Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Tripolitania must be restored to Ottoman Rule!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Nuramor posted:

But there aren't even any tanks yet...

Hows the manpower growth in the game? I saw you were at 2896 for the germans at the beginning of the update and at 3067 at the end, with a dip in between.

It does not grow for most powers. Britain, France, and Germany all get manpower from convoys. In my opinion, way too much from them. Once your manpower dips enough your economy starts to suffer. Eventually your troop quality can drop too. Germany is unlikely to fall far enough. AH and the Ottomans might, depends on how much I use up.

Oh, and tanks are getting closer. ;)

mercenarynuker posted:

Gotta do Libya, most bang for your buck without abandoning your troops to fend for themselves. Is there anyway to get them airship/bomber support in their siege? Also, plunking down ships in sea-access tiles affect a city's supply/morale, or are the only blockades of the informal "sink their poo poo before it gets there" sort?

Probably no air support. Would have to ship it over separately and can only ship two units at a time right now (technically three, one from each power but the Ottomans do not have any to spare). I might be able to bring some over in a second wave once the first wave lands. I would rather have a pair of infantry units then infantry and a fighter.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

May - June 1915
______________________________________________________________________________________________

11 May

Tech Bulgaria develops Mustard gas.

The Med

The Italian subs found the AH dreadnoughts trying to flee to port and sank the fleet. The AH surface fleet is no more. Fortunately they have ships under construction but I want to build a replacement dreadnought fleet when the chance comes up. Meanwhile the AH subs start messing with some British pre-dreadnoughts and inflict some damage.

The Sicily force pushes forward. They are in half supply but so are the Italians. AH morale drops from 125% to 100% due to the loss of the fleet. Going to have to delay the Libya operation until more of the AH fleet comes online.

North Sea/Atlantic

All quiet as we wait for more convoys and the German fleet is being repaired.

Western Front

London down to 10/28 production.

Eastern Front

Brest-Litovsk is flanked, should make taking the fortress much easier. German fighters are built. Some are earmarked for Egypt.

Romania

Arad is flanked and the Bulgarians are slowed in the attack as they have already run out of ammunition for their artillery. Probably should have prepared for the war a little better.

Italy

Still no real progress.

Egypt

Repairs.

Caucasus

Formed a new pocket. The Ottomans are proving themselves the masters of maneuver warfare. Not sure if the pocket will hold but if it does it will be a rough blow to the Russians.

Germans use convoy proceeds to buy another Naval lab.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

25 May

Probably the last power to join the war. Portugal is also probably the least consequential. They have to ship troops to war theaters and this tends to take a long time and they do not have much of an economy. They can usually support 2 or 3 infantry.

Tech Big turn for tech. AH and Ottomans both develop Mustard gas meaning all Central powers have the best gas tech. AH develops steel helmets and can move on to flamethrowers. Finally the Germans develop Filter Respirator masks finishing off the gas protection tech tree.

The Med

AH finishes a light cruiser fleet. Going to prep the German and AH infantry to load up next turn and begin the attack on Tripoli.

While the battle of Sicily rages on the AH subs avenge their navy's losses on the fleeing British Pre-Dreadnoughts.

North Sea/Atlantic

Nothing.

Western Front

London is down to 5 production.

Eastern Front

Slowed to tech up AH and German forces.

Romania

Bucharest is being pounded by Bulgaria with minimal success.

Egypt

Bored troops stare at each other across trenches.

Caucasus

Pocket is holding and wiped out two units in it. Now just need to take Tiflis.

Everyone is broke from upgrades.

8 June

Tech Germany develops depth charges and seaplane tenders, both upgrades for the surface fleet. Bulgaria develops improved artillery shells.

The Med

The Tripoli invasion force loads on to boats. The AH subs finish off the British pre-dreadnoughts and find a British garrison being shipped and damage it.

On Sicily the Italian infantry has its line cut and the obnoxious artillery that has been pelting the Germans is about to die and with it falls Palermo and Sicily will be secured.

