Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

The answer is find a way to power robots with some sort of crank turned wheel. Then strap all libertarians to this Wheel of Pain to power the robots. But we can't feed them too much, otherwise they will get YOKED AS gently caress and destroy our perfect society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
There's also the issue that a publicly traded corporation can pay a lower dividend to shareholders in a lean year, but most people aren't comfortable with not having a fire department for twelve months if the state soup can monopoly has revenues fall short of projections.

wateroverfire
Jul 3, 2010

Dead Reckoning posted:

There's also the issue that a publicly traded corporation can pay a lower dividend to shareholders in a lean year, but most people aren't comfortable with not having a fire department for twelve months if the state soup can monopoly has revenues fall short of projections.

But the government can just pass a law that everyone must buy soup. :smuggo:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Notax posted:

So, can anyone think of a way, without resorting to hostages, to satisfactorily generate government revenue to provide services without taxation?

Proscription and seizure of assets. It's not resorting to hostages if you kill them and take their money. Worked okay for Sulla.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Arglebargle III posted:

Proscription and seizure of assets. It's not resorting to hostages if you kill them and take their money. Worked okay for Sulla.

Sometimes in my darker moments I think this is the appropriate penalty for overseas tax evasion.

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

Ddraig posted:

Full communism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Why is paying taxes so hard? I've been doing it ever since I've been making my own money. I look at my net pay on the check and go, yeah, that's pretty good. A poo poo load also goes into health and retirement which just ends up going back to me anyway.

• Locked thread