Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014

Tom Gorman posted:

the Cubs couldn't hit the baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm fairly certain this series is going 6 or 7 games, regardless of who wins

I'm pretty sure with John Lackey as a starter (easy 5-6 runs for Cleveland) and Andrew Miller dominating, the series ends in 5 at most, assuming they can win Hendrick's start.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
It's still been 71 years since a Cubs baserunner has crossed home plate in the World Series.

Aesirstorm
Sep 16, 2002

NOT GAY
Dinosaur Gum

El Gallinero Gros posted:

We're well put together, I just hope the rest of our somewhat shaky rotation can hold up

Salazar's on the WS roster but it seems uncertain whether it's as a SP or a RP because of how recently he came off the DL. I will point out that Tomlin pitched well against both Boston and Toronto and fairly well in the last couple months of the season.

If Tomlin and Bauer have effective breaking pitches they'll be alright. I think you see Salazar piggyback off one of the starters, I guess he could start game four in the unlikely even that the Indians are up 3-0.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Holy poo poo is that janitor from Scrubs?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SourKraut posted:

I'm pretty sure with John Lackey as a starter (easy 5-6 runs for Cleveland) and Andrew Miller dominating, the series ends in 5 at most, assuming they can win Hendrick's start.

That sounds a bit fatalist to me, but that's the way of the Cubs fan. I will say that the Cubs are in trouble if they lose tomorrow, though. I do NOT fear John Lackey in a hitters park like Wrigley. Not that Josh Tomlin's a "FEAR OF GOD" kind of guy either, mind you.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Niwrad posted:

Holy poo poo is that janitor from Scrubs?

No, it's the cop who got shot on the train in The Fugitive.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

TMMadman posted:

I mean you can't really say the Cubs got dominated. They still had 7 hits. They had their chances to score but they just didn't get it done.

And while the score ended up being 6-0, that's only because Grimm hosed up in the 8th after getting 2 outs and then Rondon served up a meatball. So the score looks a lot worse.

Actually they got completely owned.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Goodpancakes posted:

Nothing irritates me about baseball more about how people lose their loving minds over batflipping. Stop caring about batflipping, and stop throwing at people for bat flipping you giant babies.

I joked about the bat flipping and not running, but I'm absolutely against hitting someone over it. That's juvenile, macho bullshit.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I for one think you should get thrown at if you don't flip your bat :colbert:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I joked about the bat flipping and not running, but I'm absolutely against hitting someone over it. That's juvenile, macho bullshit.

I'll agree with this. Plunking people because they showed you up is for assholes. You wanna get 'em back? Strike 'em out next time they come up! Beaning people intentionally is bush league bullshit.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Did you know that the Indians in Major League didn't even win the World Series? It's true!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Did you know that the Indians in Major League didn't even win the World Series? It's true!

It was the 80's. You could only stretch the believably so far.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm going to watch the entire movie right this instant because I don't believe you.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Also I really hate Justin Grimm and wish/hope the Cubs can ditch him once this series is over.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Tom Gorman posted:

I'm going to watch the entire movie right this instant because I don't believe you.

They didn't even make it to the series. The big game at the end was just to make it into the playoffs. In the end they didn't win poo poo!

Yeah part of my world was shattered when I figured that out.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lot of people in this thread who don't understand how satisfying it is to declare things prematurely OVER

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rad Valtar posted:

I'm baffled by everyone picking the Cubs with how bad their hitting and how amazing the Indians Pitching has been this postseason.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

R.D. Mangles posted:

lot of people in this thread who don't understand how satisfying it is to declare things prematurely OVER

If we have no hope we cannot be disappointed just proven correct.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

If we have no hope we cannot be disappointed just proven correct.

This is why I always told myself I did poorly on tests during college. If I ended up doing poorly, it's as I figured. If I did great, then I'd be super happy.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

bat flipping and not hitting a homer should force you to work concessions for a day

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

John Wilkes Booth posted:

You mean the dad in The Middle

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Did you know that the original ending as filmed showed the bitchy woman owner explaining to the manager that the whole thing was her scheme to save the bankrupt team and keep them in Cleveland? Test audiences didn't like the twist and preferred the Margaret Whitton character as a straight up villain, so they recut the ending. It's true!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

John Wilkes Booth posted:

Actually, in Scrubs canon, they are the same person!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And besides, it's really Okie from Rookie of the Year.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

TMMadman posted:

I mean you can't really say the Cubs got dominated. They still had 7 hits. They had their chances to score but they just didn't get it done.

And while the score ended up being 6-0, that's only because Grimm hosed up in the 8th after getting 2 outs and then Rondon served up a meatball. So the score looks a lot worse.

Niwrad posted:

They struck out 15 times. They got clowned.
Yeah even when it the based were loaded they didn't look like a threat.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

bad boy in the boy band posted:

It's still been 71 years since a Cubs baserunner has crossed home plate in the World Series.
lol this stat is great

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Cleveland teams are masters of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory so I wouldn't :derp: too much yet. That said I am cautiously optimistic.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I feel like this series is a movable object hitting a stoppable force.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Despite the goose egg, Andrew Miller was extremely human, giving up 4 baserunners in 2 innings.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Last time the Cubs were shutout 6-0 against Cleveland they came back and put up 17 the next day.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

SourKraut posted:

This is why I always told myself I did poorly on tests during college. If I ended up doing poorly, it's as I figured. If I did great, then I'd be super happy.

Life is so much easier if you expect something bad to happen. Then when it does you're prepared and when it doesn't it's a nice surprise.

Call me a pessimist if you like but it works for me.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Last time the Cubs were shutout 6-0 against Cleveland they came back and put up 17 the next day.

Funny story, a few days later the Jays did the same thing to Cleveland.

Yet here we are >:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

hanales posted:

Funny story, a few days later the Jays did the same thing to Cleveland.

Yet here we are >:)

On the other hand, the Cubs are better than Toronto so...

• Locked thread