North Sea/Atlantic

Nothing, I want to start upgrading the surface fleet but will need to wait for next convoy. One should arrive in the Baltic soon.

Western Front

London is reduced to 1 production.

Eastern Front

Brest Litovsk is about to fall and breakthroughs are achieved in the North. The front is starting to move again.

The Russians felt compelled to abandon Vinnytsia and the Germans take it. Going to swoop South with these troops to work on Romania.

Romania

Arad seems like it is going to take a while and Bucharest is holding strong.

Italy

AH finally takes a hex.

Egypt

Planes on the way, nothing happening.

Caucasus

Trying to close the pocket. The Russians also brought in a bomber and started bombing Sarikamish. Figures they would bomb my most economically struggling nation. Not much I can do about it but keep advancing and push it back.

22 June

Tech AH develops filter masks and Germany develops searchlights for improved AA.

The Med

Palermo falls. The Italian infantry is out of supply and should die easily next turn. The transports continue to Libya.

The subs finish off the British garrison. Going to send the subs to Sicily. They need repairs and refitting.

North Sea/Atlantic

A pair of light cruiser fleets are detached from the German fleet with orders to go to the Med and support the Tripoli invasion. I do not want to wait for more AH ships to arrive. Germany finishes a new dreadnought. The fleet begins teching up.

Western Front

London's production is knocked to zero. Attacks begin on Portsmouth and Plymouth.

Eastern Front

If I can keep up the pressure I can force a general Russian retreat soon.

Romania

Arad will fall next turn. Bucharest is still holding out with remarkable ferocity.

Egypt

German planes have reached Constantinople.

Caucasus

Russians are being annoyingly resilient. On the bright side the Russian bombers have gone silent. Left for another front?

The loss of the AH dreadnought fleet may slow the invasion of Tripoli as I was counting on it for bombardment support but the borrowed German light cruisers should do while waiting for the AH fleet to rebuild.

It is nice to see movement in Russia but Romania continues to annoy me.

I am considering building up German amphibious capability and invading Portugal.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
... Huh. Apparently you /can/ blitz London. If you do it with airships built out of helium and airplanes made out of wood and fabric. Seems like you are managing to use somewhat better explosives than grenades thrown out the side of the cockpit.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Will Russia crumble into revolution if it takes enough lumps?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Fuligin posted:

Will Russia crumble into revolution if it takes enough lumps?

The Russian Revolution is a scripted event that automatically lowers Russian morale. If you are doing well you can keep the Russians in the war. If they are not doing well they tend to collapse pretty quickly after that. I believe the event triggers in late 1916.

wedgekree posted:

... Huh. Apparently you /can/ blitz London. If you do it with airships built out of helium and airplanes made out of wood and fabric. Seems like you are managing to use somewhat better explosives than grenades thrown out the side of the cockpit.

It should be noted that the British would be doing much better if they put a guy with AA guns in London or had some planes to shoot down my attackers.

I am using genuine wooden bombers not fighters loaded with grenades. Probably AEG G.I bombers at this point since I haven't developed much bomber tech. Carries 200 kg of bombs. And yes, it is laughable that these things wiped out London.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Xenocides posted:

It should be noted that the British would be doing much better if they put a guy with AA guns in London or had some planes to shoot down my attackers.

I am using genuine wooden bombers not fighters loaded with grenades. Probably AEG G.I bombers at this point since I haven't developed much bomber tech. Carries 200 kg of bombs. And yes, it is laughable that these things wiped out London.

Man, this game.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Maybe think about the Zeppelin panic being so massive in this timeline that it causes a huge exodus from London.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
London wouldn't need to be completely destroyed to not contribute to the war effort, it would just need to be hit to the point where it's consuming more resources to keep it repaired than it's remaining factories produce.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

wedgekree posted:

you mean hydrogen? The Hindenburg disaster is still 2 decades away! :v:

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Thefluffy posted:

you mean hydrogen? The Hindenburg disaster is still 2 decades away! :v:

Does this game have an incendiary bullets upgrade that causes zeppelins to start randomly instantly dying when attacked?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I wonder what Portugal hopes to gain. It's interesting that Northern Italy has become the historical western front quagmire.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Cassa posted:

I wonder what Portugal hopes to gain.

