Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
The Cubone is curious as to your intentions, and begins stepping forward cautiously, unsure of its next action. When you attempt to poke through it, you succeed in doing so. The Pokemon gives you a very unimpressed/"Seriously?" kind of expression and just lingers on it. Based on the way it's holding the club, you're pretty sure you're in for a bopping as soon as you remove your hand from its face.

The Litwick, meanwhile, regains interest in Lisa. In fact, it starts making them right back, continuing this game until it seems to have formed a smile not of mischievousness, but of actual appreciation. Now common sense would tell you that this is the part where you can offer it a ball and it'll probably nudge it and hop on in, but you could just as easily use this opportunity to get back at it for being a merry prankster while it's at its most susceptible.

Yuri's attempts to get a more direct link succeed. A deeper delve into the thoughts of this Honedge gives you a greater idea of their motivations. It seems they have a great deal of affection for Lady Mismagius. So much so, in fact, that they perform any task with an overzealous drive in an attempt to impress. Moreover, given Lady Mismagius' propensity and love of causing scares, such tasks are its prerogative! Long story short: it's gonna keep trying to fight and/or spook you until you catch it, knock it out, or otherwise defeat it in a competition. Or find Lady Mismagius, though that could mean being chased by a sentient sword for quite some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Lisa Alcemene, Pet Rock Enthusiast

"See Bronco! I told you he was cool. Want to help me find Lady Mismagius and solve some puzzles?"

She offers the litwick a common pokeball and then turns to face the party.

"Bronco... Be ready, things look like they're getting messy."

"Onnnn" the onix gives his growling reply

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Abbie, Big Buff Pokepuff

"Listen, buddy! I'm gonna be the very best there ever was on this island, and heck if I'm gonna let an overgrown butter knife like you get the best of me!"

Abbie tosses a Pokeball on the ground, tightens up her muscles, and attempts to summon all her strength to SLAM THIS GUY DOWN RIGHT INTO IT!

Combat! 16!

Capture! 7!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 25, 2016

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Channeler Yuri Scanate

"I...see..." Yuri murmurs once his grip has shifted. So it's all from hyper-enthusiasm, not from any sort of--whoa!

"Abbie I can't hold you on my own aaaaah!"

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Riley Vincent, Spirited Child

"Whoooa, look at that, Minzy! I can poke right through him!"

Getting more and more excited now, I carelessly start poking two, and then three fingers through the precious little Cubone. Minzy, for whatever reason, hops off my shoulder and maneuvers behind me. Guess she's not in the mood to have fun!

Hahaha, yeah, like Riley would stop poking. Whack away, mister Cubone, I can take ya.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
To no one's surprise, the Litwick bops the ball and enters without a fight. Meanwhile, the sword, slammed into a ball, begins shaking furiously, the ball hopping up and down several times before it finally stops and confirms the capture. Things appear to be going well for this group, with two out of three mons pacified. Unfortunately, the Cubone is annoyed to the point of raising their spectral bone and swinging at the object of their disdain...The bone failing to materialize and instead harmlessly passing through the target. The Cubone looks around, expecting to still have the company of the other two ghosts who were here just moments ago, and finds itself blanching a little at the fact that this has become 5 on 1.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Channeler Yuri Scanate

"Ooomph!" Yuri yells as he lands on his rump, nearly on top of Droopy. "Owww...well, at least you got the Honedge, Abbie. What are you going to call him?"

He turns to the last not-yet-tame Pokemon in the room and side-eyes Riley during the poke the Pokemon session. "C'mon, don't be like that. Hey, Cubone, uh...we got your friends, but don't worry, they'll be back after we find Miss Magius. Do you, uh...I can get Riley to stop poking you if you, uh, want to come with?"

"Woopah!" Droopy accents the question.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

"Little, why don't you convince your friend to put away the bone."

Lisa swaps Bronco for her new Litwick pal and gets litwick to talk to cubone

"Litwick!" It proclaims proudly, puffing up it's fire briefly.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
The Cubone...decides to flee the room! It runs through a wall, and the next you know, it's gone. Still, one room down, an entire Mansion to go!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Jimmy Wigglet, Kahuna of Kakunas

In the distance, Kricketots can be heard as silence enters the room.

"Well, that was awkward, the key is not in here it seems so... Where to next?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Channeler Yuri Scanate

"Woo-pah," mutters Droopy, kicking the carpet as if to say "awww, I wanted a ghost Cubone friend."

"Aw, don't worry, Droopy," Yuri consoles him with a gentle pat. "The mansion's big but it still has to be done by kids, so it can't be that big. I'm sure we'll see him again soon."

"Woopah!" The little Wooper cheers up, running towards the door on the same wall the Cubone drifted through. He gives it a headbutt, making a nice knocking sound but not moving the wood.

