Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

The existence of Bulgaria Ootsuki makes British Ootsuki much funnier. It’s not like they all existed full formed from the start. They had to stick around for a while and develop. It means Ootsuki has thought about getting some British food on many occasions and has deliberately said no every single time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He didnt even realize Bulgarian food existed, while everyone I guess has heard of fish and chips.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Kit Walker posted:

The existence of Bulgaria Ootsuki makes British Ootsuki much funnier. It’s not like they all existed full formed from the start. They had to stick around for a while and develop. It means Ootsuki has thought about getting some British food on many occasions and has deliberately said no every single time

Quite possibly for the best if the rising obesity rate in the western world is anything to go by.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Someone should tell him about... I don't know, roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, the full English breakfast, er... crumpets? Scones with cream and jam?

Edit: I once spent New Year's Eve in a British pub in Tokyo with this random aussie bloke I met in the subway. I think I had... skewers? Chips maybe?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Nobody posting lavender jack any more?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Vanish Coast by Pat Grant.

Bit of Australian gothic. And I feel it. Things have become smooth, shiny. New and safe. And way too fuckin expensive. Some things were really poo poo in the past but also theres stuff I miss about it.

'...I still tell lies with my pen.' is a good raw line.

This is great, and it's the same guy that did The Grot, which is a pro read

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

More haunting tales from the weird island down under.

Toormina Video by Pat Grant 1/3

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Emzedoh posted:

Edit: I once spent New Year's Eve in a British pub in Tokyo with this random aussie bloke I met in the subway. I think I had... skewers? Chips maybe?

I don't think this is how that Men At Work song goes, but I could be wrong

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

This is great, and it's the same guy that did The Grot, which is a pro read

Seconded. It's incredible.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Deptfordx posted:

Nobody posting lavender jack any more?

i think the poster is just taking a break for a bit i forget exactly but they mentioned something like that

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I like that the lesson of Simon Hanselmann's, and Pat Grant's work, is that Australia will gently caress you up.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Bloody hell. :(

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Feb 24, 1946)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I don't think Aunt Adolfa approves of her nephews

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Tree Bucket posted:

Hang on, are like half the posters itt Australian?

Yeah why's that

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Oh crikey!

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
It's a particular kind of Australian too. For example, I bet you all remember and liked TISM.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

God I love this comic. A masterclass of subtlety.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh no its older burned out australians

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Fagtastic posted:

It's a particular kind of Australian too. For example, I bet you all remember and liked TISM.

Does that make me an honorary auzzie?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Fagtastic posted:

whatareya

TISM were also known in NZ

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Owl at Home posted:

Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (Feb 24, 1946)

it remains wild to me how eager val is to participate in slavery

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it remains wild to me how eager val is to participate in slavery

Turnabout’s fair play I guess

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

How to Find the Apple Jelly Empress from Natashaa Ramoutar and Helena Ramos Giménez / The City We Chose.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

:(

Squidster posted:

How to Find the Apple Jelly Empress from Natashaa Ramoutar and Helena Ramos Giménez / The City We Chose.

I love me some fae bullshit. This is really good in general, and might have sold me on that anthology.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Different Country Diary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

whatareya

TISM were also known in NZ

I was surprised to remember that I know one (1) TISM song. It was the backing music to a Goonfleet recruitment video I watched back in uni, Thunderbirds Are Coming Out.

Oh hey, I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmcqEwX6tEc

Never played much Eve, but I used to follow the meta-narrative a bit.

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 72: D-Spot Tornado

The scene Hideyoshi is remembering is one the more famous stories about how he started his rise to power - as a (comparatively?) lowly servant, Hideyoshi is said to have impressed Nobunaga by keeping Nobunaga's sandals warm with his own body heat.

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 37.1: For the Correct Use of Achievements

Cheevos.