Probably Germany's African colonies.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

RZApublican posted:

Probably Germany's African colonies.

It seems exceptionally unwise to do that after France has had it's rear end kicked two ways to sunday already.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Cassa posted:

I wonder what Portugal hopes to gain. It's interesting that Northern Italy has become the historical western front quagmire.

Historically, Portugal had a long-standing alliance and heavy trade links w/ Britain. They offered to war-dec Germany at the beginning of the war, but Britain told them to hold off until they could do the most damage to Germany (interning merchant ships and the like). Which they did, although it nearly collapsed the government.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Cassa posted:

the AI always does this, for reasons that I cannot begin to understand. maybe because the Italian front is the closest to a CP capital?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Cassa posted:

Historically they had been fighting the Germans in Africa and the U-boats did not help. Also, the British convinced the Portuguese to intern all German ships in their ports. The Portuguese also hoped to gain German colonies. Not sure why they think the Allies are going to win the war in this timeline though.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

July - December 1915

6 July

The Ottoman manpower reserves have fallen. Their production drops.

Tech Ottomans develop the best gas mask technology.

The Med

The unsupplied Italian infantry is destroyed. At the end of the turn all of Sicily will belong to the Central Powers.

North Sea/Atlantic

New German light cruiser fleet is finished. Blockade is still solid.

Western Front

Leeds and Norwich are out of action and the bombing continues.

Eastern Front

The army breaks through in the North and pushes towards Riga.

This group wipes out a Russian and a Romanian unit and pushes south towards the Romanian border.

Romania

The Germans take Arad and a combined German and Bulgarian assault takes Bucharest. Next target is Constanta.

Italy

Nothing.

Egypt

Nothing.

Caucasus

The Russians push west to get out of the pocket and I shift the line to cover them. More attacks on Tiflis but the Ottomans are not fighting well.

The Germans expand their munitions production to try to keep up with the bombing campaign against the British. Bulgaria buys another infantry.

20 July

With the intense bombing campaign and the U-boat blockade the British Isles are coming close to starving. The Germans demand harsh terms. Ireland is to be made sovereign, Egypt be given to the Ottomans, Germany claims numerous African and Pacific possessions, and India is to be made independent. The British fleet is to operate under strict restrictions keeping it from exceeding the strength of the Kaiser's fleet.

Tech Germany develops tanks, Ottomans get steel helmets, and Bulgarians better gas masks.

The Med

Troops are in position to land. The AH sub fleet moves to Sicily to be refitted.

North Sea/Atlantic

Closing this theater.

Western Theater

The planes will transfer to the East, the coastal garrisons will stand by for a possible invasion of Portugal.

Eastern Theater

The fortress of Kovno falls and the army pushes on to Riga and Vilna.

Romania

Russian cavalry moves to hit Kiev and the rest of the army pushes to Iasi. If it falls Romania should be done for. All the rail lines to Romania have been taken so no more Russian troops can get here easily.

The southern group sweeps east and wipes out a few Romanian units on the way to Constanta.

Egypt

Going to disband most of the army down here to relieve the economic situation. The cavalry will march to the Caucasus. The German planes on the way to Egypt are diverted to the Caucasus.

Caucasus

Tiflis just will not die.

Germany orders a pair of tank units and pushes research into improving them.

3 August

Hearing of new German superweapons on the way Russia and Italy both surrender. Germany demands the Baltic regions and both the Ottomans and AH demand territorial concessions. Libya is ceded to the Ottomans and Sardinia is given to AH who are eager to become a full-fledged Mediterranean naval power.

AH is beginning to feel the effects of the war.

Romania, the USA, and Portugal fight on alone.

The Med

The war is finished here and the Tripoli invasion force is sent to Sicily.

Portugal

German forces prepare to board ships to deal with Portugal.

Romania

The last of Romania's forces fall back to Iasi.

