Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw these for sale i na box set at Newbury Comics and it looked cool and it was cheap compared to Amazon so I bought them, are these as good movies as this arrow boxset makes it out to be? Also I know nothing about them, do I start from movie 1 and go on? Thanks goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Haven't seen them but I trust Arrow so I think you made the right call.

e: & congrats on winning the long game w/r/t: the Harmonix games company

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
They're amazing but I haven't seen all 9 hours or whatever. Hoping to catch them at a real live showing one day.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

These are Kinji Fukasaku's movies, right? I've seen Yakuza Graveyard which is pretty good, have you started watching them yet? I love that Takeshi Kitano's directorial debut happened because Fukasaku couldn't commit to Violent Cop, but I still wonder what a Fukasaku directed Violent Cop would've looked like. Thanks for reminding me of this series, I gotta dive back into this guy's filmography.

Also, this is cool as gently caress.

quote:

When told he had terminal cancer and only a few months to live, doctors recommended that he remain in the hospital so he could get treatment. Instead, he ignored their warnings because of his passion for filmmaking and proceeded to begin directing Battle Royale II (2003).

e: This is the set that I got Yakuza Graveyard in

https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Grav...=Kinji+Fukasaku

But man, that Arrow box set of Battles is sexy as hell.

https://www.amazon.com/Battles-With...=Kinji+Fukasaku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXNaUDTLUak

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 20, 2016

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
This series has been on my radar for a while but its not available for streaming anywhere or I'd have checked it out a long time ago.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't watche dit yet you made me excited though; if you have a Newbury Comics check them out, i got the big Battles set for only $99 which is crazy.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ruddiger posted:

Also, this is cool as gently caress.

He probably should have taken his doctor's advice.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I've had a few of these kicking around forever, but I've only watched the first one. Eventually the repeated use of that one horn sting with each successive mob hit just reaches a level of black comic absurdity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
These own. I'm surprised they haven't been reprinted more honestly.

• Locked thread