Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
There is more than just white trash in Southern Vermont (specifically Brattleboro), but these inbred half-wits are my specialty as I've encountered far too many of them.
Toothless? Check. Retarded? Check. Trump supporters? This falls under "retarded" but, check.

Ask me about people that deserve to be shot dead pretty much.

*fake edit: I'm the retard as I used the wrong tag. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
I've lived in a bunch of states - NM, MN, IL, WI, MI... found examples in all of them. It's not solely an export of the south.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
There is white trash everywhere?

The English call them chavs.

We Aussies call them bogans.

Americans call them rednecks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45JP45Z4lyQ
The Australian Bogan. We can barely understand him as well.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 5, 2016

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Poor uneducated white people, the one group that it's still cool to make fun of regularly on the internet

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Comon, youre going to whiteknight bogans?

Behave like a normal human being if you want to be treated as one.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

Oxphocker posted:

I've lived in a bunch of states - NM, MN, IL, WI, MI... found examples in all of them. It's not solely an export of the south.

Yes, I think it's safe to say there are poor white people all throughout the United States.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Poor uneducated white people, the one group that it's still cool to make fun of regularly on the internet

Lots are decently well-off, or at least middle class

Those trucks and ATVs are like 40k

And who the hell else is buying McMansions?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Sloppy posted:

New loaded F-250 diesel is over $65K USD, and that's before they put the lift, tires, exhaust and poo poo on it.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Not enough attractive cousins in this thread.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Sloppy posted:

I live in Alberta and a lot of our white trash have good-paying jobs (trades and industry pays very loving well). The split comes if they spend it all on drugs/whores or on another lift-kit for their second truck.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Sloppy posted:

Yuppies?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Justin Godscock posted:

I live in Alberta and a lot of our white trash have good-paying jobs (trades and industry pays very loving well). The split comes if they spend it all on drugs/whores or on another lift-kit for their second truck.

Had. They had good-paying jobs. Now they bitch and moan about the government, which is apparently responsible for the price of oil dropping despite being elected well after it happened, and hang out at rallies with Confederate flags.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

Sloppy posted:

I don't really know what it means if you start calling both "middle class" and "white trash" at the same time since neither of these is a purely economic or social category.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

I don't really know what it means if you start calling both "middle class" and "white trash" at the same time since neither of these is a purely economic or social category.

Money can't buy class.

A yob shrieking profanity at his current girlfriend across the street isn't any less of a yob if he's wearing a tuxedo, and binge drinking champagne, as opposed to goon.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

White trash also exist out here in the Northwest just I assume they smoke (and grow) alot of weed instead of make moonshine.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Uh, no. There are still hipsters, bros, bronies and furries.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -

PT6A posted:

Had. They had good-paying jobs. Now they bitch and moan about the government, which is apparently responsible for the price of oil dropping despite being elected well after it happened, and hang out at rallies with Confederate flags.

This is sadly super accurate. I worked in the oilfields there for 3 years before heading back to the US, I left right before everything went to poo poo.

I'm still Facebook friends with a lot of former coworkers and everyone posts thinly veiled racist poo poo and Trump memes, somehow blaming Trudeau for everything, and sharing articles from well respected sources like AntiMedia.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm jewish and live on a boundless plain

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Well op, what's it like?

Funny names and ugly car stories, please.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The rednecks are worse in Northern VT and Northern NH also they're all poor uneducated and don't know what the real world is.

There's a reason why we call the "pretty" girls up here "North Country 10s".

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
what town do you live in op

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What do they think of Bernie Sanders and elder Batfan Patrick Leahy?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I dunno bratt has a pretty sweet coop

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

PT6A posted:

Why would canadians have confederate flags?

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Because it is now a global symbol of 'gently caress the system and gently caress The Man', including in places where people have no clue what the Confederacy actually stood for.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

brattleboro union high school's old football slogan was Pride of the South and had confederate flags on the reg

im assuming the OP lives in like, Searsburg, or Pownall or some poo poo

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
There are entire pro-Union counties in even deep South places like Alabama where the ancestors of the current locals actively fought against or were massacred by Confederate military personnel and were then persecuted for decades, where the battle flag is flown off the back of pickup trucks and Southern Pride is the norm. That's a million times worse than hogheads in rural Sweden or Croatia flying the thing.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Loomer posted:

Because it is now a global symbol of 'gently caress the system and gently caress The Man', including in places where people have no clue what the Confederacy actually stood for.

I'm gonna take a guess that the people flying the Confederate flag in Canada know perfectly well what it stood for: states' rights to allow slavery

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

quote:

Last night I saw Lester Maddox on a TV show
With some smart rear end New York Jew
And the Jew laughed at Lester Maddox
And the audience laughed at Lester Maddox too
Well he may be a fool but he's our fool
If they think they're better than him they're wrong
So I went to the park and I took some paper along
And that's where I made this song

We talk real funny down here
We drink too much and we laugh too loud
We're too dumb to make it in no Northern town
And we're keepin' the niggers down

We got no-necked oilmen from Texas
And good ol' boys from Tennessee
And colleges men from LSU
Went in dumb. Come out dumb too
Hustlin' 'round Atlanta in their alligator shoes
Gettin' drunk every weekend at the barbecues
And they're keepin' the niggers down

We're rednecks, we're rednecks
And we don't know our rear end from a hole in the ground
We're rednecks, we're rednecks
And we're keeping the niggers down

Now your northern nigga's a Negro
You see he's got his dignity
Down here we're too ignorant to realize
That the North has set the nigga free

Yes he's free to be put in a cage
In Harlem in New York City
And he's free to be put in a cage on the South-Side of Chicago
And the West-Side
And he's free to be put in a cage in Hough in Cleveland
And he's free to be put in a cage in East St. Louis
And he's free to be put in a cage in Fillmore in San Francisco
And he's free to be put in a cage in Roxbury in Boston

They're gatherin' 'em up from miles around
Keepin' the niggers down

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
what is the main difference between rural northern white trash and southern northern white trash?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Cammo print vs stained t and sweats

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
I lived in brattleboro and dummerston for 10 years and it still weirds me out that people would wear hunting camo to their weddings.

Paper With Lines posted:

what is the main difference between rural northern white trash and southern northern white trash?

Heat tolerance and how they react when it snows.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

brattleboro union high school's old football slogan was Pride of the South and had confederate flags on the reg

Words can not express how much I hated that place, and that was a large part of why.

I want to complain more, but then I remember it could always be worse, I could have lived in the northern part of the state or New Hampshire.

Would it be kosher to ask where the other posters are from?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

BUHS was good but especially in comparison to direct alternatives

Solaron
Sep 6, 2007

Whatever the reason you're on Mars, I'm glad you're there, and I wish I was with you.
I went to school near there (GMUHS in Chester) in the mid 90s. Many of the kids were either potheads or rednecks who enjoyed shooting people / each other with BB guns or blowing up aerosol cans in campfires.

So basically the same as most other schools I attended (basically a new one every year because my parents could never settle down).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

My coworkers here on Long Island are all white trash rednecks. Old rear end trucks that run "fuckin' mint" (they don't), constant hunting trips upstate, wearing camo every day to work, lips full of dip, spitting loving everywhere, their houses all have redneck lawn ornaments of camaros and pick ups that they're totally gonna get running some day. They fly confederate flags and trump banners from their beat up trucks, blasting Big Smo, and are pissed that people aren't allowed to say whatever they want anymore.

• Locked thread