17 August

Tech Germany develops railway artillery. AH improves their subs and fighters.

Portugal Ships start loading infantry to be sent in.

Romania

Iasi falls and the last remaining Romanian unit will be out of supply next turn.

31 August

Tech Germany improves their armored cars and their subs. Germany begins working on submarine cruisers, the last sub tech.

Portugal

More Germans load up for the invasion.

Romania

Last Romanian unit dies. I am guessing they will surrender soon.

14 September

Romania surrenders and their land is partitioned between AH and Bulgaria with Germans getting basing rights on the Black Sea.

Tech Germany gets last entrenchment tech.

Portugal

The invasion begins soon.

12 October

Tech AH develops centralized firing control

Portugal

Portuguese rush to defend the beaches and we move around to get away from their troops.

26 October

Tech Germany improves their railroad cars, Bulgaria gets steel helmets, and AH gets searchlights.

Portugal

Troops take the beaches. Ships begin bombardment.

9 Novemeber

Tech AH masters the depth charge and the seaplane tender. Ottomans and Bulgarians figure out searchlights.

Portugal

German troops take Lisbon with heavy dreadnought support. With Lisbon in German hands our range in the Atlantic increases. Subs are sent to reconnoiter the US coast.

23 November

Portugal

Bombardment at Porto. Portugal is down to 0 production with the fall of Lisbon and Porto losing its production from bombardment.

7 December

Portugal surrenders. Portugal is reorganized as a client state of Germany and its African possessions, Goa, and various islands are claimed by the Germans in the peace negotiations.

Winter begins.

21 December

The USA agrees to a white peace with neither side wanting to continue prosecuting a war and the Central Powers having gotten most of what they wanted.

What Happens Next:

Germany becomes the supreme power in Europe. A Greater Reich Alliance is formed with Germany and Austo-Hungary as the core members. France, Spain, and Italy are coerced into joining.

The British fight to hold on to their Empire but with the loss of a great deal of the Royal Navy it becomes hopeless. The Commonwealth of Nations ends and Canada, Australia, and New Zealand cozy up to the United States for protection. South Africa does the same with Germany. The United States reaches a number of accords with Germany and Germany releases the few colonies in the Americas seized during the war. Great Britain eventually regains a healthy trade relationship with the Continent but continues to oppose German European supremacy.

The Russian Revolution is bitter but the Whites are even weaker in this timeline. The Greens rise to ascendancy and ally with disaffected intellectuals, defecting Red, and surviving White leadership and win the war. The Peasants demand greater freedoms and Russia creates a market socialist state. An ill-planned attack on Finland in the late 20s leads to a humiliating defeat. The Russians as a culture back off from military adventurism.

Japan sees an opportunity for expansionism and in 1930 attacks German and American possessions in the Pacific. The Kaiser's navy with its new aircraft carriers fights with the American fleet and soundly defeats the Japanese. The Philippines fight well against the Japanese and the Philippines becomes an American business hub in the Pacific. In 1936 a plebiscite in the Philippines votes for remaining with the United States and the islands are divided into three new states in the Union.

India fights a bitter civil war with the British no longer holding the caste system at bay. The fighting is horrific and lasts for decades. A crazed extremist named Mahatma Gandhi steals a nuclear weapon from Germany in 1949 and detonates it in Bombay in the name of waking the country up from its madness. Though the death toll is catastrophic the death toll does bring an end to the fighting. This also leads to the German-American Nuclear Accords strictly limiting production of these weapons.

Austria-Hungary splits in the 30s into a number of kingdoms. While there is some fighting the split is mostly amicable as the patchwork kingdom splits into separate states with the Greater Reich Alliance.

The Ottoman Empire fades in significance until the 30s when oil begins to become a critical trade commodity. An Arab revolution inspired by a combination of American, German, and Muslim political and religious ideals topples the Sultan who flees to Italy in exile. A new democratic government structure forms and brilliant statesmen convince the revolutionary factions not to balkanize the region but to keep the state together. In the 50s as Zionism takes off the Empire agrees to allow Jewish immigrants into the Empire. Impassioned pleas from all sides for an reconciliation amongst the children of Abraham stabilizes the Empire through peace with their minority populations.

