Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

IAmTheRad posted:

Yeah, this game doesn't take too long to beat. You could easily do it in an afternoon, unlike some 4X games.

Do you hate peasants? 30+ hearts or more in every county or else you are a monster.

I do have screenshots of the last county top left that was left alone and never saw a single army. It was pretty funny, will post them monday.

The end of this game is just a slog. Relentlessly boring, tedious, just annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Lord of the realms 2 is kind of similar in that regard. It would make for a sort of good arc of intensity when it comes to difficulty but all it really turns out to be is ehat ck2 is when you are winning, a chore.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I was wondering if all the endgames are like that, because I picked this up a couple years ago but never end up finishing a game. It probably doesn't help that I don't go very aggressive at the start.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The Empires versions of the warriors game tend to fall into that trap as well; you get enough territories to finally unlock the good poo poo, but by then your enemies have lost so much ground that you're really just stamping on cockroaches until the kitchen is cleared out.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Bonus update

I had control of everything except top left and the Earls castle. I wanted top left to fall first so I could have the entire country and The Earls castle would trigger the endgame.

Well gently caress. This county had never seen an army within it's borders. Apparently the computer is really really good at this game without a noble meddling in their affairs.

This is not going well. There are so many troops that my archers are useless. From my history of playing the game I believe that when archers are compressed to smaller number of visual units, like "1 figure is 10 men turns into 1 figure is 20 men" then the archers perform half as well. Their damage is based on arrows launched, less arrows launched means less damage done. This is what I've seen, not what the actual game mechanics are so I don't know if I'm right or not.

Things start going poorly, a peasant makes it to my archers.

But my swordsmen have almost broken the first unit facing them (6 hearts, at zero they break and run).

And now an entire unit of peasants comes after my archers. The only way my archers can keep them busy is to play keepaway.

And so we begin running all around the map.

The swordsmen have ~200 less peasants to fight, so they break a few units and things start looking up for me.

Time for the archers to run toward the swordsmen.

The archers pull up and begin firing point blank.

That was a much closer battle than I had anticipated. The fact the county had 1100 people it could raise in an army is just ridiculous.

431 cows. They have enough cows to feed 4310 people via dairy alone. There were over 3500 people in this county. My next highest population is 2300 in Gloucestershire.

So if there weren't any nobles in the game at all the entire country of England would prosper. I am sure there is a lesson to be learned in there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose when you don't have to raise conventional troops from a population they breed like rabbits.

• Locked thread