Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I thought it might be the city attorney, but then he'd be in on having his daughter killed and be under some sort of illusion that he's got Riggs on some sort of leash.

Unless he's now on the cartel payroll after his daughter was killed by the cartel as a warning to him. Which makes the conversation oddly chummy for talking to the guy whose daughter you killed as a warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

So who was the drug kingpin calling at the end, when he said that Riggs asked about his wife, and the person on the other end of the phone needs to keep him on a short leash?

Three suspects:

1. Riggs' father-in-law (Miranda's father), the City Attorney
2. Captain Avery
3. Dr. Cahill, Riggs' psychologist

I'm guessing the father in law.

The other possibility that popped into my head was he was talking to his nephew's handler. Like, they fake killed him in front of Riggs. "Keep him on a short leash. I don't want to have to come back up here." just made it sound like he didn't want to clean up after the nephew anymore. Granted, that would be a pretty bonkers plotline, but hey, it's TV.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
I assumed that since he said he "told Riggs the truth", that the cartel guy didn't kill wifey because Riggs was a problem.. he killed wifey because wifey or her dad was a problem.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
It's new tonight!!!!!

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Holy poo poo that ending was dark, but I think I'm the only one watching.

Although I liked the Deus Ex Medicine

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
felt like this was written and produced with the intention of it being shown earlier in the overall narrative. I came back from break and it didn't seem like where the partners were gelling when we last left off.

I too want to go to a silent disco.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

try the new taco place posted:

Holy poo poo that ending was dark, but I think I'm the only one watching.

Although I liked the Deus Ex Medicine

Good grief the ending to last night's episode took a really dark turn.

And it all ended with them both sitting on that bus stop bench :(

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dead Snoopy posted:

They suck, believe.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Of all the horrible poo poo Riggs might have ever done, eating a marked lunch from the fridge is undoubtedly the worst.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Dead Snoopy posted:

The silent disco is the only dance club I could deal with.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Tonight's episode was dope. In the running for my favorite of the series!!!

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Still digging this show, still expecting it to go to poo poo at any time. They're walking a fine line between old-school action movie call-back and unintentionally hilarious schlock, and they're doing it very well.

Loved Riggs sitting in the silent rave.

edit: "The Murtaughs are my team."

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Love Riggs' deadly frozen smile at "I haven't killed any cops. Not yet anyway."

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

I saw that Thomas Lennon was cast as Leo Getz, which is kind of amazing casting and I'd love to see him series regular if The Odd Couple gets cancelled.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
WHEN The Odd Couple gets cancelled...

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Is captain dude really leaving? I liked him a lot.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Still really digging this show, but sometimes it seems like they go out of their way to make Riggs unlikeable.

I did quite enjoy Bailey immediately coming to Cruz's defense with the Sheriff lady.

e: Goddammit, Riggs! Use a holster! And wear gloves if you're going to illegally search a person's house!

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 15, 2017

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Last night's episode was good. They brought back some cool stuff! I guess there have been 4 movies, but it's awesome that they still get some reference to the movies even now 12 episodes into the season

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I couldn't place where I saw Dino....holy poo poo he was Calvin Bunker on Banshee! Ha, and turns out he's from my town.

Also, episode was good.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well tonight's episode was pretty good. Cahill was in danger the whole time, plus we got to learn more stuff about Murtaugh's past. Great episode overall.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

They gently caress YOU at the drive-thru, okay? They gently caress YOU at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got hosed!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I love this show and I hope it gets picked up for another season.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Nice to see that there's some plot going on for the background characters now. Did not expect Murtaugh's wife to actually quit her job.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope Leo Getz shows up like once or twice a season

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope Leo Getz shows up like once or twice a season

He should be deployed like Doug Judy on Brooklyn 99.

Last night's ep was pretty amazing. Really felt like a mini-movie, just missing a couple extra plot beats and subplot or two. The last show I remember doing this really well was Human Target.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doug Judy is the best.

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
Renewed for a 2nd season

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
TV Leo Getzs better then movie Leo Getz.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

The episode last night was a little lame after the cool frat house chase, but who cares, SEASON 2!!!!

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well tonights episode was pretty crazy. Riggs punched that guy in the meeting and got suspended and they all basically dodged an RPG round. Oh, and more Karen Palmer, that was pretty cool as well.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Palmer goes alright.

Heavy dinner subject though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am disappointed that Trish isn't going to work with Leo Getz :saddowns:

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Maybe that will happen in season 2

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

That episode was absolutely bonkers. I loved it, but I'm not excited for the finale really. Hopefully the preview was misleading!

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm still pissed Riggs doesn't sleep on the Mertaugh's couch all the time and just hang out there to get his laundry done and eat all the bacon so Rodger can't. Make this buddy cop show about two buddies and how they become a big family, like Lethal Weapon 1-4. Also, when he and Palmer were hanging out in the beach rv, where was Rigg's dog?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I really hope they don't use this as an excuse to drive a wedge between Riggs and Palmer. I like her character and their chemistry.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

That's a wrap on season 1! The finale got way action movie, and I'm not sure how much mileage they're going to get out of the seeming season 2 direction, but we'll see.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

try the new taco place posted:

That's a wrap on season 1! The finale got way action movie, and I'm not sure how much mileage they're going to get out of the seeming season 2 direction, but we'll see.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna do the standard network procedural thing and wrap up the dangling plot threads in the first couple episodes before returning to case-of-the-week stuff.

Not that I'm complaining or anything, I'm not watching the show for highly serialized stories.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

How many episodes into season 2 until they reveal Gideon is still alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Watching the Cahill stalker episode again while its in syndication. I forgot about the part where Cahill invites Riggs to each with her and even orders him the Chicken Parmigiana.

EDIT:
I also forgot about Cahill's house blowing up too.

Vietnamwees fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 6, 2017

• Locked thread