Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

DeepDickPizza posted:

:smith: Dusty looked really sad in that presser. Sorta felt bad for him.

His manager career was born under a pretty cruel star, tbh: every team he's managed, he's turned them around from loser to winner (except the Nats, who were already pretty good), and gotten them farther than they've been for years prior, and yet only to fall short in a manner similar to this.

Either he pulls his starter too early in a decisive game or he leaves them in too long. The double switch leads to a kid brought in for defense being the last batter with your season on the line against a presumptive Hall Of Fame pitcher working as the emergency reliever. Somehow whatever he does ends up being the wrong move.

Real Talk: if the Nats had advanced there's a real chance I'd have temp-bandwagoned the Nats in the hope that Dusty could finally get one.

Mister Perky fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Real talk don't bunt with 6 outs left in your season

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

extra stout posted:

I don't think the Washington Senators have been a good team since they lost Harmon Killebrew

Technically they never did

• Locked thread