Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Beatmania IIDX is considered one of if not hardest of the music games out there so it scares a lot of people off. There are however approachable games you could check out such as Jubeat (most popular for people new to bemani), Pop'N Music, Sound Voltex or if you need to meme it up and be gross Osu!

Playing at home I would suggest Jubeat if you have an iPad as it's on the App Store or Osu! (Sorry if I triggered anyone suggesting Osu!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

flyboi posted:

(Sorry if I triggered anyone suggesting Osu!)

IIDX probably has the tightest timing window of any music/rhythm game, but don't let that (or the gameplay from this weekend's stream) scare you off. There are tons of easier (configurations of) songs to play. The stuff they were playing on stream last night was around like 5th percentile hardest stuff in the game. 3y3s (Long Ver.) is easily the hardest song that's ever been in the game, IMO.

enojy fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 23, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Discount Viscount posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sN24p3q2YQ

If somehow it isn't this and turns out to be an older game it's Bump 'n Jump/Burnin' Rubber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99gnxjpeL7s

Seeing a video of LED Storm is what made me start thinking about it, because it was so close to LED Storm but not actually it. Turns out its Bump n Jump, thank you!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had the decade wrong because I misremembered how good it looked

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lol at the track and field guy breaking a button, starting like 10 seconds late, and still smoking the cpu

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I'm pretty sure I'm better at Excitebike than these guys :smug:

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Is there an updated/final VOD listing anywhere, by chance?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Well, it was pretty decent overall from what I saw, but I kinda feel like they could've stood to put more actual arcade games in rather than glorified NES ports, and it seemed pretty unnecessary to go through the second loop on most of them (although I guess that's part of the 1cc / score run standard or something? but it was kind of tedious to watch). It's not like there's a lack of arcade games to play, right? It would've been nice if they put more of the actual arcade games during daytime hours instead of overnight, too.
But if this is the first one they've ever done, so if they plan on making it a regular thing then hopefully they'll improve things as they go and attract more talent in the future. It's a nice thing to have between GDQs since this is not the kind of thing I'd seek out to watch otherwise.

flyboi posted:

Beatmania IIDX is considered one of if not hardest of the music games out there so it scares a lot of people off. There are however approachable games you could check out such as Jubeat (most popular for people new to bemani), Pop'N Music, Sound Voltex or if you need to meme it up and be gross Osu!

Playing at home I would suggest Jubeat if you have an iPad as it's on the App Store or Osu! (Sorry if I triggered anyone suggesting Osu!)

I assume by "Osu!" you mean something other than the Ouendan games on DS, because it would make me sad to know that there are people out there that hate Ouendan.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
There's a pc version that is anime and full of an awful community that ripped off the game and it's called Osu!

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Why does anyone care about the community around a music game. Just play the songs and have fun.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

leather fedora posted:

Is there an updated/final VOD listing anywhere, by chance?

Here you go!

http://pastebin.com/ms40h0LG

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Great, thanks!

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Demicol posted:

Why does anyone care about the community around a music game. Just play the songs and have fun.

From what I can understand, most of the Osu players are from South America, and carry with them the same stereotypes as South American players of any other online F2P game.

Also, the creator of the game programmed the game to take screenshots of user desktops upon login and remotely, and said it was a "security" feature to prevent people from cheating in leaderboards. There was a controversy recently because someone outted him for doing so and posted the source code as proof.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
im pretty sure the dude who runs osu has a nude of some girl i found on kik, based on that info, so grats, to the dude who runs osu

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
why is this still stickied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

why is this still stickied

Arcade games are cool

• Locked thread