Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Does this game lack a per match economy system where you get resources and spend it on upgrades throughout the match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Zudgemud posted:

Does this game lack a per match economy system where you get resources and spend it on upgrades throughout the match?
The economy and upgrade system is simplified compared to other MOBAs, but it is there and it is very important since any level differences will make an impact.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

You cap mines and kill ships to gain resources, which when the team gains enough you'll go up a level. That will increase your stats across the board. On levels 3,6,9 you'll have the choice to add a bonus to attack, defense, or utility.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
Bigass update + hotfixes. I think the game is more fun now. Anyone still playing? Would love to get some people on discord to stomp pubbies.

Gladiator with sequential cannons and phalanx fire is dope as hell

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I'm still on pretty often. I don't know if I'm a fan yet of the smaller lanes but that plus the mining ships you can shoot and the lowered respawn time certainly reduce the down time during games.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I think the new sizing is a little too small. Combined with the faster respawns and you get a kill but it almost feels meaningless - you haven't bought yourself 60s + transit time worth of 'breathing space' from that same ship coming back at you. This has played out a lot lately in Frontline: I did a 1v1 and won. Second enemy ship came in and I started fighting it. Before I could even finish it off, first one was back on the point - full health and upgraded. It's like I traded time for nothing, and that kill certainly didn't mean I had a chance of capturing a mine.

i think some speeding up of things was valuable - there were times when I just died and alt-tabbed because I wasn't going to be back in the fight for a long time - but the way it is now I think it's a little too much. I liked knowing that if I put some lovely Displacer or Raven or whatever down for the count it was going to stay gone long enough for me to accomplish something. I don't feel that now, especially against the AI.

I also think the changes do some bad things to alpha ships like an Interceptor or anything with a magazine-reload system. I'd like to see a small increase in lane size (smaller than old, bigger than new) and a slightly slower respawn clock, and then try that out, see what ships need modification at that point. Because some ships will need changes to be competitive when you can't trade distance for time the way you used to be able to.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

lmao all heavies best composition. buncha butthurt pubbies on the other team

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I played a match with two of those guys I think right after and they were raving about 5x heavies. Of course the rest of our team wouldn't get on board, because pubbies.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

Parallelwoody posted:

I played a match with two of those guys I think right after and they were raving about 5x heavies. Of course the rest of our team wouldn't get on board, because pubbies.

What's your steam username? I don't remember seeing your SA name after that match but i could be wrong

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Smoove Jazz is my steam name. While I haven't tried it out myself, I'm getting feedback from better players than me that 2x paragon is really good.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The Levi 426 (30 day login reward) is pretty drat high quality; it's got custom effects for almost everything (guns, beam, jumping, beacon deploy, sound effects) and I like the Leviathan, so color me impressed at a $0 investment except clicking a button once a day paying off in spades.

I'll know what day 31-60 are tomorrow, assuming they give me a roadmap, but I'm real interested in the new ship they're teasing. Deployable turrets with guns and missiles? Yes, yes indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Day 31-60 rewards are as you'd expect. Standard mix of creds, DNA, plat, pods, implants, and whatnot, but day 52 is an unknown ship and day 60 is an unknown ultimate. Same silhouette for both. It looks unfortunately (or fortunately) phallic.

Assuming I can add, at the end of day 60 you'll have:
1 unknown ship/ultimate
4 Gold pods
4 Silver pods
1 Crew pod
1 Implant Pod
250 platinum
137,000 credits
3000 DNA

If they even do something half as good as Levi 426, I'm really liking this as a method of player retention.

• Locked thread