"Whoa, hey, you don't know Skull Bash, easy, Droopy!" Yuri steps in and opens the door for Droopy, who promptly runs in with a "Woopah!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Abbie, Big Buff Pokepuff

"Nice! I'm gonna call this fella Delt!"

Abbie picks up the Pokeball and tosses it in the air a couple times.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

"Boo, I was hoping to be friends." She swaps out Little for Bronco. "Back to the wall-following rule?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Continuing along, you leave the library and go to where the left would have taken you from the entrance, given your facing. This lets out into a hallway that, following the right hand rule, takes you into a bedroom. It appears to be a child's bedroom, given all the various toys strewn about. There's a jack-in-the-box, various dolls of things like Haunter, Cubone, Pumpkaboo... There's also what looks to be a small key inside a doll house.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Channeler Yuri Scanate

"Wait, this is a kid's room?" Yuri wonders aloud as they walk in. "I wouldn't want to sleep in here as a kid. I'd get nightmares."

"Woo-Pah." Droopy assents with closed eyes and a nod.

"Hey, Lisa, I think I see your Cubone friend on the wall there."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Jimmy Wigglet, Scion of Scisors

"Mmmhmm." Jimmy looked around the room, several stuffed dolls, mysteriously abandoned toys, he had learned his lesson from the library and was not going to touch anything in this room no sir.

"Well either that's the key we're looking for in that seemingly innocuous dollhouse, or it's a trap. Probably a trap, we should consider how to approach this carefully."

With that, he took a step back, and patted Abbie on the back. "You first, you're bigger than us."

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

"Careful? Careful? I didn't come here to stand around looking at cute dolls, I came to claim the title of queen of the park or whatever! Bronco, get the key!"

The little lady's onix surges forward.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Abbie, Big Buff Pokepuff

"Just cuz I'm the big one means I gotta go get turned into a doll or some junk?! H-Hey Bronco, wait!"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Bronco snatches the key!

Nothing seems to happen, although all of the dolls and other toys seem to be eyeing the Onix now, following its movements without making a single movement beyond those of the eyes themselves. The question is, do you investigate the now-even-more-suspicious dolls, or attempt to leave without disturbing anything else?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Abbie, Big Buff Pokepuff

"Okay, I think we should get outta here, we got the key, let's move on!"

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

"I agree, let's ditch these cruddy dolls and move on to find what this key unlocks. S'gotta be cool!"

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Riley Vincent, Spirited Child

"Aw, but they're so cute! Look at this one!"

Riley walks on over to the Pumpkaboo doll, giving it a lookover. Sure, the eye moving part was a little creepy, but how could anyone call something so chubby cruddy? Ignoring the very small sensible side of Riley warning that this was probably a bad idea, Riley reached down to try and pick up the doll.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 8, 2017

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Channeler Yuri Scanate

"Sounds okay--wait, Droopy, don't touch the Cubone doll!"

"Woo?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Riley attempts to lift up the doll. It proves to be a difficult task, as the chufty pumpkin is about half his size. With one strong heft, the kid manages to lift up the creature...Who then makes a noise and flails, causing Riley to fall over. Thankfully, the still-held Pumpkaboo breaks his fall. The sound it makes gets the attention of the other creatures within the room, however, who, the Cubone aside, start floating up and congregating towards Riley, making spooky ghost wails. The Cubone, meanwhile, pretends it didn't see this as best it can until the Wooper bumps into it, causing it to leap up in frustration! It would appear this is the same Cubone from the last room.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

"Crud, they're on us! Bronco, quickly, bind on that cubone, protect droopy!"

And for the first time, Bronco gets a gleam in his eye, he's been waiting all day for that command. He drops the key and blasts a loud roar.

"ONNNNIX!"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Channeler Yuri Scanate

"Woopah, woopah!" The moment the Cubone jumps up Droopy turns around and starts running away, ducking underneath the other rising dolls.

"Droopy, you're a water type!" Yuri calls out in confusion.

"Woo...?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
((Note, this is just me posting you on over to a roll20 which should have all the rolls and grid junk ready. Riley, do put yourself in the gaggle of ghosties if you can. If you can't, well, I'm still new-ish to GMing via roll20 so this could take some doing, but for all intents and purposes once we can move sprites around and roll dice, we're set. Game is here.))

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

((Crud, sorry! Joined the roll20 game now!))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Channeler Yuri Scanate

"Droopy, jump up and get on the bookshelf, then give him a spray!"

"Woopah!" Droopy nods, then jumps backwards before aiming a Water Gun at the Cubone.

I mentioned this before in Discord, but my planned move with Droopy is move south 1, then attack with Water Gun.

• Locked thread