Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Airborne Viking posted:

Contacts are great because 80% of all eyeglasses are owned by the same company and inflated to ridiculous prices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7H-_8UkmFU

It must be true, because a gay guy in a fauxhawk told me so.

i was like "ok who loving cares" until it got to the like oh also they own every store oh also they run the insurance company as well and i was like, haha jesus christ man. true story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i wear glasses

e: http://www.zerogeyewear.com/optical-collection/ OP

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

More like 100% gey.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
contacts are a pain in the dick. taking them in, pulling them out, using eye dropper stuff because your eyes get dry. that stuff is for the birds IMO. i'm going to get glasses

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

way to suck luxioglasse's cock or whatever it is

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

i was like "ok who loving cares" until it got to the like oh also they own every store oh also they run the insurance company as well and i was like, haha jesus christ man. true story

Are you trying to tell me that Mr. Dolce doesn't personally design every pair of frames he puts his name on?! :aaaaa:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Dreddout posted:

Are you trying to tell me that Mr. Dolce doesn't personally design every pair of frames he puts his name on?! :aaaaa:

Without turning this into a soapbox moment, Luxottica has a virtual monopoly over manufacturing and distribution. They even do some of the buying with that insurance company they own. Frames aren't really a consumer-friendly market.

Anyway, go contacts/lasik I guess!

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
Get yo eyez lazard if u can afford it u freaks wear glasses 4 fun if u must

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I should get dailies. I have 2 weeks but I only ever wear them when I use sunglasses or am behind a camera. I have like 9 pairs of regular glasses I like using much more.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i wear glasses and i look like a loving dork and no one likes me

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Cnut the Great posted:

i wear glasses and i look like a loving dork and no one likes me

get daily contacts it will at least fix the glasses part

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

jackyl posted:

~ happy bday mr.president !~

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

jackyl posted:

the kind i was wearing irritated my eyes and before i could try the silicone hydrogel poo poo they were pushing on me i became a poor

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Cnut the Great posted:

the kind i was wearing irritated my eyes and before i could try the silicone hydrogel poo poo they were pushing on me i became a poor

I use acuvue oasis and they are pretty comfortable. 95$ for a year supply at costco.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Both my eyes are the same prescription, so that makes my life with contacts easier and cheaper. With contacts I have like 20/10 vision or better - glasses are never quite as good.

Long story short: get contacts.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Yes but can you really make dailies last multiple days if you care for them properly?

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe

Prorat posted:

Yes but can you really make dailies last multiple days if you care for them properly?

If you aren't a complete I.N.R.I. probs if you're lucky gl hf pepe

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Could of sworn you were talking about people you see daily. poo poo thread.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
We copy writing and copy people it's rare to copy souls I wouldn't recommend trying it without multiple gallons of blood and a gnarlyhotep at a low tax man

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I use acuvue oasis and they are pretty comfortable. 95$ for a year supply at costco.

Stop cramping my style!

---

I'm going to take my contacts out tonight...it's been about 2 months.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
My eyes we're hosed thanks to developing Keratoconus, thankfully after getting 2 surgical procedures on the left and one on the right I now only need to wear one contact lens in my right eye in order to see really well.

This was all done on the wonderful NHS which saved me a shitload of money

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Prorat posted:

Maybe, but I wouldn't recommend it. I tried to do it occasionally back when I had dailies and the contact always ended up breaking apart in my eye on the second or third day, which is a real bitch to deal with, believe me.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
looking forward to tossing my contacts after this game, let's go the bills since I bet heavy against the jets

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
for real new contacts every day owns

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
yes it would be cool to get the embed for pay to posting as well but my metaphor skills aren't up to snuff yet and we in the beta testing phase

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
also im still not clockin right and i demand a paid mechanic junkie to service me

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
idk dude just get daily contacts

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

:lol: if you actually throw away perfectly good contacts every day and buy more.

My contacts are supposed to be thrown away every two weeks. gently caress that poo poo. My optometrist makes enough loving money. I think I've been wearing the one in my right eye for six months and my left eye for over a year.

Buy a new $100 box of contacts every month? Yeah, suck my dick, Doc :gizz:

Same. Sort of. Mine are meant to be thrown out every month, but I always keep them for more like 3.

They always push daily contacts on me when I'm at the eye doctor, but I can't justify the extra cost, and all the waste they generate makes me feel guilty. Also I'm kind of old, and when I started wearing contacts, even monthly disposables weren't invented yet. You paid $200-$300 for a single pair of contacts that you wore for ~2 years at a time. So even throwing out my contacts 4 times a year feels pretty decadent to me.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

jackyl posted:

idk dude just get daily contacts

hey look i guess money is no object for you or whatever but it is for me and means the world to me. the impact you may have had is catastrophic. i am not your dude. perhaps in the future. for now we are cuffed. like wesley snipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

radiatinglines posted:

fyi those contact websites say to put your doctor's name down so they can verify your prescription, but if they can't reach the doctor because it's a bad number or something they just send them anyway

VisionDirect.com? Nope. VisionDirect.co.uk? Yep. No calls, no questions, fresh contacts on a three year old prescription.

• Locked thread