored.

quote:

on a selfish aside, i was going to get u2 tickets this week, and from what i've read, Bono was in the WTC today discussing Aids relief for Africa

that's unconfirmed, but still, hosed up... It's also just one life in the scope of 10's of thousands that don't deserve this

quote:

how do you know its the isrealites? did anyone say it is? maybe its a bunch of dumb americans.

quote:

To those familiar with Something Awful: The SA Forums have utterly, utterly collapsed.

It was my only source of news. I'm on a 56k connection, I couldn't muscle myway onto CNN.com or BBC.co.uk. A NYC Forum Goon with a webcam wasbroadcasting images of the burning World Trade Center. The thread reached over 15 pages in under half an hour before it came crashing down on the rest of SA.

I went in to work today, and came home fifteen minutes later. The Loop area, the center of Chicago, has shut down. The colleges, museums, stock exchange, government buildings and businesses are closed. Games have been cancelled. Public transit passes are free. The trains are packed.

Everyone is going home. I came home half an hour ago.

I'm a soft touch. I kept it together long enough to make it to the CTA station, but I cried on the platform. I blame some fuchsia-haired kid freaking out into his cell phone. "IT'S WAR FOR SURE! IT'S WAR FOR SURE!" Couldn't maintain composure, sitting next to that. When I started up, everyone thought I was a 17-year-old late for school (I look young for my age) or I knew someone in New York. A sympathetic lady gave me Kleenex. And then, out of nowhere, a stranger appeared, snapped my photograph with an expensive-looking camera, and disappeared again.

If a photo of a blonde, pregnant woman in a blue cotton shirt handing a small, brown girl in an olive-drab jacket a tissue shows up on the wire services on in the papers, let me know.

New York doesn't look like New York anymore. The skyline is gone. The WTC is dead. This is like the plot to a movie I would refuse to see, on account of a ridiculous premise. This our Pearl Harbor. Our generation has been defined by this, and onyl then. In a hundred years, this is all they will remember of us.

The Legendary Assholes of the Internet, from Kyanka to Stile to Chez Noir of PoE, have suddenly decided that now is not the time to be an rear end in a top hat. They're asking for blood donations. They're pulling their pages offline as a sign of respect. It's surreal. These are good, decent people who can feel sympathy for the pain fo others; I've always subconciously known that. But the sudden breaks in character are as disarming as they are touching.

Soylent from Rotten.Com has posted a series called "Swan Dive." These are people jumping from the burning World Trade Center, floor 60 and above. I have seen Stile's kitten video. I have seen videos of castrations. I have seen "Train Girl." And these three blurry, still photographs are the most horrible things I've ever witnessed. Soylent also claims that the forth airliner, which crashed in rural Pennsylvania, was shot down by a military jet. That, so far, is unconfirmed by the BBC.

That's it. I don't know what else to say. I'm sorry this happened. I'm sorry for everything. No one deserves this. And no one deserves what's to inevitably come.

Nckdictator fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 12, 2016

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Nckdictator posted:

quote:

Not to belittle the signifigance of these events, but you do realize that this means a whole slew of "anti terrorist" and probably "anti violence" laws will be passed through congress.

Any "anti terrorist" laws will be given almost a blank check to do what is necessary. I'd be surprised if in 6 months you'll be able to make a domestic call without it being monitored.
people always quote the bush starting a war thing but lol this poster really knew what was up

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I can hear the wet, grunty, plarping noise just looking at it.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Nckdictator posted:

also it always bums me out when I see that thread and realize I didn't shitpost in it even once. My only solace is that there's also no serious/care post from me in there either, how embarrassing would that be

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
It's really frustrating that looking for anything about the attacks involves sifting through hundreds of "__________ did 9-11!!! PROOF!!!!!" videos, threads, articles, etc with lovely MS-Paint explanations about thermite and poo poo.(or now poo poo about Hillary Clinton having pneumonia)

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

looooooooooooooooooooooooool

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
all you really need to know about 9/11 is that every single person and organization in the world did it with the exception of saddam.

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

Aralan posted:

looooooooooooooooooooooooool

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmaooo

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
The Super Dave joke at the very end is a classic. God bless that man.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

ChesterJT posted:

The Super Dave joke at the very end is a classic. God bless that man.

"See that's funny, cuz it's a diet coke" is the best part of the whole thing Norm is a national treasure

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

well that was a fun 9/11 guys, same time next year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stuntcock
Oct 15, 2000

Annoyed, but NOT DEAD

TremorX posted:

Wasn't it Stuntcock?

Yes, originally posted here on SA

• Locked thread