Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The first of the three main Destruction shows is tomorrow morning at 5:00 EDT/10:00 BST]. Make no mistake, these are definitely B shows compared to cards like Dominion and Invasion Attack but there's some compelling matches on all three shows. Definitely looking forward to both title matches on tomorrow's card. We should also discover the identity of the new LIJ member seen on Monday's Korakuen main event at some point during these three shows.

Shibata's apparently cleared to wrestle despite his neck injury so the NEVER title match should go as planned.

Destruction in Tokyo
September 17th at 5:00 AM EDT/10:00 BST
Ota Ward Gym

David Finlay and Henare vs. RPG Vice
Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi vs. YOSHITATSU and Captain New Japan
GBH and Tiger Mask vs. TenCozy and Jushin Thunder Liger
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and Gedo) vs. Bullet Club (G.O.D. and Chase Owens)
Juice Robinson vs. Kyle O'Reilly
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin, and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, EVIL, and SANADA)
NEVER Openweight Champonship:Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Bobby Fish
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship:KUSHIDA(c) vs. BUSHI

Hiroshima's top two matches are weak comparison to Tokyo but the midcard looks good. The ROH World title match should be good and this could be one of the better IWGP Heavy tag matches we've seen lately (and I'm not even much of a fan of the Bucks in NJPW). Even RPG Vice vs. GOD is kinda compelling thanks to the different weight classes of the teams.

Destruction in Hiroshima
September 22nd at 4:00 AM EDT/9:00 BST
Hiroshima Sun Plaza Hall

GBH, YOSHITATSU, and Captain New Japan vs. TenCozy, Matt Sydal, and Ricochet
Shibata, Nagata, Nakanishi, and TMIV vs. reDRagon, Taguchi, and Finlay
RPG Vice vs. G.O.D.
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens)
Tanahashi, Elgin, KUSHIDA, and Juice) vs. L.I.J (Naito, EVIL, SANADA, and BUSHI)
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Championship:Briscoe Brothers(c) vs. Young Bucks
ROH World Heavyweight Championship: Adam Cole(c) vs. Will Ospreay
Kazuchika Okada vs. Bad Luck Fale
G1 Briefcase defense:Kenny Omega(c) vs. YOSHI-HASHI)

Kobe features the biggest match of the tour (Natio vs. Elgin for the IC) and it's great to see the NJPW vs. NOAH feud continue on a non Lion's Gate show. Shibata and Nagata vs. reDRagon looks like a highlight

Destruction in Kobe
September 25th at 3:00 AM EDT/8:00 BST
Kobe World Hall

David Finlay, Teruaki Kanemitsu, and Henare vs. CHAOS (Will Ospreay and RPG Vice)
YOSHITATSU and Captain New Japan vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens)
GBH and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. TenCozy and Tiger Mask
Katsuyori Shibata and Yuji Nagata vs reDRagon
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship:Satoshi Kojima, Matt Sydal, and Ricochet(c) vs. Bullet Club (Adam Cole and the Young Bucks)
Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and the Briscoe Brothers vs. Kenny Omega, Bad Luck Fale, and G.O.D.
Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, and Juice Robinson vs. L.I.J(EVIL, Sanada, and BUSHI)
CHAOS (Okada, YOSHI-HASHI, Jado, and Gedo) vs. Yano, Marufuji, Atsushi Kotoge and Daisuke Harada)
IWGP IC ChampionshpMichael Elgin(c) vs. Tetsuya Naito

Thauros fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Please don't get crippled, Shibata :ohdear:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't know if they can top the original Destruction in Hiroshima.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

bad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it will be good if i die. a couple of nice cards here all things considered.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is bobby fish about to be NEVER champ

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It wasn't much of a show really, even the ending of the main match - while notable - feels a little too late to me since Bushi has spent so long not really beating anyone.

Shibata responding to a challenge by angrily kicking a guy in the chest was pretty great though!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Kushida :smith:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

It wasn't much of a show really, even the ending of the main match - while notable - feels a little too late to me since Bushi has spent so long not really beating anyone.

Shibata responding to a challenge by angrily kicking a guy in the chest was pretty great though!

Yeah the NEVER match was good but was hurt by lack of heat and the main was more of the tiresome intereference and overly long ref bumps I wish they'd get away from as they did during the G1.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

NEVER match was really stupidly worked. 10 consecutive minutes of Fish dropping Shibata on his neck with increasingly implausible kickouts that have no heat anyway because no one believed he would win and then Shibata fires back with three moves busting himself open in the process.

