Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BWV
Feb 24, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

How many times did you vomit?

None cause I just stop reading. But seriously. I've seen things get contentious and the Texas and Cleveland goons were real chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cleveland is good and I hope they shithouse either of the two other horrible fanbases

Pretty much this

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Cleveland beating the Cubs would be funny and cool.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Honestly as much as I want a Cleveland WS win I would still be totally happy with the Cubs winning too

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Lebron has opened up the new portal to a Cleveland dynasty like Boston had last decade.

Well except the Browns who are unfixable.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
ALCS MVP must be The Circumstance, right?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Cleveland is going to win the world series over the cubs on a balk and I am going to laugh forever

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

marioinblack posted:

Lebron has opened up the new portal to a Cleveland dynasty like Boston had last decade.

These are truths. And gently caress the Browns.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
Congrats Cleveland

bastards

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

marioinblack posted:

Cavs: 2016 NBA Champions
Indians: 2016 AL Champions(and maybe 2016 WS Champions)
Browns: 2016 NFL Participant.

I would buy that on a shirt in a heartbeat.

Browns will probably have the #1 overall pick next year. So maybe they'll win the generational talent lottery.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ACL MVP Andrew Miller

Also, I don't believe in this type of poo poo but it's really funny that ESPN aired that Cleveland failure doc and then like 2 hours later Cleveland's Stipe Miocic wins the UFC HW title, the Cavs win the NBA finals in June, that AHL team wins a title and now this.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 20, 2016

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Good to see Miller fight through those ligament issues and become the ACL Championship Series MVP.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

wilderthanmild posted:

Browns will probably have the #1 overall pick next year. So maybe they'll win the generational talent lottery.

Would buy one of these so fast.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'm happy for the Indians but man even if they win the world series I 100% guarantee they're still going to be the also-rans in that city behind the Browns, LeBrons, and probably the Lake Erie Monsters.

wilderthanmild posted:

:same:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Joey Bats trying to walk back his pre-game poo poo-talking

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
Windians!!!!!!

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

wilderthanmild posted:

I would wear this with pride. Until Cleveland gets over the Browns fixation and stops making them money, they will never improve.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

marioinblack posted:

Tom Brady is going to be 60 and still leading the Patriots to the Super Bowl.

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

Cleveland only had one left hander start a game in the whole season? Dodgers salivating over that.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

wilderthanmild posted:

If the Indians win the World Series and some variation on these shirts is not made, the world is in deeper poo poo than I thought.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

I'm happy for the Indians but man even if they win the world series I 100% guarantee they're still going to be the also-rans in that city behind the Browns, LeBrons, and probably the Lake Erie Monsters.

:eng101: It's the Cleveland Monsters now. They changed the name this off-season, which is dumb because Lake Erie Monsters had a cool ring to it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

wilderthanmild posted:

:eng101: It's the Cleveland Monsters now. They changed the name this off-season, which is dumb because Lake Erie Monsters had a cool ring to it.

Yeah I remember hearing that but god LE sounds so much better

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DeepDickPizza posted:

If the Indians win the World Series and some variation on these shirts is not made, the world is in deeper poo poo than I thought.

I mean there's always sites like redbubble

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

wilderthanmild posted:

The Lake Erie Monsters are also named after a "real" Nessie-like monster supposedly native to Lake Erie. Cleveland Monsters sounds much less cool.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
If Cleveland wins the whole thing, hopefully they can retire the name a winner and go back to being the Spiders

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
They should become the lake Erie Indians just for confusion.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ESPN has the exclusive radio rights to the WS, so Hammy and Rosenhaus will only be on WTAM's terrestrial signal. All the other stations will have ESPN's feed.

That is an absolute loving crime. :argh:

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Indians fans, sincere congrats! 👍🏾

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Vintimus Prime posted:

Indians fans, sincere congrats! 👍🏾

I will miss the chill Blue Jays fans. I hope National League goons don't suck.

SlumPrincess
Jan 1, 2006

Soon....soon I'm gonna make you a star

hanales posted:

I will miss the chill Blue Jays fans. I hope National League goons don't suck.

Then pray the Cubs don't make it

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

DeepDickPizza posted:

This is also the year that saw the deaths of Prince and David Bowie, both GOATs in their own right. Perhaps we will see the death of one more goat.

While it's too bad Prince Fielder's career was cut a little short, I don't think he was quite that good.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Lake Erie Monster is also a delicious, high ABV beer.

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510

DeepDickPizza posted:

Lake Erie Monster is also a delicious, high ABV beer.

It's true

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

If Cleveland wins the whole thing, hopefully they can retire the name a winner and go back to being the Spiders

I would love to retire the chief, but the name Indians is great. The Indians were named in honor of Louis Sockalexis the first American Indian to play in Major League Baseball.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I'd like them to come up with a new mascot that isn't just a caricature. The block C is an incredibly boring logo for hats and uniforms.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Just make Slider the non-C logo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

Just make Slider the non-C logo.

poo poo, Sliders wouldn't be bad team name, really

HarlanHell posted:

I would love to retire the chief, but the name Indians is great. The Indians were named in honor of Louis Sockalexis the first American Indian to play in Major League Baseball.

I understand the name is meant to be a sign of respect but a lot of native folks hate it and ultimately I think their opinion matters more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

poo poo, Sliders wouldn't be bad team name, really

I understand the name is meant to be a sign of respect but a lot of native folks hate it and ultimately I think their opinion matters more.

Most of the American Indians I've met have no problem with the name. Just like most prefer to be called American Indians rather than Native American. . I've talked to a few who saw the name as an honor, but almost universally I've found that Chief Wahoo needs to go. Personally I'm a fan of the block C anyway, and I go out of my way to remove Wahoo from any jersey I buy. The Redskins on the other hand can go straight to hell. Thats a name change that needed to happen at least three decades ago.

• Locked thread