Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

hillo posted:

how hard can it be, just drive to the shop and buy poo poo.

Pretty god damned hard the first couple times. Don't give him poo poo for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

For real. I took several lives before I finally made it to the shop and back in one piece, and even then I still flipped the van.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

ShootaBoy posted:

For real. I took several lives before I finally made it to the shop and back in one piece, and even then I still flipped the van.

It's pretty awesome when you flip the van by the mailboxes near your house.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

or when you finally make it only to realize the fan belt clipped through the van floor and went somewhere oh and I took the long way around this time :suicide:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I just played for the first time since before Christmas and got my gift box. The blinky lights inside the car look amazing.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Met posted:

Pretty god damned hard the first couple times. Don't give him poo poo for that.

You need just little bit of patience, you can't just drive your 80's hiace @100kmh+ to every place. You actually have to drive more like in real life than you would in a video game. I've almost droven to a ditch too many times IRL so after my first death in the game I realized maybe it's better to just take it easy.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Found a mod that puts the tach on the dash so it doesnt cover up the speedo:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/change-tachometer-position.13289/

Enjoy!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
So I finally got my Satsuma built and upgraded :v:

I'm going to take the engine off the engine mounts, put it on the boat and toss it in the lake. Then Ill piss off the rear end in a top hat in front of the pub, die, and start over.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Sisyphean's Summer Car

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

New patch!

https://www.suomistriimit.com/visto/changelog.txt

They changed the map a bit and let you sleep in the Gifu now!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Hows that Jalopy me-too game on Steam? It looks like a straight up shameless clone.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Jalopy is nothing like MSC. Its like a space trucking game except instead of space goods you are smuggling cartons of cigarettes and instead of space shields and space engines you have a modular car that you buy parts for that tick stats up or down.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I've seen Jalopy described as a "road trip roguelike" which seems accurate. It's less about the mechanics of your car than My Summer Car is, and more about hoping you find enough packages of discarded hot dogs by the side of the road so you can afford to buy a repair kit at your next stop because your engine is smoking AGAIN.

It's a fun game, but very different from MSC.

(edit): for what it's worth, Jalopy came out before MSC even went into early access or had a public demo available so I don't think it was trying to clone anyone.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Jalopy actually came out before this. It's also about a cross-European road trip in a hosed up eastbloc car.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
awww geeze forgive my ignorance guys

e: but thanks for the clarification

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Patch is out!

There's a bug with the sauna bucket and the train track creates a shortcut that I don't think will stay in very long.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Loving the new shortcut.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yesterday's Patch

quote:

-New version of the "Push" system, should work better while being less glitchy (or not!)
-Fixed issue where player was at risk of dying after riding with the drunk driver
-Fixed issue where yellow car driver did not begin to drive
-Fixed occasional double pricing of bought fuel
-Force feedback should work for all vehicles now
-Ability to brew Kilju and use Juice cans as storing containers
-Ability to sell Kilju for the drunk lifter when he is at home
-Drunk lifter now tells you his life story when you are giving him a ride
-Player can now sleep on Satsuma rear seat
-Added Intro
-Swamp area makes your vehicles stuck now
-Alternator and Oil filter cannot be moved by hand if Tool-mode is selected
-Adjusted timing of Fleetari calling about his car
-Fixed issue with Fleetari services repair time
-Added longer rear coil springs as an option
-Fixed bug where rear trail arms could be detached while wheels stayed in place
-Fixed bug with some of the fluid indicators getting stuck when closing the caps
-Added customizable rear window sticker
-Fixed possible bus spawning issue
-Disabling HUD (F2) now also disables the crosshair
-When passing out at the cottage island, player will wake up at the cottage
-Fixed bug where player was able to throttle and adjust mixture with detached carburettor
-Player can now climb back on to the boat

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
http://i.imgur.com/djPK50q.gifv

quote:

UPDATE 20.03.2017 - TRAIN!
MARCH 20 - TOPLESSGUN

-Added train

// No, you cannot travel with it, but you can crash with it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Does this game go on bigger sales than the Steam 20% off? I'm curious about it, but not that curious and also cheap.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

So this is now a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH0I47lVSHc

This loving game :allears:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Snowy posted:

Does this game go on bigger sales than the Steam 20% off? I'm curious about it, but not that curious and also cheap.
It's the first sale since release.

If you have any affinity at all to car repair it's absolutely worth experiencing it turned into a pixel hut in adventure but otherwise it's just the unholy spawn of goat simulator and farm simulator.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Text renders too fast, 3/10

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

zedprime posted:

It's the first sale since release.

If you have any affinity at all to car repair it's absolutely worth experiencing it turned into a pixel hut in adventure but otherwise it's just the unholy spawn of goat simulator and farm simulator.

And UnReal World

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If MSC survival was as featured as UnReal World I'd just become a video game finn for the rest of my life, or at least a couple weeks.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Is it connected to an IRC? If the only access to it was in-game I imagine it would be quite empty all the time.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

zedprime posted:

If MSC survival was as featured as UnReal World I'd just become a video game finn for the rest of my life, or at least a couple weeks.

Imagine a mashup. You're an immortal Finnish Highlander, fishing, punching bears, making lob cabins. A few millennia pass and now you're punching drunks, emptying septic tanks, and honking beer-y burps into the engine compartment of your FInnish shitbox.

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
I used Steam video streaming and Dicsord voice chat to get a friend to help me with the Satsuma.
We spent an hour fixing a loose belt, an oil loss issue, some loose steering screws. Then I actually managed to drive fo roughly 40 meters before blowing out a cylinder.

MULTIPLAYER

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

It's great when you finally get it to start and you're like "IT'S WORKING! IT'S WORKING!" and then you hop in it and go to drive it to the repairshop to get the alignment fine-tuned and you hit the first bump on the gravel road and the muffler falls off, the gastank falls out, one of the tires rolls away and a cylinder gets launched into the bushes.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Hey guys, it's been a long while since I have played. Where the hell did the fan belt go. I've looked around the grocery shop but I can't find it as it was moved or something when we got a fire extinguisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

jadebullet posted:

Hey guys, it's been a long while since I have played. Where the hell did the fan belt go. I've looked around the grocery shop but I can't find it as it was moved or something when we got a fire extinguisher.

I think you buy it from the mechanic now.

• Locked thread