Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
The guy playing Wyatt is miscast, he is what you expect in an 80-90s Delta Force TV character, but I have no issue with his acting. But then the show sort of has that 90s TV show vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Both Wyatt and Lucy seem miscast. Not even a good actor could get anything out of the tired argument about whether or not they should change history by saving someone's life, which should have been put to bed in the first episode, but Wyatt and Lucy don't feel like they have a lot of chemistry. Rufus is definitely the most interesting character, both in terms of the acting and the writing, but it feels like he's trying to carry the story all on his own while Wyatt and Lucy have a petty, personal feud every episode and make up at the end of it.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I think I agree about Lucy being miscast but I can't really put a finger on why other than she has tv generic brunette appearance. I feel like we could swap her out with literally any brunette from any tv show and no one would notice. I feel bad saying that because I have nothing against the actress it's just she fits a type so well. Wyatt is easy, he's just too pretty boy and frankly doesn't look strong enough. I'm not as in love with Rufus acting, he's not bad but he's not showing much range, that could be the material. Wyatt has had the most opportunity to show range and I think he's doing fine. TV actors in general are usually unimpressive because they are often inexperienced and hired for their look more so than acting ability. I mostly watch this because my teenage daughter loves it so I sit with her. I expected it to be very bad and am just glad it's watchable.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Like I'm not expecting Wyatt to have scars all over the loving place but it seems like the toughest battle that special ops dude has had was getting his protein supplement to scan correctly at the self checkout at Target.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
They've at least given Wyatt some character development the last couple of episodes. Lucy and him, and Rufus really started showing some team chemistry in the Alamo episode. I think the characters will grow into their roles. Also at least the show got 3 more eps too to hopefully resolve some of its mystery stuff.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
So does Timeless not have a thread? How did that (not) happen.

VVVVVV brilliant VVVVVV

wormil fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 13, 2016

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
It did but history got rewritten so it's gone now.

More seriously, Falling Water continues to be the best kind of trippy slow-burn series.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

I'm not sure how I feel about Stan Against Evil. On one hand Doctor Cox is hilarious as Doctor Cox playing Stan. On the other hand the whole premise is pretty weak and its clearly an excuse to bite off some evil dead money.

But then there's this:

I think maybe this sort of thing should be encouraged.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

John McGinty (Dr. Cox) is what makes Stan Against Evil. Otherwise it would be just an Ash vs. Evil Dead retread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Stan is a fun and goofy show, kinda like Wrecked. I'm enjoying it.

• Locked thread