Main event was good but it shouldn't have had the interference from the heavyweights.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I hope Shibata busting himself open on a headbutt doesn't become a regular thing; I wish he'd stop with the unprotected headbutts in general.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
they should give yujiro's ho train to kenny omega permanently and also shoot yujiro

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Destruction in Hiroshima
September 22nd at 4:00 AM EDT/9:00 BST
Hiroshima Sun Plaza Hall

GBH, YOSHITATSU, and Captain New Japan vs. TenCozy, Matt Sydal, and Ricochet
Shibata, Nagata, Nakanishi, and TMIV vs. reDRagon, Taguchi, and Finlay
RPG Vice vs. G.O.D.
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens)
Tanahashi, Elgin, KUSHIDA, and Juice) vs. L.I.J (Naito, EVIL, SANADA, and BUSHI)
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Championship:Briscoe Brothers(c) vs. Young Bucks
ROH World Heavyweight Championship: Adam Cole(c) vs. Will Ospreay
Kazuchika Okada vs. Bad Luck Fale
G1 Briefcase defense:Kenny Omega(c) vs. YOSHI-HASHI)

Reminder that this is tomorrow morning. Looks like a much better midcard than Tokyo's.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Normally I'd be utterly uninterested in Omega vs YOSHI-HASHI but the latter had a surprisingly good G1 and I think the match could be real cool.

I don't see any way Fale vs Okada won't be lame though.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Fale was more consistently solid in this year's G1 than at any other point in his career and his best matches have been against main event babyfaces.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

When they ran Okada/Fale last year the match was fun

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Tokyo Sports has reported that if Fale beats Okada in Hiroshima then they will be wrestling for the Heavyweight Championship at the Show I am going to in New Zealand next month :v: that'd be nice.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Starting now!

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

what a dive

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Surprised that rPG Vice didn't go over there to establish that a jr team could beat a heavy going into the title match

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's a rather low bar but that was the best IWGP Heavy Tag Match since at the very least Meiyu Tag

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

When they ran Okada/Fale last year the match was fun

If we're thinking of the same match, I remember they had a very cool storyline where Okada had completely lost his confidence leading to getting his rear end beat by Fale a few times, and then they had the match and Okada had regained his mojo and basically destroyed Fale. It was a really effective way of telling that Okada story, though I don't know that Fale really had to do much but be the other guy in the ring.

Edit: "Goto.... go to hell!" :xd:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Sep 22, 2016

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I like Goto more than the average goon but the fact that he's probably getting another shot at the briefcase is unfortunate.

Good show in Hiroshima though I'd like to have seen the Bucks merge the tag titles.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Reminder that this is late tonight US Time at 3:00 AM EDT/8:00 BST. Card's been updated to reflect Shibata's absence. Sydal's still listed but who the gently caress knows if he'll actually be there given rumors and his absence from the Hiroshima show. There's a good chance we'll find out the mystery LIJ man on this show although of course that also means we'll be getting a lot of fuckery in the main event.

Destruction in Kobe
September 25th at 3:00 AM EDT/8:00 BST
Kobe World Hall

David Finlay, Hirai Kawato and Henare vs. CHAOS (Will Ospreay and RPG Vice)
YOSHITATSU and Captain New Japan vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens)
GBH and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Tiger Mask, and Teruaki Kanemitsu
Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi vs. reDRagon
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship:Satoshi Kojima, Matt Sydal, and Ricochet(c) vs. Bullet Club (Adam Cole and the Young Bucks)
Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, and the Briscoe Brothers vs. Kenny Omega, Bad Luck Fale, and G.O.D.
Hiroshi Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, and Juice Robinson vs. L.I.J(EVIL, Sanada, and BUSHI)
CHAOS (Okada, YOSHI-HASHI, Jado, and Gedo) vs. Yano, Marufuji, Atsushi Kotoge and Daisuke Harada)
IWGP IC ChampionshpMichael Elgin(c) vs. Tetsuya Naito

Thauros fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 25, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Watching this, I'm gonna go out on a limb, be somewhat controversial, and say that Will Ospreay is quite entertaining to watch!

Edit: CAPTAIN NEW JAPAN! :aaa:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 25, 2016

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Watching this, I'm gonna go out on a limb, be somewhat controversial, and say that Will Ospreay is quite entertaining to watch!

Edit: CAPTAIN NEW JAPAN! :aaa:

somewhere Devitt is watching this and fuming

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That dude just crotched himself twice trying to climb the turnbuckle and O'Reily had to just stand there waiting lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

reDRagon must be amazing because they're making Nakanishi look good!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

David Finlay is so lucky that Sydal couldn't be there!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Well, at least I'm catching the main. Sleep schedules and alarms caused me to miss most of this despite being off today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So I guess the new LIJ guy will be showing up in a minute

Edit: Or not!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Sep 25, 2016

• Locked thread