Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

SA Vanessa Chambers

With a calm, reassuring expression, Vanessa approaches Old Nick. She holds out her hand, which has a card with her contact information on it. "I understand," she says. "That couldn't have been an easy thing for anyone to see. If you don't want to talk right now, that's fine. It's just some routine questions. We'll investigate the scene for now, and you can call us if you recall any details that might help us, alright?

Calm down Old Nick, build trust: 6d10o9h8 2
I assumed my Empathy specialty in Emotions applied, I'll roll again if it doesn't. It's also one of my Asset skills.

Orbs fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
presence+empathy I think, and yes, please.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Blake

Blake knows she's out of her depth with detailed investigation of the scene, especially compared to the other agents, and after Amundsen's act, she figures its best not to overwhelm Old Nick by ganging up on him. Let Agent Chambers see what she can do.

Instead, Blake's doing something more in her wheelhouse. She takes a step back and looks at the big picture, walks around the site, tries to figure out the ways in or out, whether someone would be seen. How she would try to get in if she didn't want to be seen. Not the why, but the how, the gross mechanics of the thing. That, and to see how well the place can be monitored. For two reasons - maybe the killer stalked the victim for a time, in which case where did they watch from? And second, could they be watching the investigation unfold now?

Blake's far from a veteran in this, but she has at least a little experience with it. And its more in line with her instincts.

Investigation (Big Picture): 4d10o10h8 4

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
I suppose I should actually provide the details of the scene, huh

The interior of the junk yard is a haphazard labyrinth of paths through high-stacked scrap metal and appliances, and it's easy to imagine getting lost in the mazelike pathways. The ground of the juncture at which the murder took place is stained dark with blood. The dismembered body is gone, but there are tags marking the locations where they were found, and you've all seen the photographs. A small trail of blood leads deeper into the stacks, but terminates before it can tell much of anything useful.

It's a little hard to tell, with all the blood, but there are signs of a bit of a struggle here, too.

Old Nick settles back into his chair, his anger spent. "Yeah, I understand," he mutters. "I heard a noise last night, like I told the sheriff, but I just took it for wild animals again. There's a few that like to nest in the stacks, where it's dry and out of the wind, see. But then in the morning I found..." He looks ill.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

SA Vanessa Chambers

"Yeah, that must have been hard," she says, nodding solemnly. "Might help ease it a little to tell us about him. Did you know Dylan very well? The Sheriff says he and other teenagers liked to sneak into your scrapyard pretty often, so I imagine you at least knew a little bit about him."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Special Agent Robin Thompson

As Payne focuses on the crime scene, Robin starts to wander into the stacks more aimlessly. Rather than trying to have a fixed idea of what she's looking forward, she focuses on keeping on open mind for things that might be out of place. As much as anything can be out of place in a junkyard, anyway.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
SA Jacob Payne

Jacob consider the scant known facts. The left arm wasn't found with the rest of the body. Unless the killer took the time to wait for it to drain of blood or wrapped it up (and Jacob considers that unlikely, this killer doesn't seem the patient or careful sort) it must have left a trail. Was this the trail here, leading into the stacks? Is there any impression of where it may have lain? Pulling out a flashlight to shine under car parts and kitchenware he goes for a closer look.

Not sure i I need to keep rolling or if my previous investigate roll will cover me.

Wits + Investigation (Crime Scene): 5d10o9h8 0

Well, poo poo. Hope the previous roll still stands! TBH I'd appreciate more feedback on the outcome of our rolls, dunno if that's how you're doing things though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

SA Levi Montgomery

Levi notes something down in his little notebook, then looks up. "If we could get a list of names for the teenagers that you know, that would be very helpful, sir, along with any employees you may have. Just to rule them all out" He smiles brightly, the thoughts of how to prepare for the murder flicking through his head. "Here -" He rips out a piece of paper and offers his pen. "- if you could just write down all the names here. And - could you tell me where the bathroom is?"

He makes a note to check for an icebox or freezer once he gets inside. He doesn't expect to find the arm in there, but...best to be sure.

Manip+Persuasion: 1 success.

• Locked thread