Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kendrick_Johnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
i cutt myself on your thread and am considering legal action

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

This kid would still be alive if he drank more malk.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Great, another McRib thread

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Really sucks that the family will never see justice.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Khorne posted:

Really sucks that the family will never see justice.

What are you talking about? Their son's killer died a horrible death.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Blistex posted:

The case was severely mishandled. I don't have a strong belief about what happened to the kid either way. I'd buy that he accidentally killed himself. But it's clear that everyone handling his body locally really screwed up.

Lately I find myself wishing more and more this forums had a "hell yeah" button for replies. Because I've wanted to empty quote or congratulate some replies lately even though I never did in the past.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
The family probably hosed any chance of the case being well investigated by rolling really hard in the civil lawsuit paint. On the other hand, they didn't have much of a choice when all that missing footage showed up and it was pretty clear everyone involved was more worried about covering their own asses then doing the right thing.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Kid kills himself at school by accident: Parents get counter-sued.

Lady commits suicide in jail: Parents get rich.

ScratchAndSniff fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Sep 20, 2016

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i have cracked this case: you will find the victim's body rolled up in the schools gym mats
:smugdog::pipe: it will be simpler if you go straight to it instead of imploring me to explain my deductions. dont tarry theres not a moment to lose

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

judge: well, i guess that's a wrap

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol that family tried suing absolutely everyone and didn't even get one settlement.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I have vague memories of there being a thread about this back in the day, and the gbs of the time near unanimously agreed that this absolutely had to have been a hate crime, and if not a hate crime than the police had deliberately hosed up the case due to systemic racism.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Blistex posted:

fuckin laffo

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

social vegan posted:

judge: well, i guess that's a wrap

holy poo poo, you fuckers are on fire this morning

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
gym? what's a gym?

oh, a gym!

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Kendrick Johnson's parents are currently being sued for $850,000 in attorney fees[5] and $1 million in defamation damages.[6][7]

Can you declare bankruptcy and have your attorney fees discharged?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Their next law suit should be against their legal council.

• Locked thread