Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I just pulled the trigger and uninstalled, so there's another -1. Constructed is ok still, but I really dislike the current draft format and getting about 3 drafts in a row flooded/power screwed finally tilted me hard enough.

Whiny maybe, but why am I playing a game which repeatedly pisses me off? They could have just kept Plunder as a major draft keyword, that was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah I never cared much for draft/monthly league because of exactly that. Expedition has been pretty fun, throne feels like a bit of a shitshow. The power level is so high you just have unstoppable steam rolls.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
if anyone is still playing, Battle Lines releases oct. 18th. in addition to that, theyre changing up the current expedition vault (the set of free cards everyone gets for expedition).

So far, im still having fun playing, so ill ride this train till either that changes or the game becomes unplayable one way or another. Ive certainly got the $3 i paid for the snowman avatar out of this.

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

New set is now out!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Jennev is completely busted in expedition. Multiple ways to Mirror Image in such a removal light format is nuts.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 23, 2023

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Had a guy play turn 1 Light the Fuse and I had 3 bombs go off in the next 2 turns. Not sure why everyone isn't playing such an OP deck.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

balance changes dropped.

lipa to 1/1
karrina to 3/3
kid to 3/2

and some draft changes. slightly annoying cause my sealed pool has two aerial suppresion which got nerfed to 2, but also has two forked lightning which got buffed to 2. perhaps a wash.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Going first has gotta be at least a 10% swing in win rate in this game. Desperately needs a coin for player 2.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

more balance changes. this time for throne.

as the article says, its mostly reverting a bunch of nerfs that were made for expedition and also nerfing spire shadows.

rip spire, you only did unfair things.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is them saying the win rate is not unusually high because all they're seeing is mirrors? Also no way it's weak to aggro when Salvo can fetch Spire or Eremot's.

Aggro was one of my best matchups unless they're specifically running 1 mana counter spells main deck.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
https://news.direwolfdigital.com/eternal-end-of-year-community-store-update/

Community cards got released for Christmas, including mine

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

a new year, a new round of balance changes.

nerfed cards:
winter wolf now costs 10 but gets -1 cost for every 2 hunted cards.
corrupted riftborn is now a 5/4
light the beacon costs 5
deeptrail vanguard is a 2/4 and gives the spell voidbound
unstable hellion lost overwhelm

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I'm on my annual drop back into this and this time I'm dragging a friend. Am I remembering right that the Steam starter set doesn't count for the "first purchase get 3 of every set" thing? Assuming not and they throw the 3bux at 300 gems for that instead, is the Steam starter set worth gifting them to get a decent card base for a brand new player?

E: I forget there were certain times of the day you just don't play vs lol

Splicer fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Thread deader than game.

I'm liking the rerelease thing they're doing.