Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Is your house infested with filthy vermin, but for some reason you don't want these disgusting, disease-ridden sewer creatures dead? Or perhaps you have children in the house and you're not comfortable with the idea of spraying harsh chemicals all over the place? Well listen to these helpful tips for humane pest control.

- To keep mice out of your house, dice up several onions and garlic and sprinkle it around baseboards and in corners. The strong smell of the onions will repel the mice. Be sure to replace the onions every few weeks.

- Ants are attracted to grains, fruits, vegetables and sugar. Switch to an all meat diet and you will never have to worry about ants again.

- To rid your house of cockroaches, sprinkle salt all over the floor and in moist areas. The salt will dehydrate the cockroaches and scratch their carapaces, making their stay in your home unpleasant and preventing them from laying eggs.

- Mix up a solution of vinegar and eggs (4 parts vinegar to one part egg) and pour it into a spray bottle. Spray it on any ants you see and it will remove their scent trails, destroying their ability to find food in your house.

- Mix all your powdered food items (sugar, flour, etc...) with an equal amount of chalk or drywall dust to make it unappetizing to pests.

What about you, goons? What are some ways you use to keep pests out of your house "the natural way?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
The pest was a great movie.

12gaugelobotomy
Apr 25, 2012
Burn it all down

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
RAID

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Genocides work

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Serious suggestion for cockroaches; geckos. Get three or four geckos and let them loose in your house, you'll never see another cockroach again.

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
Liquid traps work best for the horrible basement centipedes.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
The best way to eliminate pests is to keep your house clean and tidy.Store all foods in airtight and sealed containers. Dispose of trash in a timely fashion.

12gaugelobotomy
Apr 25, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Serious suggestion for cockroaches; geckos. Get three or four geckos and let them loose in your house, you'll never see another cockroach again.

Then what lizzard do i release to get rid of the resulting gecko infestation?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

12gaugelobotomy posted:

none, geckos are adorable. That's one of the benefits. And if you get rid of the geckos, the cockroaches will just come back. You need a permanent gecko population to get permanent cockroach reduction. I bet you're one of those people who wonder why you always put the weight back on after a diet

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

12gaugelobotomy posted:

whatever lizard this dood would put on a t-shirt from cuba will kill all the geckos trust

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
A liberal sprinkling of caltrops all over your basement floor will deter ninjas from making homes there.

The caltrops hurt the ninjas' feet without killing them.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Give your house to the pests. They have won the rights to it through hard work and bravery. Lie down. Give your body to the pests. A tribute to the pest queen. Your remaining family may still be spared.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
The next time mice show up in your home, belittle them. Tell them they're pathetic and give them really low self esteem. They will never want to come back to that kind of verbal abuse.

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

Moon Atari posted:

Give your house to the pests. They have won the rights to it through hard work and bravery. Lie down. Give your body to the pests. A tribute to the pest queen. Your remaining family may still be spared.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

The next time mice show up in your home, belittle them. Tell them they're pathetic and give them really low self esteem. They will never want to come back to that kind of verbal abuse.

I read this technique doesn't work and that nine out of ten mice that come from this environment return to it after only a few weeks.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

I have a rat terrier so im not worried about mice

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Ultrasound devices look decent for non-insectoid pests. Owning a cat that is not considered a household decoration ain't bad, also 100% natural.
Cockroaches are nearly impossible to chase out without chemical cleaning and :gas: If you have crickets and they start to move in you should consider cleaning your place as they will almost certainly
be followed by roaches.

If you have these bastards inside it is always best just to murder those fuckers, clean everything and check all your furniture and nuke it too if it looks suspicious. Remember that insects survived last 170 million years
thru several apocalypse level events. Prevention is always easier than having a loving terrarium instead of a house.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Some mice just get motivated to change by that, and six months later you've got really confident mice running marathons and poo poo

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Have you got a rabbit problem in your garden? Try oatmeal. Dump oatmeal flakes all over your garden. The rabbits eat the oatmeal and it swells in their stomach, making them too full to eat your veggies.

Frisky
Apr 2, 2012

What turtle?
what if the rabbi start with the vegetables first? ummm

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
Doggin.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
If you go long enough without showering, vermin will be naturally repelled by your odor. It takes a while though and there is an intermediate period where they are more attracted so you gotta stick with it to get the desired results.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Tricky D posted:

If you go long enough without showering, vermin will be naturally repelled by your odor. It takes a while though and there is an intermediate period where they are more attracted so you gotta stick with it to get the desired results.

Use coffee grinds (not used coffee grinds) as both toothpaste and soap to accelerate the process.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

satanic splash-back posted:

Use coffee grinds (not used coffee grinds) as both toothpaste and soap to accelerate the process.

I don't care who you are, that's some news you can use.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
To keep maggots out of your cracker barrel, place a dead fish on a plate at the top of the barrel. The maggots will crawl out of the crackers and into the fish. When the fish is full of maggots, throw it in the garbage and replace with a fresh fish. Repeat until all the maggots are gone.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Applewhite posted:

To keep maggots out of your cracker barrel, place a dead fish on a plate at the top of the barrel. The maggots will crawl out of the crackers and into the fish. When the fish is full of maggots, throw it in the garbage and replace with a fresh fish. Repeat until all the maggots are gone.

I ate at a Cracker Barrel once, can confirm.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Dont like spiders? Smear feces on the walls and ceilings of your home. Spiders dont like poo poo in their webs.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Kill them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Get a little insect megaphone and yell speciesist slogans in their faces. Most domesticated insects are quite learned and will vacate when subjected to vulgar intolerance.

• Locked thread