Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who would win in an epic showdown
Goku
Superman
Saitama
Gilgamesh
View Results

• Locked thread
TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Hey, if Professor Lorhalien drops Calamity, does his Bond goes away before I take the damage? It's gonna be close (it's unclear just exactly when we bloodied Calamity), but I think her highest-damage attack might be enough, especially with the boost from the Punishing Eye.

Then again, does the Eye go away if/when I get knocked unconscious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

A power will specify if it ends when you go unconscious/die, so the eye is a set it and forget it thing.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Re-read the wording on the Calamity bond power and it triggers off being hit by an attack power, so it would be resolved before the damage was applied and killed the thing.

Jasper's chance of getting through this still standing on his feet is for the Professor to delay after it and for the Calamity to hopefully not smack Jasper around.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Successful Businessmanga posted:

Re-read the wording on the Calamity bond power and it triggers off being hit by an attack power, so it would be resolved before the damage was applied and killed the thing.

Jasper's chance of getting through this still standing on his feet is for the Professor to delay after it and for the Calamity to hopefully not smack Jasper around.

I mean let's be real if Calamity attacks Jasper he's dropping below zero unless the Professor gets over to Jasper and passes a DC10 heal check so Jasper can Second Wind immediately but not get the defense bonus. Which will then cause Calamity to reapply the thing to Jasper anyway so whatever it's only negative bloodied that matters for actually dying.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Guardian counter guys. I got this

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

ArkInBlack posted:

I mean let's be real if Calamity attacks Jasper he's dropping below zero unless the Professor gets over to Jasper and passes a DC10 heal check so Jasper can Second Wind immediately but not get the defense bonus. Which will then cause Calamity to reapply the thing to Jasper anyway so whatever it's only negative bloodied that matters for actually dying.

Jasper already second winded :v:.

berenzen posted:

Guardian counter guys. I got this

Which knocks Jasper unconscious anyway because you'll be making a melee basic attack against the Calamity as part of that power haha.

It's really not a big deal anyway, oh no Jasper fell unconscious in the last 6 seconds of the fight! Whatever will we do? :v:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

The likelihood of me hitting is like 40%- I still have -5 to all my attacks. so I need to hit on a 13 or above.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 14, 2017

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011

Successful Businessmanga posted:

It's really not a big deal anyway, oh no Jasper fell unconscious in the last 6 seconds of the fight! Whatever will we do? :v:

I concur. Staying conscious is nice, but as long as you guys finish the battle ASAP, it's not the end of the world if I'm sleeping it off.

TychoBrahesNose fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 16, 2017

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Melchiresa posted:

Phantom Chasm vs Will: 1d20+9 29 2d6+6 12

natural 20, therefore: 18 damage + Crit damage, per magic weapon: 1d8 6 + 5 from the eye= 29

:woop:

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Hey y'all what's up? Anyone else want to post in this scene before we move on?

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Yeah, weekends are busy for me so I'll have post up after work tonight

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Been juggling illness and family drama the last few weeks, but I should be in a more stable position here soon haha. I'll have a post up sometime in the afternoon, but for now I'm just gonna ask for a small clarification on the boon.

Mince Pieface posted:

Recharge Power (Minor Action):

This being treated as an encounter power? Or is it an actual recharge power where we roll a d6 at the end of each turn to see if it comes back online? If the latter we need the recharge number :v:.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I couldn't find the term for it in the compendium, but there's a type of item action that is treated as a daily power, but can be refreshed by spending surges and I don't think is technically a Daily power for the purposes of things that care about that.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
I think it's Surge? like three items baseline use it so it's pretty uncommon.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I'm preparing to run a larp at a local convention so I might not be able to update until Monday

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I'm shoveling my way out of a busy situation right now, so that works for me :v:. I'll try and have a substantial post up for you by monday at the latest.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
My desk leg busted so I'm gonna be phone only for a bit which is the great for big posting

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Paging berenzen. Sorry that this sequence hasn't had too much for your character, but there will be more relevant stuff coming up!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sorry, life has been kicking me while I've been down with school and work. I'll see if I can't get a post up here. Sorry.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

berenzen posted:

Sorry, life has been kicking me while I've been down with school and work. I'll see if I can't get a post up here. Sorry.

Yer cool! I totally understand.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

If anyone cares I have the (somewhat goofier) original tabloid that this is cropped from, which is a prop I made for a LARP a couple years ago and culled a lot of ideas for this game from.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
If you're worried about it being too goofy I just introduced fantasy Nancy Drew to use a an anchor point for a magic ritual. But also yes please, let's see it in full

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Here's the original: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B96K2I98SMcETFY0dE1LLUxIZnc/view?usp=sharing
It was pretty ridiculous and most of it wasn't meant to be canon at the time.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
It's not goofy at all! It's actually pretty awesome :buddy:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Alas for the ham lovers of the world, we lost a good one. :v:

e: I'd say I've been busy lately, but really I sprained my ankle a couple of weeks back and lazing in bed while it reaches a walkable level of pain has basically leeched me of the effort for good posting haha. I'm back at like 80% so I'll try and keep the posts coming in quick succession now.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 25, 2017

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Hey guys, just checking in. Do people want to move on from this scene? You could take this in some more social or .... active routes here if the library is boring :v:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sorry I thought I had posted Gina's plans, I'll get on fixing that tonight

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Will have a post up in the next day or three. My boss has been out sick for the last two weeks, so doing parts of his job as well as my own has been kicking my rear end lately.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
I'm pretty good moving on whenever everyone else is.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah we got a decent plot hook there, if we wanna go do something rough and tumble we can go follow up on the Diesa lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I've had a stressful week, sorry for the delay. There's a couple ways you could go from here but it seems like the consensus is investigating the Nails? I'm having Lady Octavia overhear to provide an easy next hook for that route, but if anyone would rather go after the Arena connection or the Black family connection instead, that is also an option.

• Locked thread