Feel free to correct me on anything you think is impossible in this scenario I cooked up. I have been toying with it in my mind since I started the LP.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Xenocides fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 17, 2016

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.

Xenocides posted:

The British fight to hold on to their Empire but with the loss of a great deal of the Royal Navy it becomes hopeless. The Commonwealth of Nations ends and Canada, Australia, and New Zealand cozy up to the United States for protection. South Africa does the same with Germany. The United States reaches a number of accords with Germany and Germany releases the few colonies in the Americas seized during the war. Great Britain eventually regains a healthy trade relationship with the Continent but

But what? I think you missed the end of that sentence.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

nweismuller posted:

But what? I think you missed the end of that sentence.

Oops, yeah, I was jumping all over in that and must have missed that. Britain continued to try to challenge Germany's European supremacy but never really got anywhere.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
Thanks for the LP, Xenocides. I appreciated reading it. Just watching how the game goes is reasonably interesting to me.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

nweismuller posted:

Thanks for the LP, Xenocides. I appreciated reading it. Just watching how the game goes is reasonably interesting to me.

Thanks, I follow many of your LPs and enjoy your dedication to the lore of your story.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.

Xenocides posted:

Thanks, I follow many of your LPs and enjoy your dedication to the lore of your story.

Thank you very much. I've always appreciated your participation in my LPs, and it's good to hear your appreciation. :)

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Yeah, great job with the LP and very great read!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Great read, inspired me to do another playthrough of the game.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Great LP, thanks for this!

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
For a minute there I thought this was going to link directly into Chief Savage Man's Kaiserriech LP. Then Mahatma got the bomb.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
Gandhi resorting to nukes is clearly the most realistic thing about this timeline, as anybody who has played Civilization knows.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Thanks for this LP, good job crushing democracy.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Could we get a map of Post-War Europe?

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Very nice LP, enjoyed the hell out of it.

I think if Germany won the war it would actually be much more likely to see imperial russia continue in some form. I have a hard time seeing the Kaiser allowing something like the red army to exist when he shares a border with them, and with them winning the war the impetus to give back all that seized ukrainian territory would not be there. Maybe I just have secret monarchist leanings and am attributing a will to accept casualties that wouldn't actually be there.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

dtkozl posted:

Very nice LP, enjoyed the hell out of it.

I think if Germany won the war it would actually be much more likely to see imperial russia continue in some form. I have a hard time seeing the Kaiser allowing something like the red army to exist when he shares a border with them, and with them winning the war the impetus to give back all that seized ukrainian territory would not be there. Maybe I just have secret monarchist leanings and am attributing a will to accept casualties that wouldn't actually be there.

The historical Allied powers, including the countries liberated after the war which bordered Russia, weren't willing to allow the Red Army to exist, either. The Reds won anyway.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Nuclear terrorist Gandhi is great

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

Friend Commuter posted:

The historical Allied powers, including the countries liberated after the war which bordered Russia, weren't willing to allow the Red Army to exist, either. The Reds won anyway.

Well there were problems IRL then that Imperial Germany didn't have like easy access to supply routes and established military infrastructure, especially in this timeline where there probably are several million men still alive.

The only serious western assault against the red army was the british and they had to back out because if things got too messy they might have had a communist uprising in their own country. Their own men refused to fight.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Will we see the Entente in this thread, or a new thread, unspoiled by 1000 years of Euroreich?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

nweismuller posted:

Gandhi resorting to nukes is clearly the most realistic thing about this timeline, as anybody who has played Civilization knows.

Gandhi just fired nukes at me in a game of Civ. Felt fitting to fit him in that way.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I'd be interested to see an Entente playthough as well, only seen the game from a CP perspective in both LP's.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Great LP Xenocides!

Katznmaus
May 29, 2013
Thanks for the LP, sad it ended this quick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
Great LP, to bad we didn't invade Zwitserland. However it was a great run.

• Locked thread